HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #3861  
Old Posted Dec 22, 2017, 12:37 PM
Tacheguy Tacheguy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 589
a couple things I have noticed...baby boomers are still moving to the west coast from the prairies and quite a large number of immigrants come to Manitoba first and then head to Toronto and, to a much lesser extent, Vancouver. as long as our population continues to grow and our job creation numbers are good I don't worry much about the interprovincial stuff. I like modest, sustainable growth.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3862  
Old Posted Dec 24, 2017, 2:17 AM
LilZebra's Avatar
LilZebra LilZebra is offline
Spiritual
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Vital, Man.
Posts: 2,104


This list does not imply that all are listening at any one time, but instead how many have selected a station or stations as "Favourites" on TuneIn.com as at December 23, 2017.

Last edited by LilZebra; Dec 24, 2017 at 11:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3863  
Old Posted Dec 24, 2017, 11:28 PM
LilZebra's Avatar
LilZebra LilZebra is offline
Spiritual
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Vital, Man.
Posts: 2,104
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3864  
Old Posted Dec 25, 2017, 6:55 AM
rrskylar's Avatar
rrskylar rrskylar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: WINNIPEG
Posts: 5,435
Merry Christmas to you to LilZebra and to the rest of the guys here!
__________________
I'm sober enough to know what I'm doing, and drunk enough to really enjoy it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3865  
Old Posted Dec 27, 2017, 3:04 PM
wardlow's Avatar
wardlow wardlow is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilZebra View Post


This list does not imply that all are listening at any one time, but instead how many have selected a station or stations as "Favourites" on TuneIn.com as at December 23, 2017.
The thing I love about the list is that it appears that Unicity never happened, and Fort Garry, St. James, St. Boniface, and Winnipeg are still separate cities.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3866  
Old Posted Dec 31, 2017, 11:07 PM
rrskylar's Avatar
rrskylar rrskylar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: WINNIPEG
Posts: 5,435
Happy New Years boys, drink safe!~
__________________
I'm sober enough to know what I'm doing, and drunk enough to really enjoy it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3867  
Old Posted Yesterday, 2:41 PM
optimusREIM optimusREIM is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 662
This article talks about redeveloping mall parking lots to mixed use towers. Interesting idea that could help shopping centres that are struggling here. Would also help put the urban back into suburban.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/business...ment-1.4480936
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3868  
Old Posted Yesterday, 11:47 PM
WildCake WildCake is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusREIM View Post
This article talks about redeveloping mall parking lots to mixed use towers. Interesting idea that could help shopping centres that are struggling here. Would also help put the urban back into suburban.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/business...ment-1.4480936
I read that today and it got me thinking. Are there any malls in Winnipeg that could use a boost like that? I would have said the Fort Richmond plaza a few years ago but it seems like they're back up and running. Maybe across the street?

My guess is Garden City or area where there seems to be quite a bit of empty stores that could benefit from using up their land for residential
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3869  
Old Posted Today, 12:45 AM
optimusREIM optimusREIM is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCake View Post
I read that today and it got me thinking. Are there any malls in Winnipeg that could use a boost like that? I would have said the Fort Richmond plaza a few years ago but it seems like they're back up and running. Maybe across the street?

My guess is Garden City or area where there seems to be quite a bit of empty stores that could benefit from using up their land for residential
I'd even like to see that happen at places like st vital and polo park at some point.

Also that could happen at portage place. The pad sites haven't yet been developed. It would definitely give the mall a shot in the arm if they could pull that off.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3870  
Old Posted Today, 2:17 AM
WpG_GuY's Avatar
WpG_GuY WpG_GuY is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 1,308
^ Eliminate the food court, replace it with a sit down restaurant or the base of a new tower
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:45 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.