HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Nov 30, 2014, 7:21 AM
heavy user of walkability

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
By today the street was put back together and they *were* working on the sidewalk that you can see in that shot.

Also, no pics, but today I noticed they had finally taken down the poles and power lines on the south side of 16th.

And the roadbed on the north side of the public safety building (Mission Rock St) had been partially poured in its new alignment, and sidewalk lighting installed along Third in front of the building. Looks like they are in the home stretch there
photos to accompany the comment above...

the sidewalk work on the north side of 16th:

the absence of poles on the south side of 16th:

and the realigned roadway (Mission Rock St) on the north side of the public safety building. the telephone poles angling off to the left in the distance indicate the old alignment:

Old Posted Nov 30, 2014, 7:42 AM

other shots from today's walk...

the walkway between blocks 13E (Mercy Housing) and 13W ('Azure'), looking north. ground-floor apartments at least on 13E open onto the walkway:

looking west down Long Bridge St, Azure on the right, Arden in the distance on the right, MB360 on the left in the distance, playground parcel P6 more immediate left:

something I didn't realize was that the playground behind block 5 was being built. not sure if you can barely make out some of the play structures in this shot:

a random shot of Fourth St. none of the commercial spaces has been occupied yet, besides the one under Strata:

All is Well Bell Plaza as seen from the sidewalk on Third:

the new additions to the skyline visible from the Bayfront park that will abut the new Warriors Arena:

work on the new sidewalk and widened Mariposa on the south side of the hospital:

there is some sort of activity on the site of what will be a little park along Mariposa - hope this means they're putting it in already:

Rutter Center shots:

last and also least favorite, Kaiser:

Last edited by timbad; Nov 30, 2014 at 11:12 PM.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2014, 8:15 AM

Great as always, timbad!

I hope that park on Mariposa is under construction - the last plans I saw looked great.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2014, 5:49 AM

wait, wait, here is the flair we have all been waiting for

woo.

hoo.

more info.

Quote:
... slated to be approved next year and the ground broken in the spring of 2016. The first occupancy of the development will likely occur in early 2018.

Last edited by timbad; Dec 2, 2014 at 6:09 AM.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2014, 7:36 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
wait, wait, here is the flair we have all been waiting for

woo.

hoo.
Maybe the flair is actually in your least favorite Kaiser building after all timbad!

Old Posted Dec 5, 2014, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCowboy View Post
UCSF getting another big steel sculpture for Mission Bay. Haven't seen where it will be installed though.

http://blog.sfgate.com/artsandnot/20...-home-at-ucsf/
Quoting myself here, but UCSF just sent out a notice to neighbors indicating the sculpture will be installed atop the Koret Quad hill along Fourth Street in the heart of campus. Foundation work begins next week and the installation should be complete in early January.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2014, 8:41 AM

Quote:
Quoting myself here, but UCSF just sent out a notice to neighbors indicating the sculpture will be installed atop the Koret Quad hill along Fourth Street in the heart of campus. Foundation work begins next week and the installation should be complete in early January.
aha, should look good there

Old Posted Dec 8, 2014, 12:43 AM

from yesterday, this is what the future Family House site on Third looks like...

on a nice clear day, here is the view from Rutter Center, east to west

but the big news is that the fences on the west side of Fourth are mostly down, allowing access into the new streets and closer looks at much of the ongoing construction (since I think MB 360 block 11 has opened for showings).

so here we go, looking west down Mission Bay Blvd South from Fourth, with block 11 in the distance:

the view north from MB Blvd South, capturing much of the current building activity, with Arden, Azure and MB 360 block 5, plus (not really visible in the middle of it all) the new playground on parcel P6:

looking north from the corner of MB Blvd S and Merrimac St, which splits two segments of the future Commons in the foreground:

looking back south on Merrimac:

the new playground, looking NE from the corner of China Basin and Merrimac

looking north across the playground from China Basin St, block 5 on the right, Azure in the distance

closer shot of the balconies on the Long Bridge side of Azure

two views of the Commons-facing south side of block 11:

looking SW down Long Bridge street between block 11 and Arden:

a bit further toward the western end of Long Bridge, looking at the stoops of block 11:

looking back the other way (toward NE):

the western end of block 11, where Long Bridge curves to meet MB Blvd at 90 degrees. looking north past block 11 to Arden (on the ground are balconies waiting to be installed):

looking east up China Basin St from about where it intersects with Long Bridge:

looking NE at the intersection the previous photo was taken from:

couple looks at the playground

Last edited by timbad; Dec 8, 2014 at 2:35 AM.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2014, 12:21 AM

Hi Timbad,

Thanks for posting that fun photo of our construction! We're so excited to finally be underway!

FH

Quote:
from yesterday, this is what the future Family House site on Third looks like...

Old Posted Dec 9, 2014, 8:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyHouse View Post
Hi Timbad,

Thanks for posting that fun photo of our construction! We're so excited to finally be underway!

FH
and it's a welcome sight to have another piece of the neighborhood mosaic being placed

Old Posted Dec 17, 2014, 4:54 PM

Missed this from last week, but there are now more complete renderings of Block 40, bounded by 16th, future Owens, and 280. Project is now called The Exchange at 16th.

http://sf.curbed.com/archives/2014/1...ce_complex.php

Old Posted Dec 18, 2014, 3:21 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Epic Shots:

Credit: Arden by Bosa/Facebook ; https://www.facebook.com/ArdenbyBosa

Old Posted Dec 21, 2014, 6:25 AM

Quote:
they're workin on it!

Old Posted Dec 21, 2014, 6:41 AM

odds and ends...

Mariposa has been repaved where the widening was done, but they still have work to do at either end of the stretch between Owens and Third. on the Third St end, there is still a peninsula of old sidewalk that contains the traffic light:

looking back east from Owens. the red plastic post thingys pretty much mark what used to be the sidewalk curb edge:

they've mostly poured the sidewalk on the north side of 16th between Third and Fourth. at the Third St end, it is a good foot or more above the former sidewalk level:

looking east from Fourth:

couple shots of block 11 (MB 360), since it is looking a bit more complete... the corner of Merrimac and China Basin:

and along Merrimac (which I think is the block's best side):

from Rutter Center:

Old Posted Jan 10, 2015, 6:23 AM

this is across the street from MB proper, but will throw it in here... socketsite reports on the future 100 Hooper Innovation Campus

sample rendering:

aerial:

from another socketsite article:

Quote:
... As proposed, the new campus would include 285,000 square feet of office space, around 135,000 square feet of space for Production, Distribution and Repair (PDR), and a series of outdoor courtyards.

The paperwork for the building permits has already been filed. And if the $60 million development is approved, the 100 Hooper Street campus should be online in 2018. Ground-floor restaurant and retail spaces, and parking for around 100 cars, are part of the plans as well...
the site is currently mostly a storage rental facility.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2015, 6:58 AM

EQR Potrero

meanwhile, a couple doors down from the Innovation Campus site, EQR Potrero continues to rise. these were taken through dirty windows of a moving Caltrain, looking west-southwest across Seventh St, and north to south:

Old Posted Jan 11, 2015, 8:20 AM

Quote:
they were installing this today:

it's not as tall as I imagined it; it will barely be visible above the trees from Fourth St (as in this shot). probably best appreciated from the west, from the Quad itself

Old Posted Jan 11, 2015, 10:05 PM

random shots from yesterday...

the standard, from Rutter Center. looks like Arden is topped off:

Owens St between 16th and Mariposa is taking shape. looking south from 16th:

maybe for the first time ever, there are sidewalks along the south side of 16th between Owens and Third. looking east from approximately Owens:

16th itself is torn up again, near Third. occurs to me that one thing they may have done in this round is remove a set of partially-paved-over rails that ran diagonally across the roadway, and could still be glimpsed a couple months ago. another 'end' of Old Mission Bay if so. looking east on 16th:

I think this is an image (source) of the spot from around 1980 when the yard was in its final throes:

here's another peek at the playground on P6, a bit more complete:

and closer at some of the surface detail emerging on the south (Long Bridge St) side of Azure. I like the black brick texture

as work wraps up on Mercy Housing block 13E, here a sidewalk-level shot of the corner of Fourth and Channel:

edit: no photo, but they were definitely working on the little park along the north side of Mariposa next to the hospital. to me it's a somewhat strange site for a park, mostly surrounded by the medical center complex and now separated from Dogpatch a bit more with the widening of Mariposa, but I agree that the plans for it look quite nice.

Last edited by timbad; Jan 11, 2015 at 10:18 PM.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2015, 3:44 PM

I thought the new section of Owens would be further along. Hospital opens in three weeks, and Owens is supposed to be a major access to it considering Fourth doesn't go through. I'm sure people can still get to the garage from the lot entries off of the Fourth St. entries, but does it look like Owens will be done in time for the opening? Especially considering some rejiggering needed at intersection with Mariposa/280.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2015, 7:27 AM

Quote:
I thought the new section of Owens would be further along. ... does it look like Owens will be done in time for the opening? Especially considering some rejiggering needed at intersection with Mariposa/280.
just from having watched numerous other new roads come into existence over the past few years, I think the roadbed can be poured and the pavement done pretty quickly, probably in time for the opening if they want to. but, the last I looked, there was still just a big pile of dirt at the southern (Mariposa) end, and little had been done on the intersection with Mariposa, so my conjecture is that they may open up the 16th St end first, and provide garage access that way temporarily? we'll see

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development