HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1061  
Old Posted Nov 29, 2017, 3:25 PM
sask1982's Avatar
sask1982 sask1982 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 890
Thumbs up Open Street Map

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Regina_Boy View Post
Argyle exists now... still no Bypass showing up
Discovered this map while looking at the Creeks subdivision website. It's right up to date.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=12/50.4484/-104.6383
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1062  
Old Posted Nov 29, 2017, 5:19 PM
pappcam pappcam is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Regina
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedub1170 View Post
...and there's a Co-op going up on the corner of Argyle and Rochdale
A Co-op what? Grocery store? Gas station?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1063  
Old Posted Nov 29, 2017, 5:41 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
A Co-op what? Grocery store? Gas station?
Gas bar, car wash, C-store
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1064  
Old Posted Nov 29, 2017, 5:42 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Regina_Boy View Post
Argyle exists now... still no Bypass showing up
Wow it was not there a few days ago. Maybe Google reads SSP!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1065  
Old Posted Nov 29, 2017, 5:44 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by sask1982 View Post
Discovered this map while looking at the Creeks subdivision website. It's right up to date.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=12/50.4484/-104.6383
Wow that's awesome. They even have all the future interchanges shown as U/C.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1066  
Old Posted Nov 29, 2017, 7:15 PM
djforsberg's Avatar
djforsberg djforsberg is online now
Saskatchewan pride
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Regina, SK
Posts: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by sask1982 View Post
Discovered this map while looking at the Creeks subdivision website. It's right up to date.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=12/50.4484/-104.6383
Where has this site been all of my life? Thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1067  
Old Posted Jan 8, 2018, 8:10 PM
brithgob brithgob is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 827
Google Maps has now been updated to include the open portion of the bypass. But it has not been coloured yellow to indicate a highway, or even given a name.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1068  
Old Posted Jan 8, 2018, 8:55 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by brithgob View Post
Google Maps has now been updated to include the open portion of the bypass. But it has not been coloured yellow to indicate a highway, or even given a name.
I still do not understand the right hand turn off the Bypass on to Arcola NW bound. It seems horribly inefficient and unsafe based on my layman's assessment.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1069  
Old Posted Jan 9, 2018, 6:53 PM
North_Regina_Boy North_Regina_Boy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Regina, SK (formerly Saskatoon)
Posts: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I still do not understand the right hand turn off the Bypass on to Arcola NW bound. It seems horribly inefficient and unsafe based on my layman's assessment.
Fairly certain this is the case due to the future service road retail development to happen on the realignment of tower road. I saw a map (look at the PDF maps) that showed another intersection (eye roll) between Chuka Blvd and the Bypass.

See PDF: https://www.regina.ca/opencms/export...ukacreekcp.pdf

Also a prediction to be made. The following west side work to be done and open by end of October 2018:

4-Lane to Rotary Ave (Into Hub) from TCH to Rotary
Rotary Ave overpass complete to allow truck movement direct to bypass south.
Dewdney Ave Bridge over bypass and rail line
Hill ave overpass complete
Realignment of pinky and hill ave complete
Highway 6 Bridge South open to North South Traffic
EB to NB ramp at TCH and West bypass open to traffic

Last edited by North_Regina_Boy; Jan 9, 2018 at 7:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1070  
Old Posted Jan 9, 2018, 7:42 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Regina_Boy View Post
Fairly certain this is the case due to the future service road retail development to happen on the realignment of tower road. I saw a map (look at the PDF maps) that showed another intersection (eye roll) between Chuka Blvd and the Bypass.

See PDF: https://www.regina.ca/opencms/export...ukacreekcp.pdf

Also a prediction to be made. The following west side work to be done and open by end of October 2018:

4-Lane to Rotary Ave (Into Hub) from TCH to Rotary
Rotary Ave overpass complete to allow truck movement direct to bypass south.
Dewdney Ave Bridge over bypass and rail line
Hill ave overpass complete
Realignment of pinky and hill ave complete
Highway 6 Bridge South open to North South Traffic
EB to NB ramp at TCH and West bypass open to traffic
I see . Anaquod (Tower) will reconnect to Arcola. There still seems to be room for a bit of a merge lane.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1071  
Old Posted Jan 9, 2018, 7:58 PM
North_Regina_Boy North_Regina_Boy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Regina, SK (formerly Saskatoon)
Posts: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I see . Anaquod (Tower) will reconnect to Arcola. There still seems to be room for a bit of a merge lane.
I would think that it will be up to the City design engineers to make the plans for that access. I find it odd sometimes what is in and out of the contract. However sometimes better to wait than spend money twice.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1072  
Old Posted Feb 22, 2018, 6:46 PM
North_Regina_Boy North_Regina_Boy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Regina, SK (formerly Saskatoon)
Posts: 1,466
Pilot Butte Overpass to be fully operational nearly 6 months ahead of schedule! I expect that there will be finishing touches to be done but operation will commence according to the group in near weeks.

Also progress on the south and west parts appear to be ahead of where they are expected to be.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1073  
Old Posted Feb 22, 2018, 6:49 PM
Dengler Avenue's Avatar
Dengler Avenue Dengler Avenue is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Richmond, BC/Richmond Hill, ON (for now)
Posts: 1,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Regina_Boy View Post
Pilot Butte Overpass to be fully operational nearly 6 months ahead of schedule! I expect that there will be finishing touches to be done but operation will commence according to the group in near weeks.

Also progress on the south and west parts appear to be ahead of where they are expected to be.
I wish constructions everywhere else in Canada would be like that too.
You guys finished twinning Highway 16 east of Saskatoon a year ahead of schedule too. How did you guys do that??
__________________
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/forumdisplay.php?f=254

Sometimes I really wonder what SSP-ers in the Ottawa-Gatineau forum think when they see my avatar (profile picture). It must be very misleading.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1074  
Old Posted Feb 22, 2018, 6:58 PM
North_Regina_Boy North_Regina_Boy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Regina, SK (formerly Saskatoon)
Posts: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengler Avenue View Post
I wish constructions everywhere else in Canada would be like that too.
You guys finished twinning Highway 16 east of Saskatoon a year ahead of schedule too. How did you guys do that??
We use to have weather delays. Now that it seems to never rain in Sask anymore it is FAR easier to build stuff...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1075  
Old Posted Feb 22, 2018, 7:14 PM
Dengler Avenue's Avatar
Dengler Avenue Dengler Avenue is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Richmond, BC/Richmond Hill, ON (for now)
Posts: 1,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Regina_Boy View Post
We use to have weather delays. Now that it seems to never rain in Sask anymore it is FAR easier to build stuff...
Uh oh I don't think that's a good sign, climatically speaking.
__________________
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/forumdisplay.php?f=254

Sometimes I really wonder what SSP-ers in the Ottawa-Gatineau forum think when they see my avatar (profile picture). It must be very misleading.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1076  
Old Posted Feb 22, 2018, 7:40 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,149
I sure hope this works out. It seems like a devilishly simple way to make an interchange more efficient and for less money and less land.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1077  
Old Posted Feb 22, 2018, 7:57 PM
Dengler Avenue's Avatar
Dengler Avenue Dengler Avenue is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Richmond, BC/Richmond Hill, ON (for now)
Posts: 1,507
The left lanes in the top-left and bottom-right corners are merging straight into traffic going at 110 kph and that's absolutely horrifying.
Other than that and the problem that people need to get used to it, though, it looks good.
__________________
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/forumdisplay.php?f=254

Sometimes I really wonder what SSP-ers in the Ottawa-Gatineau forum think when they see my avatar (profile picture). It must be very misleading.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1078  
Old Posted Feb 22, 2018, 8:01 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengler Avenue View Post
The left lanes in the top-left and bottom-right corners are merging straight into traffic going at 110 kph and that's absolutely horrifying.
Other than that and the problem that people need to get used to it, though, it looks good.
I think the graphic is incorrect. The 3rd right-hand lane on TCH will not be a through lane under the underpass. I believe it will be right had turns before the underpass and merging only after.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1079  
Old Posted Feb 22, 2018, 8:31 PM
North_Regina_Boy North_Regina_Boy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Regina, SK (formerly Saskatoon)
Posts: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I think the graphic is incorrect. The 3rd right-hand lane on TCH will not be a through lane under the underpass. I believe it will be right had turns before the underpass and merging only after.
Indeed both those location merge to one lane before getting to the highway. Then at least going west have a dedicated acceleration lane. I was very surprised however that going east the Great Plains and pilot Butte merge lane ends and starts again.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1080  
Old Posted Feb 23, 2018, 1:16 AM
TannerF TannerF is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Regina_Boy View Post
Pilot Butte Overpass to be fully operational nearly 6 months ahead of schedule! I expect that there will be finishing touches to be done but operation will commence according to the group in near weeks.

Also progress on the south and west parts appear to be ahead of where they are expected to be.
I would expect the bypass to be open to #6 South by this upcoming fall. The first bridge seems complete other than they seemed to run out of warm weather to pave the actual bridge itself. The second bridge should easily be done by fall and they have gravel stock piled to do a lot of paving in the area once weather allows them to.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:08 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.