HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #81  
Old Posted Jan 5, 2016, 9:23 PM
SkydivePilot SkydivePilot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: REGINA
Posts: 2,246
I agree with Crisis. The speed limit should be reduced to, say, 80 km/hr between 'toon and Warman, just like it is between Regina and Balgonie.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #82  
Old Posted Jan 5, 2016, 9:34 PM
Crisis's Avatar
Crisis Crisis is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 666
^^^^ Whoa now, let's not get carried away here. The problem is pretty much limited to the Waneskewin intersection and even there, speed isn't really the main contributing factor. While I do think a lower speed limit in that location would be prudent, the remainder of the Warman - Saskatoon stretch is safe at 110 km/h.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #83  
Old Posted Mar 1, 2016, 4:01 PM
Brutopian Brutopian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 772
Keeping interchanges on track vital for safety: Paulsen

By Phil Tank, Saskatoon StarPhoenix

February 29, 2016


Saskatoon city council rarely makes “life-and-death” decisions, but moving forward on two new east-side interchanges qualifies as an exception, a veteran councillor says.

Coun. Tiffany Paulsen voted with the rest of councillors present at Monday’s council meeting to support a plan to start moving ahead with the two new interchanges, even though $29 million in federal and provincial money is not yet approved.

The interchanges are slated to be built at Boychuk Drive and Highway 16 in the city’s southeast corner and at College Drive and McOrmond Drive near the city’s eastern edge.

[........]

Read more:
http://thestarphoenix.com/news/local...safety-paulsen
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #84  
Old Posted Mar 5, 2016, 1:45 AM
hunter12 hunter12 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 64
College Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutopian View Post
Keeping interchanges on track vital for safety: Paulsen

By Phil Tank, Saskatoon StarPhoenix

February 29, 2016


Saskatoon city council rarely makes “life-and-death” decisions, but moving forward on two new east-side interchanges qualifies as an exception, a veteran councillor says.

Coun. Tiffany Paulsen voted with the rest of councillors present at Monday’s council meeting to support a plan to start moving ahead with the two new interchanges, even though $29 million in federal and provincial money is not yet approved.

The interchanges are slated to be built at Boychuk Drive and Highway 16 in the city’s southeast corner and at College Drive and McOrmond Drive near the city’s eastern edge.

[........]

Read more:
http://thestarphoenix.com/news/local...safety-paulsen
And then the idiots at city hall want to put an intersection and lights between McOrmond and Mckercher and lower the speed limit to 80kph. Build an overpass to improve safety and move traffic and build an intersection to reduce safety. What a bunch of morons. Just another example in the long list of infrastructure screw ups in this city. When will they ever learn. College Drive heading east should be, in fact needs to be, a freeway when the city reaches 500k. It could be such an excellent rapid transit corridor. But lets screw it all up.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #85  
Old Posted Mar 5, 2016, 6:43 PM
The Bess The Bess is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 602
Here's something that could be good if they get everyone together on this

City to examine moving rail lines; report to cost up to $400K
The city of Saskatoon would need to spend $300,000 to $400,000 to determine the total, much larger cost of moving the CN rail lines out of the city centre, according to a new report.

http://thestarphoenix.com/news/local...examine-moving
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #86  
Old Posted Aug 23, 2016, 9:36 PM
Kokkei Mizu's Avatar
Kokkei Mizu Kokkei Mizu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 447
Spadina Crescent:

Video Link
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #87  
Old Posted Aug 31, 2016, 5:49 PM
mitchellk12's Avatar
mitchellk12 mitchellk12 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter12 View Post
And then the idiots at city hall want to put an intersection and lights between McOrmond and Mckercher and lower the speed limit to 80kph. Build an overpass to improve safety and move traffic and build an intersection to reduce safety. What a bunch of morons. Just another example in the long list of infrastructure screw ups in this city. When will they ever learn. College Drive heading east should be, in fact needs to be, a freeway when the city reaches 500k. It could be such an excellent rapid transit corridor. But lets screw it all up.
i agree with you, keep it a freeway. with moving 75-80k people around that area and whoever else is travelling its tight as is without brighton even built yet, id even like a portion of college expand to 3 lanes on both sides, i think circle south shouldve done this along that whole south side by stonebridge. just my take though, speaking of roads...

i took a drive out on valley rd few nights ago, do you guys think that will stay a highway/future freeway/expressway, or be converted to arterial.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #88  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2016, 6:25 PM
Brutopian Brutopian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 772
Stonebridge interchange: $22-million project finished, open to drivers

Saskatoon StarPhoenix
September 30, 2016

Nearly six years after Saskatoon city council granted approval for its construction, a $22-million interchange directly connecting the Stonebridge neighbourhood to Highway 11 is complete.

The interchange connecting Victor Road in the southeast area of Stonebridge to Highway 11 opened Friday, the City of Saskatoon announced. The roadway adds a much needed third exit out of the fast-growing neighbourhood.

[........]

Read more:
http://thestarphoenix.com/news/local...pen-to-drivers
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #89  
Old Posted Nov 29, 2016, 4:08 PM
mitchellk12's Avatar
mitchellk12 mitchellk12 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Posts: 479
so the 2 new interchanges are approved, ready to go for spring 2017. read in the paper that we saved 30 million building these 2 projects. Councillor jeffries noted that with traffic being so bad at #16/boychuck and with that new interchange going, he thinks we should CONSIDER building another one with the 30 mill we saved, to be better prepared

IMO- i agree. id like to see zimmerman and #16 done also sooner than 10+yrs later.

thoughts?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #90  
Old Posted Nov 29, 2016, 4:50 PM
Brutopian Brutopian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellk12 View Post
so the 2 new interchanges are approved, ready to go for spring 2017. read in the paper that we saved 30 million building these 2 projects. Councillor jeffries noted that with traffic being so bad at #16/boychuck and with that new interchange going, he thinks we should CONSIDER building another one with the 30 mill we saved, to be better prepared

IMO- i agree. id like to see zimmerman and #16 done also sooner than 10+yrs later.

thoughts?
It would also make sense to build an overpass/interchange at Idylwyld and Marquis Drive right now -- i.e., before the North Commuter Parkway Bridge opens. I suspect that the Idylwyld/Marquis intersection will see traffic volumes surge once the bridge opens, as Marquis Drive leads directly onto the bridge. In my opinion, this interchange should have been built simultaneously with the bridge to avoid future traffic bottlenecks at that intersection.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #91  
Old Posted Nov 29, 2016, 7:29 PM
Arts Arts is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutopian View Post
It would also make sense to build an overpass/interchange at Idylwyld and Marquis Drive right now -- i.e., before the North Commuter Parkway Bridge opens. I suspect that the Idylwyld/Marquis intersection will see traffic volumes surge once the bridge opens, as Marquis Drive leads directly onto the bridge. In my opinion, this interchange should have been built simultaneously with the bridge to avoid future traffic bottlenecks at that intersection.
Agreed completely! It is going to be a huge bottleneck in all directions.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #92  
Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 3:26 PM
Brutopian Brutopian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 772
Ground broken on Warman and Martensville overpasses

Andrea Hill, Saskatoon StarPhoenix
April 20, 2017


Construction has begun on a pair of overpasses expected to make commuting in and out Saskatchewan’s fastest-growing cities safer.

The $60.6-million project will add overpasses on Highway 11 near Warman and Highway 12 by Martensville. Both are expected to be complete by fall 2019 and lessen traffic congestion in those centres.

At a sod-turning ceremony on Thursday, provincial Highways and Infrastructure Minister Dave Marit told reporters drivers are “probably not going to see much” traffic disruption over the next 18 months as the overpasses take shape. Project manager Andrew Schumacher said no traffic disruptions are planned for Highways 11 or 12 this summer.

[........]

Read more:
http://thestarphoenix.com/news/local...lle-overpasses
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #93  
Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 3:31 PM
Brutopian Brutopian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 772
Bridging to Tomorrow project hits halfway mark

Erin Petrow, Saskatoon StarPhoenix
April 20, 2017

Construction on the North Commuter and Traffic bridges has hit the halfway mark.

Although the new Traffic Bridge is beginning to look as though it’s near completion, Dan Willems, the city of Saskatoon’s special projects manager for major projects and preservation, said quite a bit of work remains, including construction on the final span, which is set to be complete in the next two months.

[........]

Read more:
http://thestarphoenix.com/news/local...s-halfway-mark
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #94  
Old Posted May 16, 2017, 3:33 PM
Brutopian Brutopian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 772
Feedback sought on routes for proposed Saskatoon Freeway

By David Giles, Senior Web Producer, Global News

The Saskatchewan government is looking for feedback on some of the recommended routes for the proposed Saskatoon Freeway.

A new online forum is outlining the rationale for the routes that were selected.

Landowners, project stakeholders and the public are now being asked to provide feedback to the Ministry of Highways and Infrastructure team.

The online forum runs until May 26, 2017.

[........]

Read more:
http://globalnews.ca/news/3451727/go...reeway-routes/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #95  
Old Posted May 16, 2017, 4:37 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutopian View Post
Feedback sought on routes for proposed Saskatoon Freeway

By David Giles, Senior Web Producer, Global News

The Saskatchewan government is looking for feedback on some of the recommended routes for the proposed Saskatoon Freeway.

A new online forum is outlining the rationale for the routes that were selected.

Landowners, project stakeholders and the public are now being asked to provide feedback to the Ministry of Highways and Infrastructure team.

The online forum runs until May 26, 2017.

[........]

Read more:
http://globalnews.ca/news/3451727/go...reeway-routes/
Maybe they can make everyone unhappy just like the Regina Bypass. $2B and scandal racked.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #96  
Old Posted May 16, 2017, 5:38 PM
The Bess The Bess is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 602
I believe that the majority of the freeway in the north, west and east has been approved by everyone involved, the south portion may be a little harder to make everyone happy. That area has not been involved as much in future growth as north of the city has. Could be an interesting negotiating process.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #97  
Old Posted May 19, 2017, 6:14 PM
The Bess The Bess is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 602
Here's what they decided on so far

http://thestarphoenix.com/news/local...katoon-freeway
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #98  
Old Posted May 23, 2017, 10:04 PM
The Bess The Bess is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 602
City looking at closing portions of Spadina west by water treatment plant, maybe that will hasten 17th street upgrade.

http://ckom.com/article/1569130/spad...bate-city-hall
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #99  
Old Posted May 29, 2017, 7:55 PM
Brutopian Brutopian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 772
Tank: Saskatoon Freeway set to bypass scrutiny

By Phil Tank, Saskatoon Star Phoenix
May 29, 2017

The provincial government says it wants input on its preferred route for the proposed Saskatoon Freeway, but it seems fair to question the level of its desire for people’s opinions.

The freeway, once known as the perimeter highway, will likely become the largest and most expensive transportation infrastructure project in Saskatchewan history, surpassing the $1.88-billion Regina Bypass.

Given the size and scope of the project, the selection of a preferred route happened awfully quietly.

[........]

Read more:
http://thestarphoenix.com/opinion/co...ypass-scrutiny
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #100  
Old Posted Jun 1, 2017, 10:09 PM
The Bess The Bess is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 602
Some nice aerial shots of interchanges in Saskatoon

http://www.saskatoonpics.com/Aerial/...es/i-5DGpxGD/A
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:52 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.