HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #41  
Old Posted Sep 2, 2016, 11:37 PM
buzzg buzzg is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,040
They clearly put a lot of value on neighbourhood improvement and are willing to give up some profit for a great project. It's awesome.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #42  
Old Posted Sep 3, 2016, 12:32 AM
Cyro's Avatar
Cyro Cyro is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt18325 View Post
At this point, even if phase two and three are parking lots - huge win.
After the dozens of proposals that were thrown around over the decades, this I will say, even though I try not to use many of the typical Winnipeg euphemisms...

I'm quite happy with what is proposed, I will settle, for what is planned, and won't loose any sleep over it....
__________________
♥ ♥
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #43  
Old Posted Sep 12, 2016, 5:42 PM
ctochico ctochico is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 110
any sky condo owners in this forum?

sasa from barcode architecture is having a information session on the pumphouse for sky condo owners this thursday. would have been nice to go to, but I relocated to Calgary and renting out my condo.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #44  
Old Posted Sep 12, 2016, 5:52 PM
TimeFadesAway TimeFadesAway is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctochico View Post
any sky condo owners in this forum?

sasa from barcode architecture is having a information session on the pumphouse for sky condo owners this thursday. would have been nice to go to, but I relocated to Calgary and renting out my condo.
I'm going.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #45  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 12:57 AM
1ajs's Avatar
1ajs 1ajs is offline
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: lynn lake
Posts: 24,040
striping the roof has begun


interesting learned the roof is made of concreat panels that are in really good shape the grain exchange has simlar panels in its roof
i gues a test section for the skylight cut outs?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #46  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 1:32 AM
Urban recluse Urban recluse is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,921
So so nice to see work being done after years of failed schemes.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #47  
Old Posted Sep 16, 2016, 8:32 PM
Urban recluse Urban recluse is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,921
Apparently the new windows will be espresso colored, which will pop nicely against the light brick.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #48  
Old Posted Sep 16, 2016, 8:39 PM
buzzg buzzg is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,040
^Won't that make it difficult to see in?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #49  
Old Posted Sep 16, 2016, 8:54 PM
Urban recluse Urban recluse is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,921
Lol
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #50  
Old Posted Nov 4, 2016, 8:36 PM
Urban recluse Urban recluse is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,921
What a fu*king joke.

CentreVenture hit with derelict-building order for James Avenue Pumping Station

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...dity-1.3836928
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #51  
Old Posted Nov 4, 2016, 9:03 PM
Portmanteau's Avatar
Portmanteau Portmanteau is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban recluse View Post
What a fu*king joke.

CentreVenture hit with derelict-building order for James Avenue Pumping Station

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...dity-1.3836928

What a joke is right. No wonder we have such trouble attracting innovators.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #52  
Old Posted Nov 4, 2016, 9:11 PM
Ando Ando is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 405
Some bureaucrat just woke up is all.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #53  
Old Posted Nov 8, 2016, 12:14 AM
buzzg buzzg is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,040
So the fact they took some of the boards down is bad, but that giant gravel "park" in front is just fine and dandy?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #54  
Old Posted Nov 8, 2016, 7:11 PM
oftheMoon's Avatar
oftheMoon oftheMoon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: East Exchanger
Posts: 503
Boards are off and the old windows are pulled out all along the south side of the pumphouse today.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #55  
Old Posted Nov 12, 2016, 8:44 PM
Cyro's Avatar
Cyro Cyro is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
So the fact they took some of the boards down is bad, but that giant gravel "park" in front is just fine and dandy?
lol, Agree with ya..
__________________
♥ ♥
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #56  
Old Posted Nov 16, 2016, 4:03 PM
Portmanteau's Avatar
Portmanteau Portmanteau is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 99
Cross-post from Exchange District thread:

Had a chance to go on a tour of the Pump House last night (organized by Residents of Exchange District) and see some additional sketches and a model of the project.

View looking North




View looking South



Couple of relics inside. Tons of photos available of the machinery, so I've chosen to share with you shots of pickle jars and spare parts





Also - if you ever have the chance to follow 1ajs around a heritage building for 30 minutes... I highly recommend you do so. The guy has a staggering knowledge of these buildings.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #57  
Old Posted Nov 16, 2016, 10:38 PM
1ajs's Avatar
1ajs 1ajs is offline
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: lynn lake
Posts: 24,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portmanteau View Post
Cross-post from Exchange District thread:

Had a chance to go on a tour of the Pump House last night (organized by Residents of Exchange District) and see some additional sketches and a model of the project.

View looking North




View looking South



Couple of relics inside. Tons of photos available of the machinery, so I've chosen to share with you shots of pickle jars and spare parts





Also - if you ever have the chance to follow 1ajs around a heritage building for 30 minutes... I highly recommend you do so. The guy has a staggering knowledge of these buildings.
read the freepress archives some really cool bits burried in there

like for instance the fights that went on for 20 yrs at city councle over building this thing and ashdown going in the meadia and slamming the city for not building it causing his store to burn down yet again... he ran for mayor it got built at a shared cost to all the buisnes's along the lines they built. feeding out from it.

did u get a photo of the map?


also garbage disposal was another huge bickering of stupidity in the history of winnipeg and outside cities.... went on for almost 60 yrs........
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #58  
Old Posted Nov 17, 2016, 7:50 PM
Portmanteau's Avatar
Portmanteau Portmanteau is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
read the freepress archives some really cool bits burried in there

like for instance the fights that went on for 20 yrs at city councle over building this thing and ashdown going in the meadia and slamming the city for not building it causing his store to burn down yet again... he ran for mayor it got built at a shared cost to all the buisnes's along the lines they built. feeding out from it.

did u get a photo of the map?


also garbage disposal was another huge bickering of stupidity in the history of winnipeg and outside cities.... went on for almost 60 yrs........
I will check that out!

I didn't get a photo of the map unfortunately. The lights they set up were pointed right at it, and the glare was so bright, I couldn't take a clear photo.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #59  
Old Posted Nov 18, 2016, 9:26 AM
1ajs's Avatar
1ajs 1ajs is offline
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: lynn lake
Posts: 24,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portmanteau View Post
I will check that out!

I didn't get a photo of the map unfortunately. The lights they set up were pointed right at it, and the glare was so bright, I couldn't take a clear photo.
this was tweeted at me tonight
https://twitter.com/justDarylD/statu...64485614456832
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #60  
Old Posted Nov 18, 2016, 10:07 AM
cllew cllew is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,565
I just came across a web site by a photographer called Leif Norman that has pictures form a tour of the pump house on Sept 14/2016.

http://www.leifnorman.net/james-aven...-sept-14-2016/

Looking at his pictures it must have been something to see when the pumps were all running for a fire
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:15 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.