HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #581  
Old Posted Jan 8, 2018, 11:53 PM
BrutallyDishonest2 BrutallyDishonest2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 941
Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
The Press Box may be the next to go. Their rent is being increased and the current owners are strongly considering selling or even moving to the old Famoso location on Rochdale. I honestly don’t see either happening.
It has nothing to do with their rent going up. They just aren't making money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brithgob View Post
Famoso on Rochdale closed already?
Yes.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #582  
Old Posted Jan 9, 2018, 2:19 PM
Dan0myte Dan0myte is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy View Post
PressBox is currently listed for sale. I am surprised how long that place has been open. It's been moldy and smelly in there since they first opened, and the location is terrible.
Convert it back into a Swiss Chalet!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #583  
Old Posted Jan 9, 2018, 6:28 PM
djforsberg's Avatar
djforsberg djforsberg is offline
Saskatchewan pride
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Regina, SK
Posts: 1,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 View Post
It has nothing to do with their rent going up. They just aren't making money.
My source was someone close to the business but you are probably right. Some people just don't want to admit that they have failed and try to pull a Trump by blaming something/someone else.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #584  
Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 1:36 AM
KellySeamus KellySeamus is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5
Trying to recall one of the first Thai restaurants I ever went to in the mid 80s. It was on the west side of Broad Street between 7th and 8th Ave. And wasn't there a computer store in that same mall that sold Apple products (Apple IIe, III and early Macs)?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #585  
Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 10:23 PM
Dan0myte Dan0myte is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellySeamus View Post
Trying to recall one of the first Thai restaurants I ever went to in the mid 80s. It was on the west side of Broad Street between 7th and 8th Ave. And wasn't there a computer store in that same mall that sold Apple products (Apple IIe, III and early Macs)?
Da Lat By Nite.

It burnt down about 10 years ago and took the whole mall with it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #586  
Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 2:45 AM
brithgob brithgob is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan0myte View Post
Da Lat By Nite.

It burnt down about 10 years ago and took the whole mall with it.
That was Vietnamese, no?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #587  
Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 6:03 AM
KellySeamus KellySeamus is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by brithgob View Post
That was Vietnamese, no?
I think you're right but the name Da Lat by Nite doesn't ring a bell so I wonder if that with a new owner but same cuisine. Do you recall if there a computer store in that same mall?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #588  
Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 2:25 PM
Dan0myte Dan0myte is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellySeamus View Post
I think you're right but the name Da Lat by Nite doesn't ring a bell so I wonder if that with a new owner but same cuisine. Do you recall if there a computer store in that same mall?
I think it was called something before it was called Da Lat but I can't remember that far back.

The computer store? Yeah I used to go there to buy Windows 3.1 based games. I forget what it was called... Computex or Innotex or some 1980's type computer store name.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #589  
Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 5:54 PM
TerranceB TerranceB is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan0myte View Post
I think it was called something before it was called Da Lat but I can't remember that far back.

The computer store? Yeah I used to go there to buy Windows 3.1 based games. I forget what it was called... Computex or Innotex or some 1980's type computer store name.
Prairie Micro Works
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #590  
Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 9:34 PM
Dan0myte Dan0myte is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerranceB View Post
Prairie Micro Works
lol, I was way off.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #591  
Old Posted Jan 13, 2018, 1:57 AM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,788
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #592  
Old Posted Jan 13, 2018, 2:06 AM
BrutallyDishonest2 BrutallyDishonest2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I actually remember driving by the night it was on fire before the firefighters showed up. We called 911 but it was reported by then.

I also remember the rumours swirling about the cause of the fire.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #593  
Old Posted Yesterday, 11:30 AM
yveseluj yveseluj is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Regina
Posts: 55
Chopped Leaf is now open in Harbour Landing.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:14 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.