HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast

Old Posted Jun 18, 2015, 4:02 AM
Greensboro Rocks!

Office tower planned for Greensboro..would be the tallest in NC outside Charlotte

Roy Carroll is planning for an office tower in downtown Greensboro. The tower would not only be the tallest in the Triad, it would also be the tallest in North Carolina outside of Charlotte. Project 561 would overshadow the city’s landmark Lincoln Financial tower, at Market and Greene streets, which is 375 feet tall. It would include office space and possibly a small hotel. The tower would become North Carolina's 5th tallest building.

http://www.greensboro.com/business/c...d2946aebc.html

Last edited by urbanscraper; Jun 18, 2015 at 4:33 AM.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2015, 2:48 PM

Super jelly

Old Posted Jan 23, 2016, 8:22 AM
Greensboro Rocks!

Well here is a rendering I created showing what project 561 could look like. I placed the tower next to Roy Carroll's Center Pointe condo Tower (on the left), the likely location for project 561. Took me hours to recreate Center Pointe and design the tower. Once developer Roy Carroll lines up tenants, construction will start on North Carolina's tallest building outside of Charlotte.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2016, 7:48 PM
Greensboro Rocks!

Another rendering I created showing more of the surrounding buildings and center city park

Last edited by urbanscraper; Jan 24, 2016 at 5:00 AM.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2016, 6:47 AM

Awesome rendering!
And thanks for the hard work.
Greensboro could definitely use this building! Hope it gets built! :-)

Old Posted Jan 28, 2016, 1:24 AM
Greensboro Rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy33 View Post
Awesome rendering!
And thanks for the hard work.
Greensboro could definitely use this building! Hope it gets built! :-)
Thanks! I tried to design the tower with similar architectural cues with a dramatic curve facing the Center Pointe condo tower. I didn't want to design a plain flat top building or a building with a pyramid top. Downtown Greensboro already has two towers with pyramid tops. The developer actually saw my rendering and he is going to put it in the Rhino Times, a local weekly newspaper that he owns. I agree, Greensboro needs a new and taller signature tower. Rightfully so or not, many people often judge a downtown by its skyline.

I did a quick night rendering.

Last edited by urbanscraper; Feb 3, 2016 at 4:05 AM.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2016, 2:52 PM
Greensboro Rocks!

my latest rendering

Last edited by urbanscraper; Jan 30, 2016 at 6:46 PM.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2016, 9:39 PM
Greensboro Rocks!

My rendering is published in this week's Rhino Times!

http://www.rhinotimes.com/Content/E-...016/1/37/126#1

Old Posted Mar 3, 2016, 12:50 AM
Greensboro Rocks!

Developer Roy Carroll has purchased property across the street from NewBridge Bank Ballpark for his towering 561 foot tall mixed-use skyscraper. The contemporary 28 story tower would sit on top of an 8 story parking deck and have a spire at the top pushing the height to 561 feet, the tallest in North Carolina outside of Charlotte. The tower would include street level retail, class A office space and a boutique hotel. The tower site also sits across the intersection from Roy Carroll's Bellemeade Village project, currently under comstruction. That project includes four 6-story mid-rise buildings spanning two blocks and will include 300 luxury apartments, roof top pools and a Hyatt Place hotel.

Carroll stated the tower could still be built next to his 16-story Center Pointe condo tower and the site he just purchased could have a scaled downed development with retail, parking and office.

Several small and large potential tenants are interested in leasing office space in the tower but he is currently looking for an anchor tenant which would purchase naming rights. Roy Carroll has had six meetings with various potential tenants, even showing them designs of the building with their corporate logos. "we've put a number of marquee logos on the side of our buildings" "i've got a whole secret file of renderings with different marquees on the side of the building"

http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/new...enant-for.html

Last edited by urbanscraper; Mar 3, 2016 at 1:41 AM.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2016, 6:11 AM

Sounds exciting! I hope Mr. Carroll is able to make this happen!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast