HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Dec 21, 2017, 9:57 PM

Escape Rooms seem to popular in Winnipeg. I was surprised when doing a google search on them to find there are 10 in Winnipeg. They seem to be booked solid too..at least the ones I checked online were.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2017, 2:55 PM
Think about Winnipeg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
agreed was there once didnt think much of the place seemed half ass put together
Almost every such outdoor entertainment/amusement place around here seems absolutely half-assed. I'm not expecting Disney quality here, but honestly, so much of what there is looks like home-brew stuff built by some guy who learned by watching Youtube videos.

I'm guessing it's a climate thing given that our months-long deep freeze means that your costs are the same as anyone else's but you're effectively only bringing in money for maybe 5 months of the year.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2017, 8:36 PM

I heard a rumour that Loveday is currently working with the City to find suitable land for a new factory. Apparently they agree that the current setup is not ideal for other people in the area and they don't want to be seen as a burden, but they need to find an option that makes good business sense first and foremost.

With Central Grain now gone, if Loveday were to relocate, there could be some massive positive transformations to that area if executed right.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2018, 9:01 PM
Think about Winnipeg.

I was driving by P&M the other night and from what I could tell, it looked like the Scotiabank offices were either vacant or in the process of being vacated... does anyone know what's going on in there? I thought Scotia was staying put even though they're taking up space at TNS.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2018, 2:10 PM
What could go wrong?

Renovations I think.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Jan 4, 2018, 8:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I was driving by P&M the other night and from what I could tell, it looked like the Scotiabank offices were either vacant or in the process of being vacated... does anyone know what's going on in there? I thought Scotia was staying put even though they're taking up space at TNS.
Scotia is keeping some people there for sure, but not all of the space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
Renovations I think.
The new owner is putting his own company in as well, which should account for the higher floors in the future. The building needs renovations throughout, regardless.

Either way, TNS isn't done yet so Scotia hasn't (?) relocated yet... have they?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan