HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Politics

Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 10:21 PM

I walked past the art gallery about an hour ago. There were tons of city workers cleaning up and putting down new mulch. I bet by now they have removed all traces of the squatters.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2011, 1:02 AM

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Occ...759/story.html

What I hope they keep doing is let them move somewhere else. Then put in a no trespassing/court injuction to make them leave the following day until they have no place to go...
May take a while to solve the problem, but eventually they'll have no where to go.
Childish game, but this isn't a protest anymore, it's retards squatting on public property.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2011, 1:34 AM

Could not say it better myself, these people are now squatters, not protesters.

While I do feel our homeless and mental health and social programs do need to be improved, I feel most of these people are simply lazy oppertunists who only use `protests`as a cover to drift from area to area.

The 99% was suppose to represent the average hard working man and woman who are not getting their fair share of salary and hourly pay, while the exacutive and CEO 1% continue to have lavish bonuses and skyrocketing salaries relative to the average worker and corporate profits.

I will say that again, the average WORKER.

What we have in Vancouver now (not at the start of the protest) are the average leaches who simply want their life paid for with as little sacrifice for themselves. The funny thing is for those truly willing to better themselves there are social programs and housing available (i know this since some of my relatives have had to use such services in the past), the catch is such facilities and features often come with rules, which these bums are dead set against.

What disgusts me the most about them is they actually drain social service money away from those who do need it! (families working on low incomes, the mentally ill, the physically challenged, and those who do stray down the wrong path but then give sincere efforts to better themselves). Shame on them!

Old Posted Nov 23, 2011, 2:13 AM

As usual, the Occunest disrupted downtown traffic, with no action from Mayor Dithers, this afternoon as they made their way to Skytrain. On the bright side, they're now squatting in Grandview Park, right in the heart of Vision supporter central.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2011, 2:35 AM
Go Rotem! Die Bombardier!

These Occupy Vancouver types are just plain hypocritical and moronic! Why occupy Grandview Park when they should have occupied another park such as Arbutus Park or Montgomery Park where they can truly confront the so called 1%! By setting themselves up in relatively safe territory, its simply enabling them to do what they really want to do which is to squat.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2011, 2:53 AM

Apparently they've already been ordered off the land and are now headed for a third location: Grandview Park.

http://www.cknw.com/Channels/Reg/New...spx?ID=1576138

Old Posted Nov 23, 2011, 3:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queetz@home View Post
These Occupy Vancouver types are just plain hypocritical and moronic! Why occupy Grandview Park when they should have occupied another park such as Arbutus Park or Montgomery Park where they can truly confront the so called 1%! By setting themselves up in relatively safe territory, its simply enabling them to do what they really want to do which is to squat.
Douglas Park would be a far better choice.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Politics