HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

University District South Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Surrey Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 8:45 PM

Very true.

I also didn't comment on the fact I like the new massing of the commercial space at the bottom. I think it would look great if they did increase it to 6 storey to match massing with City Hall but even with the new designs it will look a heck of a lot better. Hopefully they can continue that massing all around because that is what starts to make an area feel like a downtown.

That's why I still find much of Metro-town not feeling like a downtown because right at street level on most streets you don't have good massing. It's all 2 or 3 storey buildings everywhere with the towers stuck back.

Compare to downtown Vancouver and on stretches with no highrises you still have 4-6 storey buildings everywhere which just gives you a more downtown feel to me.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2013, 2:46 AM

So it appears that Bosa is breaking ground on the soon-to-be sales centre on the corner of 104 and University. I do so love me sales centres

Old Posted Aug 24, 2013, 6:29 AM

It appears that Bosa has decided on University District for this tower project. Can a mod change the thread title?

Old Posted Nov 12, 2013, 2:24 AM

Nothing new on this, but just copying the latest render from their site.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2013, 5:28 AM

The sales center has gone up opposite the City Hall.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2013, 5:55 AM

So is this project going to be 3 towers in total or ... ?

Old Posted Nov 12, 2013, 3:21 PM

University District is going to be two towers with some townhouses and ground-floor retail.

Bosa has plans for 6-10 towers in the general area in other projects.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2013, 3:56 PM

Oh, didn't know that'll they are planning on building many more buildings here in Surrey. But one question, how come are they advertising a tower that isn't in the university district but adjacent to the project ?

Old Posted Nov 13, 2013, 2:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjakafi_81 View Post
But one question, how come are they advertising a tower that isn't in the university district but adjacent to the project ?
What do you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjakafi_81
Oh, didn't know that'll they are planning on building many more buildings here in Surrey.

That's the scope of Bosa plans for 104 Ave, from University Drive to City Parkway. I believe they also own the land underneath the Bright and plans to raze it to the ground as well.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2013, 2:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryHolmes View Post
What do you mean?

That's the scope of Bosa plans for 104 Ave, from University Drive to City Parkway. I believe they also own the land underneath the Bright and plans to raze it to the ground as well.
I was just about to post that picture.
From what I know is that the city was the last one to own the land that the sears outlet store(bright/brick) is on. They bought it in hope to sell it off to developers to build up the city centre area.
bosa could have bought it by now though or they could be waiting to see how the first towers sell. Since they also own the land that the church is on just across from this site and already have a development planned for there too.

But with their plans and the urban village ares plans there is a lot planned directly around the central area.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2013, 3:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryHolmes View Post
What do you mean?.
What I mean is like I thought the University District project was just these 2 towers but when I see the advertisements for this project it shows the tower that is on the lot with the church.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2013, 6:46 AM

Bosa owns the land now. They also own the old Dell land too.

This is not the church development across the street. I think they are calling it university because it happens to be on university boulevard and will help them market it to a specific demographic. Marketing isn't always entirely honest after all.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2013, 9:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
Nothing new on this, but just copying the latest render from their site.

jhausner I think hes talking about this photo. since this one looks to be the tower planned for the church lot.

Just look at the curve its the wrong way for it to be on the side these towers are on for 104 ave and university drive.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2013, 8:29 PM

This map from the Bosa site shows the location as being kitty corner to the project (church, etc.) at the start of this thread,
with the rest of the Bosa lands in dark orange:

http://ud.bosaproperties.com/surrey-city-centre/

Old Posted Nov 14, 2013, 4:43 AM

Oh. Didn't see the photo posted didn't render on my phone. Yah that would be the Church one. Ok makes more sense then to be called that since it is across the street in the "University District" whatever that is now.

When you go to the site on the right you can see the church with the cross at the top.

Not a bad looking building though. It actually looks from their web site though that they are calling "University District" both projects. So the Church building is phase 1 of "University District" and the 2 towers across the street are now phase 2. Also looks like some of their plans are doing what Wave has done with the moveable walls and adjustable rooms. Not all the layouts though but many.

Interesting designs actually for some of the floor plans.

Guessing this is now the first tower on sale and they will follow after with the other 2 across the street.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2013, 8:48 AM

Hunh. I did not know that. Plus if you look closely, the subtitle for University District is "Alumni" on the church site.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2013, 9:16 PM

Wouldn't want to be in the tower called "University District Frosh"

Old Posted Nov 14, 2013, 11:10 PM

Bosa unveils Surrey condo project with units that make the most of available space

Bosa Properties unveiled in Surrey November 13 what it bills as being the world's first transformable homes built in a large-scale condominum development.

The homes are called "transformable" because every square foot of space is designed to be as efficient as possible and the space can easily be transformed from one use to another.

The project borrows from the trend common in small developments where tiny living spaces are made to feel much larger thanks to foldable furniture, Murphy beds and other innovations.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2013, 2:25 AM

Okay just to clarify, the thread thumbnail picture of the two towers is actually going to be phase 2 across the street from the new city hall? I didn't even know about this church lot project. According to the City Centre Land Use Concept, the area was also slated for high rise with a max height of 38 stories. The area can go taller to create a proper skyline doming effect since it really will be the core of the centre.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2013, 2:38 AM

The sales centre on 104 and University is almost completed. I just stopped in and I was told that the grand opening is on Saturday at noon. I'll be there and will spill the beans of everything I learn

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley