HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Tour Phare in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Puteaux (Paris) Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Dec 5, 2006, 2:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMich
There is no way they are going to build this schematic design. I would put money down that they are going to make it much more convention before they get to construction. Personally, I'm not a fan of architecture that tries too hard, and this looks like one of those pretentious designs. I'm not a fan of unconventional designs for the sake of unconventionality. An amorphus blob does not a good structure make.
very well said, totally agree

this thing is somewhere between trying to hard (unconventional for the sake of it) and not trying hard enough (its a very lazy design, give me a piece of paper a pencil and 20sec i could design something just like it)

It makes me feel sad for the poor structural engineers who have to dedicate months and years of their lives to actually making this monstrosity work, and at the end of the day get paid considerably less than the architect who sketched it out before breakfast.

"Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics.. even if you win your still a retard"

(spot the deliberate mistake)

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive