HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Middle East & Africa

Old Posted Feb 18, 2007, 6:00 PM
`

Just let us know on what you want to start with first and we'll be glad to help.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2007, 6:06 PM

thank you very much, im not quite sure because my brother cant decide what pages he wants doing first, but at the moment i think its the world islands

Old Posted Feb 18, 2007, 6:29 PM
`

As far as The World, you can start with this post:

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...&postcount=109

It has frequently asked questions in it. Then, click on the top right of the post to open the thread. The Palm Island Projects thread contains The World also. I guess the thread title needs to be changed.
ssc thread is here.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2007, 5:15 AM
Guess Who's Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isambard View Post
thank you very much, im not quite sure because my brother cant decide what pages he wants doing first, but at the moment i think its the world islands
Hey bruv, how's it hangin?

Forumers, this is my wee bruv (who's kinda been thrown in at the deep end) so be gentle with him......it's not his fault if he's crap, or stupid or un-educated, he was dropped on his head as a baby (by me I think) and he's still in awe of this stuff going in Dubai.

Unlike me though he is more design oriented, has more time and flare than I do, and if it aint good enough I can beat him with a stick!

You guy's let him know what you want on the site, and between us all, we'll figure out what I want!

Thanks for helpin out again bruv!

Now get to work BEATCH!!!

Old Posted Feb 20, 2007, 10:56 AM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

For the world check out
www.theworld.ae

Old Posted Mar 4, 2007, 10:03 PM

The new design of FOUR SEASONS Hotel in Dubai Festival City has been unveiled.

It went from this:

to this:

Old Posted Mar 5, 2007, 12:48 AM
Guess Who's Back?

The original was an absolutely stunning design!

The new one is quirky and different, but really not that inspiring at all!

By brother has his list of things to do for the week regarding DMP as I'm off on my hols to Cancun (Riviera Maya) on Tuesday for 8 days!
He's been working on Slug's Dubai map as a huge flash animated interactive map of Dubailand, but has hit some tricky scripting issues with it's multiple layers. I'd like that finished before I return as well as the 'pathetic excuse' of a 'World Islands Page'.
Gonna get my whip out when I get back; but to his credit I've been giving him many other projects which take precidence over this site (as those earn me money!)

Don't worry, my laptop is going with me, so is SSP!

Hope you guys like the new server speed? Sorry it took so long!

Old Posted Mar 16, 2007, 7:12 AM
BANNED

Hey Skytower, we miss you over at the BD website on SSP and SSC. Where have you been. I always checkout Dubaimegaprojects on a number of buildings and projects. My favourite still is BD and then the palms. Hey thanks for acknowledging me on your thank you page along with other fantastic forumers. Your insight on the Burj Dubai is still absolutely number ONE on SSC and SSP. Your figures on heights make the most sense to me as you explain things quite well. I learned alot from you on BD and from burjdubaiskyscraper.com website. I can't wait to see how tall this thing gets and how it would look.

All the best.

P.S. Any more information from Professor Bauduin?

Old Posted Mar 16, 2007, 12:37 PM

Hi guys,

to add to the collective work:

http://www.dubaichronicle.com/2007/0...residence.html

Sounds interesting, I never heard about it before.
xx

Old Posted Mar 17, 2007, 6:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Tower View Post
For the benefit of SSC/SSP forum members, I've devised a website as a one stop shop for information on the massive projects ongoing in Dubai, with content requested and posted by forumers.

First of all I've created a working template of what I personally think should be included in the site, which you can all view during the construction process.

For the time being, I would like forumers to post a wish list of any content they would like to see added, including any links or projects that they feel deserves to be included as a megaproject.

This will be a daily updated site when I get going, but anyone who wants an active role in the construction of anything they percieve to be their niche or expertise; then please send requests through the 'contact us' links which are now active.

When the majority are happy, I hope this thread will become a plethora of information for website submission, with text, photo's, video and content links to start building the Dubai information website that we collectivly want.

This is a site predominently for SSP/SSC forumers, created by SSP/SSC forumers.

BTW, hearsay, rumours and politics will have no place here, but serious proposals will have their own listing.

All suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

http://www.dubaimegaprojects.com
your website is full of shit about the Burj Dubai

Old Posted Mar 18, 2007, 1:55 AM
Guess Who's Back?

Dubai 1, the keyword preceeding "criticism" is "constructive"
If you could be more specific, then maybe I can answer them directly....rather than having your account suspended for personal, unsubstanciated attacks.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2007, 3:28 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubai 1 View Post
your website is full of shit about the Burj Dubai
And you my friend are SHIT so please get lost if you can't contribute. Skytower's website is full of great information. He put a lot of effort in it. What the hell crap have you contributed asshole?

Old Posted Mar 18, 2007, 3:30 AM
BANNED

^

He deserved the above comment. If I'm banned for it so damn what.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2007, 6:29 AM
Guess Who's Back?

Don't worry, you're fine! (That's kinda what I wanted to say....was just being a little bit diplomatic!)

Old Posted Mar 19, 2007, 5:48 AM
BANNED

Skytower, I'm going by your figures in your website. I'm analyzing all the photos out there and judging from what I have seen in both photos and real life standing underneath the CN Tower and Sears Tower in several occasions, Burj Dubai is right with them at CN's 1465 ft Space Deck (1500 ft top of concrete) and Sears 1450 ft rooftop.

Burj Dubai's official height cannot possibly be just barely taller than the Empire State building. Look at photos of ESB from half a block away. Compare them to BD and Sears for example.

Yes Emaar is correct in it's "official" height. The question is, where do they mark the official height?

Lotta fun, lotta fun.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 11:10 PM
`

ABC World News Tonight just aired a segment on Dubai. They covered all the major talking points about the city and shot great aerials of all the megaprojects.

They will have a show about Dubai on Nightline tonight with more great aerial shots.

From the looks of the BD tower, it looks like it was shot around a week ago.

Nightline here is at 11:30 pm ET on ABC

Old Posted May 3, 2007, 5:13 AM

ok im new here but i know one thing about websites.
people hate inconviniance, the best thing you can do is make a map like on www.vegastodayandtomorrow.com. people visiting your site probably would like to know where things are and be able to axcess them quickly, with that you will do great.

p.s. your site is realy great, a lot better than skimming 100 forms on ssp or ssc.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2007, 4:41 PM
Guess Who's Back?

Thanks drew11, I'm currently working on some flash maps to go on the replacement DMP site as there's certain unworkable issues with the site as it is.

Slugbelch, what became of that show on Nightline? I can't recieve that show in the UK, anything new?

Old Posted Feb 2, 2008, 5:12 AM
Guess Who's Back?

I miss Slugbelch

Old Posted Feb 7, 2008, 7:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond 1000 View Post
^

He deserved the above comment. If I'm banned for it so damn what.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Middle East & Africa