HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects

View Poll Results: Which Plan Would You Stick With?
Current WTC Plan (No Need for a Twin) 7 100.00%
Option 1 0 0%
Option 2 0 0%
Option 3 0 0%
Option 4 0 0%
Option 5 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old Posted May 10, 2010, 5:25 PM

Cool NEW YORK | A Second One World Trade Center? || 1,360FT | | 201x Vision |

Keep Dreaming...
Chances of a second One World Trade Center is far from reality. However, in spite of recuperating from the loss of the Twin Towers on 9/11, always keeps one thing in mind. There is 'always' a possibility. Towers 2 and 3 are on hold...so is Tower 5 at the current WTC construction site. What does this mean?

The economy is improving. The current WTC construction site will house some of the greatest office space of all time (upon completion). However due to budget constraints and lack of interest in purchasing office space, companies could "only" re-seek moving to downtown if the Twin Towers shine the NYC skyline again.

I am not endorsing anybody especially Gardner for his Twin Towers II plan. However, if people want Twins they can they always have hope and think from various perspectives as pictured below. Enjoy! (Note: These are not official designs. The RED BOXES DENOTE POSSIBLE PLACEMENT OF A 2ND 1WTC a.k.a. FREEDOM TOWER).

[uncredited images removed]

Which plan would you opt for? Vote and discuss below. Thanks for keeping this thread alive (in advance).
I have made this thread out of curiosity. Wondering what other user's opinions are. =)

Last edited by theWatusi; May 13, 2010 at 4:28 PM. Reason: uncredited images

Old Posted May 11, 2010, 4:08 PM
The Vomit Bag.

"Rebuild the Twins!"

-Pleasantville NY resident.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted May 11, 2010, 5:30 PM
don't *meddle*...

i'm absolutely for the current plan. if they build another 400m+ supertall in this city, then well, build it somewhere else! there are enough places i can think of, like MSG, penn, west side,...

Old Posted May 11, 2010, 10:12 PM

Either build the current plan, or build twins only on the original footprints.

Old Posted May 12, 2010, 8:19 AM

The Red Boxes highlighted above are possible places where developers can seek to build another "Freedom Tower." It will require a lot of excavation though. =p

Old Posted May 13, 2010, 3:27 PM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

I have a feeling that Tower 5 will be rebuilt so far into the future that whoever develops it will maximize one of the last remaining sites for large office construction in lower manhattan with a tower that's significantly larger than the current plan for tower 5. However, I doubt a second Freedom Tower will be built there or anywhere else on the site.

Old Posted May 13, 2010, 4:27 PM
Resident Jackass

There's already a thread for this:
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=172731

BTW, please read the forum's image posting guidelines.

End

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects