HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 6, 2017, 1:49 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
^ Same here. It's funny how windows gradually grow larger by upper floors in option 2.

It might seem harsh to people by lower floors, but this design is actually good so no one walking by in the street can see too much of their interiors (privacy is something precious), whereas upper floors are those to enjoy the most natural daylight.

Very smart design, it seems to me.
I keep going back and forth between option 2 and 3. but the nuance of window size change makes two very unique. guess we will see what hdlc likes

btw even though its a fad that basically skipped new orleans altogether, im glad to see the all glass building is on its way out. never liked those buildings personally since they seem very cold and bland, but also in a place like NOLA require too much cleaning and the reflections can be brutal too depending on light angle. I just find a mix of glass and other materials to make for a much more interesting building! anyway thats my 2 cents

Old Posted Jul 7, 2017, 10:04 PM
-

BTW new documents are showing up on one stop for the virgin hotel .. not the full plans yet but other engineering stuff from june 2017 so this should be permitting any day now

Old Posted Jul 7, 2017, 10:38 PM

Great to see the Virgin hotel moving forward, especially with Virgin America starting flights to San Francisco this fall (not that there's any connection between them).

Any updates on 1031 Canal? I hope the city is at least collecting some sort of fee for the sidewalks and parking being blocked. I wouldn't mind it if they were actually building something, but now it's just an eyesore. It's seems like the city should have some sort of recourse for squatting on such a prominent lot.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2017, 6:45 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
Great to see the Virgin hotel moving forward, especially with Virgin America starting flights to San Francisco this fall (not that there's any connection between them).

Any updates on 1031 Canal? I hope the city is at least collecting some sort of fee for the sidewalks and parking being blocked. I wouldn't mind it if they were actually building something, but now it's just an eyesore. It's seems like the city should have some sort of recourse for squatting on such a prominent lot.
If the sidewalk is closed they def are still paying fees for that

Old Posted Jul 8, 2017, 8:16 PM
-

went to NOPSI last night:

Old Posted Jul 8, 2017, 11:09 PM

Beautiful building and beautiful downtown setting. Really impressive.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2017, 7:55 PM
-

6054 Hayne Blvd·New Construction ·Ref Code: PKRX2H
Download (3) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Byron Stewart
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
7/7/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Institutional Building Type: Group 1-4 (Day-Care); Number of Children Over 2-½ years of age: 86; number of children 2-½ years of age or less; 37:

300 Poydras St·HDLC COA ·Ref Code: H70HND
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
Barbin Graham
Permit Case Created
Date Filed:
7/3/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Install “Swizzle Stick Bar” sign on corner of building.

djsnola
700 Baronne St·Dumpster/Construction Zone · Permit #17-22193-RCZD ·Ref Code: P8U3UU
Download (4) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Dumpster/Construction Zone
Applicant:
Eddie Barnes
Permit Issued
Date Filed:
6/26/2017
Closed:
No
Description
This permit allows for the closure of the sidewalk only for construction work being to 700 Baronne St.

djsnola

745 Baronne St·Occupational Business License ·Ref Code: MKBJYF
Download (1) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Occupational Business License
Applicant:
Mia Bella Beauty Lounge
Application Review
Date Filed:
7/6/2017
Closed:
No
Address:
745 Baronne St

djsnola
616 Baronne St·Dumpster/Construction Zone ·Ref Code: G65PEU
Download (2) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Dumpster/Construction Zone
Applicant:
Michall Group, LLC
Application Review
Date Filed:
7/5/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Create a construction zone for 180 days, 07/05/2017 to 01/03/2018 for the renovation at 616 Baronne St related permit 16-32551- Demi & 17-23123- RCDZ.

1415 Tulane Ave·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: Z4AZTF
Type:
Renovation (Non-Structural)
Applicant:
Martin Johnson
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
7/10/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Create three new suites (3.2, 3.2A, and 3.4) by installing four new cross corridor doors and utilizing existing smoke resistive corridor walls and smoke barriers to enclose the new suite.

djsnola
1000-1008 Magazine St·Stormwater Management · Project #SW037-17 ·Ref Code: 4HCK3S
Type:
Stormwater Management
Applicant:
Leon Evans
Completeness Review
Date Filed:
7/6/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Stormwater management plan for construction of hotel and conference center

djsnola
1601 Lafitte Ave·Stormwater Management · Project #SW038-17 ·Ref Code: ZF1C0Z
Download (8) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Stormwater Management
Applicant:
Valentino Investments
Completeness Review
Date Filed:
7/5/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Storm water plan for development on site of one acre or more.

djsnola
526 Bourbon St·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: ZQRPM8
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Applicant:
Bob Ellis
Application Review
Date Filed:
7/9/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Minor Repairs in response to VCC Notice of Violation dated February 21, 2017, case no.: 17-01406-DBNVCC. The following repair work specifically references the following violations: 1. CCNO 166-121 Brick: Sections of brick in need of repair and repointing 2. CCNO 166-121 Chimneys: Chimneys in need of repair and repointing 3. CCNO 166-121 Balconies/Galleries: Balcony fascia and underside in need of paint. All of the decorative string lighting installed on the balcony railing will be removed. 4. CCNO 166-121 Shutters: First floor shutters in need of paint. 5. CCNO 166-121 Trim: Wood elements in need of paint. 6. CCNO 166-121 Paint: Deteriorated paint will be addressed after the building is soft washed to determine whether the entire building requires repainting. 7. CCNO 166-80 Permit required for signs additions to the permitted sign installed without benefit of permit or review by the VCC. A sign permit will be submitted to the VCC for approval. 8. CCNO 166-77 Impermissible signage that is prohibited will be removed if the petition to retain is denied.

djsnola
234 Loyola Ave, Suite 300·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Permit #17-11883-RNVN ·Ref Code: L36GHB
Pay Fees Download (8) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Applicant:
Permit Approved
Date Filed:
7/10/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Interior build-out of 4750 square feet of offices on a portion of the 3rd floor as per plans. Mechanical scope of work included.

Last edited by tennis1400; Jul 10, 2017 at 9:51 PM.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2017, 10:47 PM

Does anyone have any knowledge of the AT&T (formerly Bellsouth) Building on Poydras? Does AT&T have any sort of presence inside there?

Old Posted Jul 11, 2017, 5:37 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwm991 View Post
Does anyone have any knowledge of the AT&T (formerly Bellsouth) Building on Poydras? Does AT&T have any sort of presence inside there?
Isn't that like a giant switch station

Old Posted Jul 11, 2017, 2:56 PM

At&t

Yes, it is mostly infrastructure. Very few office jobs in there. I really wonder how much of the building is actually used though.

AT&T must have quite a real estate portfolio nationally. They also have that sort of attractive building at Napoleon and St Charles, too.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2017, 3:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternSon View Post
Yes, it is mostly infrastructure. Very few office jobs in there. I really wonder how much of the building is actually used though.

AT&T must have quite a real estate portfolio nationally. They also have that sort of attractive building at Napoleon and St Charles, too.

I remeber talking to a guy who worked for Tyco, and he worked with about 60-70 people on a subletted floor in the building maintaining servers/system infrastructure. If memory serves right he said there were very few AT&T workers were left there.

I imagine the building would be a pain to transform into something nicer... but I'm curious if AT&T even entertains anyone's offer to buy the building. Maybe AT&T just doesn't want to deal with the hassle of moving all of the servers/equipment elsewhere.... or potential buyers are turned off by the work required to re-develop the existing structure into something with an actual window.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2017, 3:14 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternSon View Post

Isn't Verizon redoing theirs in NYC right now ?

Old Posted Jul 11, 2017, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Isn't Verizon redoing theirs in NYC right now ?
I thought there were plans for that one back in 2008 before the recession... then they were scuttled... Has there been news since?

Old Posted Jul 11, 2017, 5:45 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderOz View Post
I thought there were plans for that one back in 2008 before the recession... then they were scuttled... Has there been news since?

Old Posted Jul 11, 2017, 5:47 PM
-

Quote:
I remeber talking to a guy who worked for Tyco, and he worked with about 60-70 people on a subletted floor in the building maintaining servers/system infrastructure. If memory serves right he said there were very few AT&T workers were left there.

I imagine the building would be a pain to transform into something nicer... but I'm curious if AT&T even entertains anyone's offer to buy the building. Maybe AT&T just doesn't want to deal with the hassle of moving all of the servers/equipment elsewhere.... or potential buyers are turned off by the work required to re-develop the existing structure into something with an actual window.
those things are built to be fortresses.. literally might be the safest building in the city save for a nuclear bomb shelter

Old Posted Jul 11, 2017, 5:50 PM
-

Looks like this is only for half the property of former gas station.. im assuming something more commerical planned for the corner property

808 State St·New Construction ·Ref Code: 7ECUNV
Download (2) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
John Dauer
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
6/21/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Construct 3 story, 8-unit multi-family building with ground floor commercial as per plans.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2017, 6:07 PM
-

316 St Charles Avenue Residence Inn

Looks like this is getting ready to start soon

316 St Charles Ave·Demolition · Permit #17-23827-DEMO ·Ref Code: JM2F1Y
Download (4) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Demolition
Applicant:
Leaaf Environmental LLC.
Permit Issued
Date Filed:
7/11/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Removal of two (2) underground storage tanks

Old Posted Jul 11, 2017, 6:50 PM

If they convert the AT&T building, then I hope they go all the way with the redesign instead of doing 40%! That Verizon building is going to look mightily confused by the end of construction...

Old Posted Jul 11, 2017, 7:32 PM
-

Quote:
If they convert the AT&T building, then I hope they go all the way with the redesign instead of doing 40%! That Verizon building is going to look mightily confused by the end of construction...
thats just how the process of reskinning it goes.. process goes floor by floor

Old Posted Jul 11, 2017, 8:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
thats just how the process of reskinning it goes.. process goes floor by floor
I was basing the final design to be "partially" glass and the rest remain monolithic based on this Google search image, which seems to depict a rendering of the finished project...

http://newyorkyimby.com/wp-content/u...arl-Street.jpg

Hope you're right and they go all the way on it.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations