HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 6:31 PM
-

ZONING DOCKET 033/17 – Request by BROTHERS ST. ROSE, LLC for conditional uses to permit a gas station with the retail sale of packaged alcoholic beverages in an HU-MU Historic Urban Neighborhood Mixed-Use District, an HUC Historic Urban Corridor Use Restriction Overlay District, and an EC Enhancement Corridor Design Overlay District, on Square 428/428A, Lots 1 through 4 and part of Lot 5 or Lots 1, 2, and 23, in the Third Municipal District, bounded by Saint Claude Avenue, Andry Street, Marais Street, and Flood Street. The municipal address is 5401 SAINT CLAUDE AVENUE. (PD 8) (CB

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 6:41 PM
-

3101 Tulane Ave·Design Review

· Project #DR002-17 ·Ref Code: G4AY1U

Download (12)
Print Summary
Add to Watch List
Typeesign ReviewApplicant:Vln Developers LLCStatus:Applicant NotifiedDate Filed:1/17/2017Closed:NoDescription

Applicant seeks a DR for a mixed-use structure over 40,000 sf,

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 6:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
3101 Tulane Ave·Design Review

· Project #DR002-17 ·Ref Code: G4AY1U

Download (12)
Print Summary
Add to Watch List
Typeesign ReviewApplicant:Vln Developers LLCStatus:Applicant NotifiedDate Filed:1/17/2017Closed:NoDescription

Applicant seeks a DR for a mixed-use structure over 40,000 sf,

What are our thoughts on this design? Is that brick? I can't really tell? Is it mixed-use? Just commercial? I live two minute walking distance from here, so I am really really interested.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 7:03 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by socigradstudent View Post
What are our thoughts on this design? Is that brick? I can't really tell? Is it mixed-use? Just commercial? I live two minute walking distance from here, so I am really really interested.
Looks like a brick facade. Commercial on the bottom and apartments on second floos. Seems like a decent rehab to me and will fit in well ... so a definite improvement if you ask me. Especially considering its current state.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 7:06 PM
-

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 7:58 PM

Always nice to see things being redeveloped on Tulane Ave, but it is disappointing that it's mostly 2 story buildings being proposed. The zoning along most of the street allows for 5 floors and that could probably be pushed upward if necessary. Height limits were mentioned earlier, but a lot of the projects on Tulane don't come close to the limit.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 8:26 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
Always nice to see things being redeveloped on Tulane Ave, but it is disappointing that it's mostly 2 story buildings being proposed. The zoning along most of the street allows for 5 floors and that could probably be pushed upward if necessary. Height limits were mentioned earlier, but a lot of the projects on Tulane don't come close to the limit.
two of them do actually hit the height limit. One aggravation for these projects and their height is actually unit density. Often these buildings are having to get waivers for the unit lot size ratio which seems to me to be too low for many of these buildings.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 4:50 AM

Looks like the British Airways flight is already a success on it's first day of service. The airline is increasing frequency to 5x weekly beginning in October.

http://www.nola.com/business/index.s...incart_gallery

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 1:51 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlidellWx View Post
Looks like the British Airways flight is already a success on it's first day of service. The airline is increasing frequency to 5x weekly beginning in October.

http://www.nola.com/business/index.s...incart_gallery
That's great news !

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 4:47 PM

Quote:
That's great news !
I was at launch yesterday, very interesting developments coming soon to the airport. I wouldn't be surprised (based on what I heard in discussion yesterday) to have another major European destination announced within the next year. Especially if this one does as well as it appears to be doing.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 5:16 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolafan View Post
I was at launch yesterday, very interesting developments coming soon to the airport. I wouldn't be surprised (based on what I heard in discussion yesterday) to have another major European destination announced within the next year. Especially if this one does as well as it appears to be doing.
What is coming soon development wise ? Also I really want wow air and a flight to Iceland !

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 6:06 PM

Quote:
What is coming soon development wise ? Also I really want wow air and a flight to Iceland !
There's still talk of Norwegian coming, especially if and when Viking begins its river cruises. There's also a question of will Delta expand, possibly including a flight to its Paris or Amsterdam hubs, in order to defend its frequent flier base here.

I thought Icelandair might have potential, but the reality is that Iceland is completely overrun with tourists with all of these new flights and the airport isn't able to keep up. Paris or Amsterdam would certainly be better for local businesses.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 6:53 PM

Quote:
There's still talk of Norwegian coming, especially if and when Viking begins its river cruises. There's also a question of will Delta expand, possibly including a flight to its Paris or Amsterdam hubs, in order to defend its frequent flier base here.

I thought Icelandair might have potential, but the reality is that Iceland is completely overrun with tourists with all of these new flights and the airport isn't able to keep up. Paris or Amsterdam would certainly be better for local businesses.
I'm pretty sure BA ended Norwegian looking at this market. Only one carrier can make it here. Having said that, there's two other markets that are not currently serviced from MSY. I have also heard of a Delta expansion to expand it's footprint here.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 7:05 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolafan View Post
I'm pretty sure BA ended Norwegian looking at this market. Only one carrier can make it here. Having said that, there's two other markets that are not currently serviced from MSY. I have also heard of a Delta expansion to expand it's footprint here.
Ok so its pure conjecture on your part. Also what two markets are you referring to?

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 7:07 PM
-

Quote:

WOW Air is purely for my desire to have a nonstop to Iceland, but from a business perspective the other flights are better of course. However, no reason we cant have both. WOW Air has added some flights direct this year from places like Tampa and Portland so its def a possibility at some point, more so than Icelandair.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 7:35 PM

Not to go full on aviation geek here, but Norwegian initially was heavily focused on service London-Gatwick to the US, in addition to their tradition Scandinavian hubs. Since then, they've also started flying to the US from Paris and Barcelona, with plans to do the same from Rome and Amsterdam. These are the kind of markets that they could fill once or twice weekly with leisure passengers, without being in direct competition with BA, who is mostly after the premium London passenger.

That being said it probably won't happen until the new terminal opens in two years. That's why it would behoove Delta (or partners AirFrance/KLM) to start something before then. They recently started Raleigh to Paris, competing against their London flight, for example. Remember AirFrance did bring some officials in before the London flight was announced, so we're probably on the shortlist for that. Paris or Amsterdam are much better hubs for connections to secondary European cities, Middle East, and Africa, given Heathrow's traffic and slot situation.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 7:43 PM
-

Quote:
Not to go full on aviation geek here, but Norwegian initially was heavily focused on service London-Gatwick to the US, in addition to their tradition Scandinavian hubs. Since then, they've also started flying to the US from Paris and Barcelona, with plans to do the same from Rome and Amsterdam. These are the kind of markets that they could fill once or twice weekly with leisure passengers, without being in direct competition with BA, who is mostly after the premium London passenger.

That being said it probably won't happen until the new terminal opens in two years. That's why it would behoove Delta (or partners AirFrance/KLM) to start something before then. They recently started Raleigh to Paris, competing against their London flight, for example. Remember AirFrance did bring some officials in before the London flight was announced, so we're probably on the shortlist for that. Paris or Amsterdam are much better hubs for connections to secondary European cities, Middle East, and Africa, given Heathrow's traffic and slot situation.
Makes sense but Norwegians aggressive pricing seems to be a standout for the leisure traveler. But yeah I def would see a flight to paris or amsterdam before another london area one

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 8:07 PM
-

Homewood Suites Debuts French Quarter Location

http://canalstreetbeat.com/homewood-...rter-location/

djsnola
2223 Carondelet St·Demolition ·Ref Code: PTYZ88
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Demolition
Applicant:
Sam Solomon
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
3/27/2017
Closed:
No
Description
HDLC - We propose demolishing a 5,000sf slab from a previous building.

Villages of Versailles is taking shape in New Orleans East! This new development has 50 new buildings with 400 multi-family housing units.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 8:12 PM
-

Bratz Ya’ll Throws Open its Doors in the Bywater

http://nola.eater.com/2017/3/27/1507...l-open-bywater

Old Horinoya Space (920 Poydras)

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 8:15 PM
-

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations