HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 12, 2016, 3:04 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Oh wow, I hope those two get off the ground. Not bad designs!
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Jan 12, 2016, 5:02 PM
Ascension

These are very nice. Why can't we get 5 of these in downtown?

Old Posted Jan 12, 2016, 7:20 PM

Lol, crazy how many German luxury sedans they would picture on renderings. That's not exactly patriotic from a US city.
Otherwise, the former looks really attractive.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2016, 1:15 AM

Tweets are coming out from the NFL meeting the Rams are coming to LA and the inglewood stadium is where it's at. The charger have the option to move in with them. We get a brand new stadium for our future olympics

Old Posted Jan 13, 2016, 1:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughfb3 View Post
Tweets are coming out from the NFL meeting the Rams are coming to LA and the inglewood stadium is where it's at. The charger have the option to move in with them. We get a brand new stadium for our future olympics
Yep. Rams are confirmed to return to Los Angeles. I wonder how this affect the Inglewood area especially considering the stadium is only used ~20 times a year.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2016, 1:54 AM

Does this mean the Carson Plan is dead? Please let it be so.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2016, 1:58 AM
REAL Kiwi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
Lol, crazy how many German luxury sedans they would picture on renderings. That's not exactly patriotic from a US city.
West LA is exotic car central. Mercedes/BMW/Audi's are standard fare.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2016, 2:02 AM
Paramoderator

Quote:
Maybe not patriotic, but very accurate. Hell, my family has two german luxury sedans, as you'd say. I see more luxury cars here than any other city I've been to.

Regardless, is there any proof these two designs are happening besides architectural renderings? It's not uncommon for architects to post renderings of projects that have either been cancelled, or that are going ahead with a different architect. I think it's a little premature to act as though these buildings are going to happen, or are even being planed to be constructed.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2016, 2:08 AM
BANNED

Welcome back NFL.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2016, 2:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kill 'em View Post
From what I've read, the Carson plan is dead. However, it's likely that the Chargers may join the Rams in Inglewood since the Raiders have declined to pursue relocation. Since the Carson plan was a joint effort of the Raiders and Chargers, the Inglewood stadium is the only option for the Chargers.

Quote:
NFL owners in Houston voted 30-2 to ratify the Rams' relocation application for an immediate move to L.A., where the team will eventually begin play at owner Stan Kroenke's proposed stadium site in Inglewood in 2019. It's a seismic decision that returns the highest level of professional football to the country's second-largest media market after a 21-year absence.

The Rams could be joined by the Chargers, who have a one-year option to decide if they want to to relocate and join the Rams in Inglewood. The window creates the possibility -- however slight -- that the Chargers could remain in San Diego. The city is hosting a June vote for $350 million in public funding toward a new facility to replace Qualcomm Stadium. It is possible the Chargers put off a final decision until that vote takes place.

The Raiders -- the third team that had L.A. aspirations -- withdrew their application for relocation on Tuesday and will work with the league toward a stadium solution, most likely in Oakland. If the Chargers do not exercise their option to move to Los Angeles, the Raiders will have a one-year option to join the Rams in Inglewood.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said during a Tuesday night news conference that the league will provide $100 million to both the Chargers and Raiders if they remain in their current home markets.

Last edited by Wally West; Jan 13, 2016 at 2:40 AM.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2016, 2:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally West View Post
Yep. Rams are confirmed to return to Los Angeles. I wonder how this affect the Inglewood area especially considering the stadium is only used ~20 times a year.
Stadiums tend to be used more than that like somebody else stated before. If it were downtown it would be used a whole lot more but since its way in Inglewood, we can expect concerts and other sporting events done here since as of right now they are pushed to the rose bowl and staples center, Event organizers love the staples center but from what I heard its a headache holding events at the rose bowl other than college football.

Quote:
Most Americans don't drive American Cars. Most car people I know don't even like modern American Cars, only classics.

BANNED

Yeah, no way 3 teams get approval to move to LA. My bet is the Chargers end up sharing Inglewood.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2016, 2:17 AM

Quote:
Yup thank god. That was a bad idea to begin with. No rail service for miles away, at the interchange where 3 major freeways combine, The use of some lengthy tax breaks and other perks. That plan was dead before it even got to the drawing boards. Glad the NFL didn't back that plan.

Now I just wish they would force the Chargers to stay in San Diego and work out some form of deal, which looks to be their plan. Glad the Raiders aren't coming back. They should move to San Antonio or take over in St. Louis.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2016, 2:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCarl View Post
Yeah, no way 3 teams get approval to move to LA. My bet is the Chargers end up sharing Inglewood.
I wish the NFL would force the Chargers to stay in San Diego and work out some form of deal, which looks to be their plan. Glad the Raiders aren't coming back. They should move to San Antonio or take over in St. Louis. No way in hell was LA ever getting 3 teams and I still don't think the LA market can handle 2. Chargers need to stay down south.

Last edited by caligrad; Jan 13, 2016 at 3:12 AM.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2016, 2:42 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrad View Post
Now I just wish they would force the Chargers to stay in San Diego and work out some form of deal, which looks to be their plan. Glad the Raiders aren't coming back. They should move to San Antonio or take over in St. Louis.
I'd prefer the Chargers stay in SD (so much history), but I really, really hate seeing cities shell out money for sports subsidies.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2016, 2:44 AM

Chargers will stay in San Diego. It's like the 7th largest city in the country or so. It would be unwise to leave.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2016, 3:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCarl View Post
I'd prefer the Chargers stay in SD (so much history), but I really, really hate seeing cities shell out money for sports subsidies.
Exactly, The Chargers need to stay in San Diego. Sadly, this is the NFLs way of forcing San Diego to build a stadium by giving the Chargers the "Option" of moving to LA within the next 3 years. It wont happen. But in a panic, the city of San Diego will cave in.

Sadly, I foresee the citizens of San Diego receiving a huge bill for a brand new stadium. San Diego offered to build one downtown if I remember correctly, not sure why the Chargers passed that deal up.

Quote:
Chargers will stay in San Diego. It's like the 7th largest city in the country or so. It would be unwise to leave.
Yup. The NFL is money hungry, they aren't entirely stupid. San Diego is a large Media market and the NFL wont let that mistake happen again. The only reason why the NFL is allowing the Rams to leave St. Louis for LA is because they know the cash flow for their organization is going to increase dramatically, not to mention the super bowls that will be held here.

But. in the long run.... You better believe that the Raiders will pick up and leave Oakland. They are "giving" them a portion of a loan for a stadium. The Raiders will end up in St. Louis or San Antonio so that everyone is happy. 2 cities willing to somewhat help pay for a stadium. The rams just wanted to leave St. louis because they know LA is a hot market right now.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2016, 3:10 AM

Video Link

Have we all seen this?

Last edited by King Kill 'em; Jan 13, 2016 at 4:54 AM.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2016, 3:14 AM

Interesting vid. A lot of it is true sadly.

Last edited by caligrad; Jan 13, 2016 at 6:09 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations