HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

66 Rockwell Place in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jun 22, 2012, 11:56 PM
aka Studdedleather

It's coming along nicely. It's supposed to be completed by June 2013 so by the late Fall/Winter maybe it'll be topped out?

I really hope they leave the red brick!

Old Posted Jun 23, 2012, 8:48 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

^ Assuming you have 1 floor per week, which is a reasonable assumption given that some of those weeks will be faster summer weeks, and some slower winter weeks, we're looking at at least 35 weeks before it tops out, so not before year's end.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Jul 12, 2012, 6:41 AM

Ricky P can you post another pic? This must have jumped at least 5 floors by now.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2012, 7:35 PM
aka Studdedleather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike570 View Post
Ricky P can you post another pic? This must have jumped at least 5 floors by now.
I was just down there the other day and while it didn't jump 5 stories if you look at this picture Ricky P took. . .

It's now taller than the building on the left. It's rising quickly!

Old Posted Aug 13, 2012, 7:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRebel View Post
I was just down there the other day and while it didn't jump 5 stories if you look at this picture Ricky P took. . .

It's now taller than the building on the left. It's rising quickly!

This is where the construction on the Flatbush side has halted, and looking at the renderings it seems it may not go any higher in this spot. Most of the work is being done on the backside - but with the security and high fencing, it's very tough to get a picture from over there.. This is a view down Ashland from the corner of Livingston/Flatbush and you can see the crane doing work on that side:

Hopefully I can get some better pictures soon..

Old Posted Aug 13, 2012, 7:51 PM

Just went up to the 6th floor to try and get some current pictures:

No real variety here, but you can see the crane doing some work.. Looks like there might be some of the external shell put up, but hard to tell from where I was. I'm going to make sure I get out there tomorrow at lunch and walk around. I haven't been that way in a while but I'm curious to see what it looks like. Should have some good pics for you guys tomorrow..

Old Posted Aug 14, 2012, 8:12 PM
aka Studdedleather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky P View Post

This is where the construction on the Flatbush side has halted, and looking at the renderings it seems it may not go any higher in this spot. Most of the work is being done on the backside - but with the security and high fencing, it's very tough to get a picture from over there.. This is a view down Ashland from the corner of Livingston/Flatbush and you can see the crane doing work on that side:

Hopefully I can get some better pictures soon..
You're right, from the renderings this side is pretty much complete.
I also wanted to share this picture from brownstoner. It's an aerial view which shows the backside rising quickly too.

Link

This was taking a couple of weeks ago. I wonder if final renderings were released? I really hope they stick with the red brick as opposed to the glass/shiny look.

Also thanks for your captures with this project! In the winter time you're going to have to bundle up and have access to a roof nearby! Lol jk.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRebel View Post
This was taking a couple of weeks ago. I wonder if final renderings were released? I really hope they stick with the red brick as opposed to the glass/shiny look.

Also thanks for your captures with this project! In the winter time you're going to have to bundle up and have access to a roof nearby! Lol jk.
Haha, no problem! And those are some great shots, better than I can provide that's for sure! I took a walk over there yesterday during lunch and had no idea how much progress they've made on that side! Last time I was over there, there was barely a ground floor..

As I took some pics of it yesterday, a construction worker who was on his way to lunch looked at me and said "Yeah, there gonna be some expensive apartments in that mothaf*^ker too!" Haha - I cracked up, but it also dampened my mood, because my hope is to get one of these apartments when all is said and done.. We'll see!

Old Posted Aug 15, 2012, 12:43 PM

This is taken from in front of the BAM Theater looking right at the corner of Rockwell and Fulton.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2012, 7:20 PM

Any updates on this one, guys?

Old Posted Sep 8, 2012, 12:37 AM
aka Studdedleather

NEW UPDATE - - - September 7th 2012. All Photo's taken by me (sorry if they suck!)

Tremendous growth since last update. The other side, I believe has indeed topped out like we thought before. . . So I didn't capture anything from that side because it's still the same (height wise). Enjoy.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2012, 7:08 AM

Thanks for the pics, they definitely don't suck, keep em coming. Barclay's Center finishing up and this thing rising, things changing fast around there.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2012, 6:37 PM

Nice.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2012, 12:05 PM

Great pics Rebel! Yeah the Barclays Center looks just about done, things definitely coming along in the last two years around this area. Now we just need some nice local bars along Flatbush to get some life into this area, it's pretty dead around here.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2012, 1:42 AM

I think more bars and restaurants will come up along Flatbush Avenue as people start going to Nets' games.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2012, 6:49 AM
Everywhere all at once

Flatbush Avenue is going to be such an epic canyon in a few years, especially with all the angled streets. I always felt that the Broadway canyon in Manhattan was unique because it doesn't follow the grid system, and the towers flanking it demonstrate that. This will be in the same caliber.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2012, 7:20 PM
aka Studdedleather

From Brownstoner. . . This thing is really moving FAST!

Quote:
The development at 29 Flatbush Avenue in downtown Brooklyn has grown so tall we had a hard time fitting the entire building in the camera frame. The Dermot project will reach 47 stores and someday hold 327 rental units.
http://www.brownstoner.com/blog/2012...e/?stream=true

Old Posted Oct 7, 2012, 1:01 PM
New Yorker for life

I love that these towers are going up in Brooklyn. There are 3 taller towers already in the construction or pre-construction phases nearby, so in a couple of years the Brooklyn skyline will change a lot more than it already has.

http://www.besenretail.com/29-flatbu...ts-country.htm

http://www.besenretail.com/29-flatbu...ts-country.htm

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2012, 8:25 PM

As long as the economy doesn't implode again, the BK skyline will continue growing very quickly. It will actually be semi-imposing by 2020, and I would guess it will have added up to 10 new 500 foot+ buildings by then. There will be a slew of 300-500' filler towers as well, especially as the Williamsburg and Greenpoint waterfronts are built up. The Domino and Lumberyard projects alone will be enormous.

I'll hold out hope for CityPoint, but even if it's 700 feet tall it won't dominate the DoBro skyline. It will take something in the 800'+ range, which we will hopefully see soon.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2012, 11:12 PM

Yeah, we haven't got a live thread for it here, but 3 northside piers is finally u/c.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive