HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 2:41 PM
My Mind Has Left My Body

I hope the other river gateway by Magellan in LE will step up its game now. I wasn't as particular when the plan was for 875ft for that site but something OCD in me just pangs for an approximate symmetry of height between the two river gateway river towers.

I'm realist enough to figure that Magellan will have no compulsion to add height for the skylines aesthetic sake but perhaps ego and marketing will want them to compete with the Related Towers and increase their height somehow? Can only hope.

......Also, agree with the one, or few, who said that for the base at 400 LSD site I would like to see some pedestrian cut-through between the two towers in order to reach DuSable Park. The base looks like it would remind one of a fortress from LSD. Really my only major complaint.

Also at least initially it looks like from the early plans they aren't promising to oversell Dusable Park. It just looks...finished. Which is good enough for me. I never understood the hope and promise for what will always be a very isolated park. We don't have to make it Millenium Park II which was what the CS seemed to promise it at times.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction