HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast

Old Posted Jan 4, 2017, 10:32 PM

Can someone remind me what the Sky Bridge is? I don't recall seeing anything about it.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2017, 3:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp7123 View Post
Can someone remind me what the Sky Bridge is? I don't recall seeing anything about it.
It was on the local news channels in Summer 2016.
You may try this link to see the Sky Bridge info details:

http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/in...t_the_sky.html

Old Posted Jan 5, 2017, 2:00 PM

Obviously this will continue to be updated, but this is the most recent MidCity picture I've seen.

The amphitheater they used looks pretty similar to the new Ascend Amphitheater in Nashville, which would be very nice for Huntsville. Of course this picture basically shows it on the site of the movie theater, so this won't work if the movie theater is indeed staying.

EDIT: Just saw this picture which shows the movie theater north of the amphitheater.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2017, 2:39 PM

Stand Up Live comedy club and dinner theater to open 01/19

Stand Up Live grand opening will be Thursday January 19th. The job fair will be from Tuesday January 3rd through Saturday January 7th, from 11 AM to 6 PM, and those interested in a job can apply on location.

Stand Up Live Huntsville
2012 Memorial Pkwy SW
Huntsville, AL 35801
huntsville.standuplive.com
(480) 719-6100

Old Posted Jan 5, 2017, 3:08 PM

Absolutely awesome. The waterfront looks especially appealing. Hope this development starts on time goes smoother than at the CityCenter location.

Last edited by DP1; Jan 5, 2017 at 10:28 PM.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2017, 4:20 PM
Constant Vigilance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennhioland View Post
Obviously this will continue to be updated, but this is the most recent MidCity picture I've seen.
I'm curious about the road going over the lagoon/lake towards Research Park. Is that more of a service road to go around the lake and back around the Amphitheatre or has there been discussion - that I may have missed - about adding an off-ramp from Research Park directly into the development, or is it just an artistic rendering that isn't even a part of the final layout, since it isn't shown in the second diagram?

Last edited by thunder89; Jan 5, 2017 at 4:31 PM.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2017, 9:11 PM

The rendering and overall plan look great! I really wish the theatre and development could work something out to at least move into the development. Currently the theatre will sit right in the middle of the park.

I think there have been talks of on off ramp directly into the development. I just don't see how there is room for it. I could see the road bridging over Research Park connecting to the large undeveloped farm. (its only a matter of time before it becomes developed) This will help with lunch traffic from Cummings.

I still believe they are trying hard to get Top Golf into this development. The section labeled Destination/Entertainment Use seems to be a perfect fit for it. I don't think this is a coincidence.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2017, 1:46 AM
America's Mars Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallty View Post
The rendering and overall plan look great! I really wish the theatre and development could work something out to at least move into the development. Currently the theatre will sit right in the middle of the park.

I think there have been talks of on off ramp directly into the development. I just don't see how there is room for it. I could see the road bridging over Research Park connecting to the large undeveloped farm. (its only a matter of time before it becomes developed) This will help with lunch traffic from Cummings.

I still believe they are trying hard to get Top Golf into this development. The section labeled Destination/Entertainment Use seems to be a perfect fit for it. I don't think this is a coincidence.
there will be a study to expand Research Park to six lanes this year. I believe the Bradford rd exit will be extended to University and Mid City

Old Posted Jan 8, 2017, 11:26 PM

Quote:

Is this a picture of the Nashville amphitheater? Surely it's not what's planned for MidCity.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2017, 7:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Is this a picture of the Nashville amphitheater? Surely it's not what's planned for MidCity.
Yes, that is a picture of the Nashville amphitheater. The MidCity rendering just looks very similar and reminded me of it.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2017, 10:12 PM
America's Mars Rocket

Wahlburgers plans downtown restaurant.
Paul Wahlberg - the brother of movie star Mark Wahlberg - started the restaurant chain in the Boston suburb of Hingham and will be part of City Centre which held groundbreaking today. It will be located in the new AC Hotel.
Photo from al.com

Old Posted Jan 12, 2017, 12:36 PM

Last edited by Tennhioland; Jan 12, 2017 at 1:13 PM.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2017, 2:15 PM

TopGolf is very exciting news! Specially considering we are the smallest metro they will be in. The ability to consistently pull projects that are considered "out of range" for our metro bodes very well.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2017, 2:49 AM

Quote:
Yes, that really is good news. I wasn't really expecting it after they decided to build one in Birmingham. It will probably ensure the success of the Mid City development.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2017, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVTiger View Post
there will be a study to expand Research Park to six lanes this year. I believe the Bradford rd exit will be extended to University and Mid City
What will they actually be studying? I'm sure it will take another 15 years like University/72, and every other road project.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2017, 3:23 AM
America's Mars Rocket

In the Home Goods/Best Buy center on University the stand alone building by Office Depot has/will be divided into 3 additional spaces. One of those the center one I believe will be a FootAction store (owned by Foot Locker)

Old Posted Jan 17, 2017, 3:32 PM

Really excited for you guys to get TopGolf. That will certainly attract fans from all around north Alabama and southern parts of Tennessee.

Huntsville continues to boom.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2017, 6:31 PM

And now a new bowling alley, arcade, laser tag venue near MidCity.

http://www.waaytv.com/appnews/develo...efa445745.html

http://www.starsandstrikes.com/

Old Posted Jan 17, 2017, 7:02 PM
Cat Enthusiast

Geez. That looks like it could be a mini Dave and Busters. I notice that they have quite a few of the same games in the arcade. Looks like another good attraction for out of towners. I could easily see people for counties away coming to town just to spend the day along the Research Park Blvd corridor.

SSP Alabama Universities: Alabama - UAB - Alabama State

Old Posted Jan 20, 2017, 1:41 AM
America's Mars Rocket

Downtown restaurant set to open soon

Keegan's Public House will open before St. Patrick's Day on 200 Westside Square, Suite 60. It will be Keegan's first location outside of the Atlanta area, where it has four restaurants.
The restaurant, will seat more than 200, feature an outdoor patio and include a full-service bar with Irish and local craft beer.
The pub-style restaurant will overlook Big Spring International Park

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast