HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Mar 5, 2015, 4:30 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Great. Just what the neighbourhood needs. We don't have enough pizza places. Only Pizza Delight, Greco, Pizza Twins, Pizza Shack, Pizza Gods (opening soon next to the Igloo) & possibly Freddie's… If you stand at Elmwood and Morton, you can pretty much see them all!
Close to the university hence the need for a panoply of pizza places.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2015, 5:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Close to the university hence the need for a panoply of pizza places.
If anything, I would think a Little Caesars would work better in that mini-mall. I quick "pickup and go" pizza stop. IMO, the sit down/takeout restaurants are already saturated as is. I never see cars at the new Pizza Shack. I guess we shall see.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2015, 5:55 PM

I agree a a Little Caesars would be better

Old Posted Mar 31, 2015, 1:34 PM

Pizza God Opens Today
300 Elmwood Drive

The pizzeria’s decor leans towards a Mediterranean theme, with soft lighting, warm colours and a fireplace in the centre of the restaurant.

Their menu includes the staple of pizzerias, pizzas of course, including classic pies and gourmet pizzas. They also serve salads, calzones, Lebanese Greek and Italian favourites, donairs, drinks including fresh fruit cocktails and a range of appetizers such as fried pickle spears and jalapeño poppers.

From Today's Times & Transcript

Old Posted Apr 21, 2015, 10:08 AM

When I was coming in the office today I noticed that the Pizza Shack on Morton has been re-branded to Morton's Pub. I just hope its as successful as the older location.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2015, 12:01 PM

I tried Pizza God the other day. It was very good. There were at least 10 people in their small dining room as well. Looks like they are off to a good start. I believe (not positive) this is the guy who used have a similar restaurant right next to the SMT bus station on Main St., near Reads.

Re Morton Pub, I hear through the grapevine they are making every effort to replicate the formerly very successful pub that was there, right down to the same menu. I hope so. Their food was good, their service was great and their beer was cold. That's a recipe for success for me and I wish them the best.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2015, 12:36 PM

I believe the Morton pub is back the hands of the guy who originally built it. I remember he was originally going to call it Pubsicles but the Popsicle Corp. didn't like the idea.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 3:24 PM

Morton Pub opened at 11 a.m. (with a new menu.)
I remember the Pubsickles debacle. One thing about that for certain - you couldn't buy publicity like that!

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'homard View Post
Morton Pub opened at 11 a.m. (with a new menu.)
I remember the Pubsickles debacle. One thing about that for certain - you couldn't buy publicity like that!
Any indication of any Specialty (i.e. Steak/Wing) Nights?

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 7:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Any indication of any Specialty (i.e. Steak/Wing) Nights?
Sorry, I was just driving by and didn't take note.

Old Posted May 6, 2015, 12:14 PM

Site prep has started for the new fire hall on Caledonia rd

Old Posted May 22, 2015, 1:19 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Site preparation work has begun for the new relocated Ecole Champlain in the Grove Hamlet subdivision.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2015, 12:20 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patapouf26 View Post
I'm unsure if this development has ever been talked about, but it is news to me.

Shannex (shannex.com) is considering the construction, in Moncton, of a residential development complex comprising of one appartment building for ageing people whom are autonomous and residences that offer levels 1, 2 and 3 health services. If l'Université de Moncton conclude an agreement with this business, the complex would be located on campus, near the J.-Raymond-Frenette Building (the medical centre on the opposite side of Morton avenue).

If people on the board are interested, the advisory commitee is currently looking for people's point of view on the project. You can have your voice heard with this survey (in french only).

Something to watch for I suppose. If there is one thing we can certainly bank on, it's the ageing of our population. So, we can certainly be hopefull for this development.
I've moved this post from the [Moncton] Downtown thread as it now appears there might be some traction to this rumour.

There is a request for variance before the June meeting of the Moncton PAC from Shannex on behalf of U de M to allow more than one building on a lot.

The below screen capture shows exactly where the land in question is located:

The land is on the north side of Morton directly across from the Moncton Stadium.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2015, 3:52 AM

Whats going on with the development near the TCH on Elmwood and do we know when work will officially begin on that spot?

Old Posted Jun 5, 2015, 11:01 AM

Drove by there last night and wondered the same thing. There is no activity on that site whatsoever that I can see, and I go by there often. Very curious about it.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2015, 11:21 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

I'm pretty sure that there isn't going to be much work done on this development this year. If I recall, construction will be delayed until major roadwork on Elmwood just north of the TCH is completed (widening and improved signalization).

There might be some site prep work, but major construction won't happen until 2016.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2015, 1:46 PM

Quote:

I'm pretty sure that there isn't going to be much work done on this development this year. If I recall, construction will be delayed until major roadwork on Elmwood just north of the TCH is completed (widening and improved signalization).

There might be some site prep work, but major construction won't happen until 2016.

They seem to be doing some land clearing but the site is still listed as for sale on Colliers Internationals web site... Not to certain what is going to come of this.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2015, 12:52 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Moncton Planning Neighbourhood of the Future

Below is a picture I snapped from the newspaper today depicting an artists conception of what a new neighbourhood behind the existing Grove Hamlet subdivision off of the Shediac Road would look like:

You can see that the northern boundary of the neighbourhood would be Humphrey Brook, and that the existing trail and parkland along the brook would be maintained. You can also see where the relocated Ecole Champlain is going to be built. In addition, you can see the plans for a neighbourhood collector road to intersect Harrisville Blvd (in the top right corner of the image). All the little ponds next to the Humphrey Brook Park are designed for storm water retention.

The plans have been formulated by Trace Planning & Design of Moncton. This land will be developed, and this should be a desirable neighbourhood, especially with the relocated Ecole Champlain. Apparently there are only a handful of land owners who own the land in question. Since there are so few people involved, this increases the likelihood that this proposed master plan might be close to what actually comes to fruition.

BTW - note the roundabout on the Shediac Road leading into the proposed neighbourhood.

One final postscript - This is the area of town the new Moncton High School should have been built, not out on the wildest frontier of the city adjacent to the Kent County line.......

Last edited by MonctonRad; Jun 13, 2015 at 12:17 PM.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2015, 12:16 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs33 View Post
Site prep has started for the new fire hall on Caledonia rd
T&T states the fire station will open in March 2016

Old Posted Jun 13, 2015, 2:19 PM

Quote:
Moncton Planning Neighbourhood of the Future

Below is a picture I snapped from the newspaper today depicting an artists conception of what a new neighbourhood behind the existing Grove Hamlet subdivision off of the Shediac Road would look like:

You can see that the northern boundary of the neighbourhood would be Humphrey Brook, and that the existing trail and parkland along the brook would be maintained. You can also see where the relocated Ecole Champlain is going to be built. In addition, you can see the plans for a neighbourhood collector road to intersect Harrisville Blvd (in the top right corner of the image). All the little ponds next to the Humphrey Brook Park are designed for storm water retention.

The plans have been formulated by Trace Planning & Design of Moncton. This land will be developed, and this should be a desirable neighbourhood, especially with the relocated Ecole Champlain. Apparently there are only a handful of land owners who own the land in question. Since there are so few people involved, this increases the likelihood that this proposed master plan might be close to what actually comes to fruition.

BTW - note the roundabout on the Shediac Road leading into the proposed neighbourhood.

One final postscript - This is the area of town the new Moncton High School should have been built, not out on the wildest frontier of the city adjacent to the Kent County line.......
So what makes this The Neighbourhood of the Future? From what I can see it's just a normal subdivision next to some parks.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces