HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 2:55 AM

Sweet Jesus these towers are awesome!

Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 3:33 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jacob-....html?ref=arts

William Pedersen, KPF Helps Celebrate Art & Design at New Museum, NYC
Jacob Slevin
04/11/2012

Video Link

A few more renderings taken from the video...

The first 2 towers, Coach and the residential..(they even threw in the hanging rail car for good measure)

Slightly older street level renderings in the slide

Another take on the mixed-use tower

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 12:51 PM

Smile

From the video, the hotel tower is 1007 feet tall.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 1:07 PM

The mixed use tower should be added to the diagram page, looks like we have a 14th supertall for NY.

Also, is somebody working on drawings for these buildings? If not it would be much appreciated if they were added.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 11:50 AM
don't *meddle*...

^^ And once all those supertalls start rising, we should have separate threads for each tower:

- North Tower (1,292')
- South Tower aka Coach Tower (1,017')
- Mixed-use Tower (1,000'+)
- Residential Tower (800'+)

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 2:24 PM
New Yorker for life

^ Yeah, we'll get to it. I expect Related to release a little more information on it at some point.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...455802118.html

Time Warner on the Prowl

Laura Kusisto
4/16/12

Quote:
Time Warner, which is searching for 4 million square feet of space, plans at last to send out its requests for proposals. The media conglomerate, which owns its offices in Columbus Circle and leases space at 1100 and 1271 Sixth Ave., is looking at a wide range of options for when the leases come due, according to multiple people familiar with the matter.

The company is weighing some 20 sites, the people said, including Hudson Yards, the World Trade Center, and other sites on the far west side owned by Sherwood Equities Inc., Brookfield Office Properties Inc. Extell Development Co.

Time Warner intends to have a deal for a new space or to stay in place by the end of the year, according to a person familiar with the process. That could be good news for developers like Related and Brookfield, which are scrambling to land a tenant so they can get major new projects off the ground.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 8:44 PM

I wonder what kind of rents TW is paying now in their locations. While I highly doubt they move all 4M sf into new facilities, I imagine they do undergo some sort of reshuffling and anchor at least one new Midtown building. My money's on Hudson Yards North.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 9:34 PM
World Machine

It always comes down to dollars and cents - however I agree, the probability of TW staying with Related is high . . . . my money is on Hudson Yards.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 1:25 PM
New Yorker for life

Two with money on Related... I've always thought Related would be the favorite, so that makes three. Time Warner has a somewhat similar relationship with Related as Conde Nast has with Durst. When Durst was in the running to develop the railyards, Conde Nast was going to make the move with them. (Ultimately, Conde Naste followed Durst Downtown to the Freedom Tower). It wouldn't surprise me at all if Time Warner stuck with Related and moved to the railyards, where plans are more flexible. Now watch them surprise us all and jump to Brookfield's Manhattan West.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 12:09 AM
New Yorker for life

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/26/ny...-building.html

With New Lease, Viacom Commits to Times Sq.

By CHARLES V. BAGLI
April 25, 2012

Quote:
With Viacom now out of the market, developers are focusing on media and technology companies like Time Warner, rather than financial companies, as a possible anchor tenant for a new office tower they are all eager to build, whether it is in Midtown, downtown or on the Far West Side of Manhattan.

Last year, Jeffrey L. Bewkes, the chief executive of Time Warner, expressed his desire to consolidate the company’s operations, which include HBO, Time Inc., Warner Brothers and CNN, in new quarters by 2017. He described the company’s current headquarters at the Time Warner Center as “indulgent” and said he hoped to save tens of millions of dollars by moving to a new, less-expensive space. Earlier this month, Time Warner’s real estate broker, Studley, asked roughly a dozen developers to submit preliminary proposals for from one million to three million square feet of office space.

The developer Larry Silverstein submitted information about the towers he is building at the World Trade Center, while Brookfield proposed either the World Financial Center downtown, or, better yet, the company’s large development site across Ninth Avenue from the Farley Post Office.

Alloy Development, in a partnership with Boston Properties, threw its West Side site, between 35th and 36th Streets, into the mix. And separately, Boston Properties, in partnership with Related Companies and Extell Development, offered an office site on Eighth Avenue at 45th Street. Extell also submitted plans for a tower on 11th Avenue, opposite the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center.

Related, which built the Time Warner Center, has also proposed building a new headquarters for Time Warner at the southwest corner of 33rd Street and 10th Avenue
, as part of its 26-acre Hudson Yards project. Related has told city officials that it plans to start work on a new headquarters for Coach in October on a site nearby.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 12:23 AM

Well that sorta sucks. I'm surprised they're staying put in an already 40 year old building. But that bit on Time Warner sounds promising, and it's good to hear that the South Tower here will officially start in October

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 12:26 AM
BANNED

Does anyone know Viacom's lease term? I heard that they were seeking a short-term extension at 1515.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 12:27 AM
DENNAB

wait what's bad about this? The south tower will start a little later than thought but all the towers will still get built it sounds.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 12:50 AM
New Yorker for life

I take a few good things from that article.

Quote:
Related, which built the Time Warner Center, has also proposed building a new headquarters for Time Warner at the southwest corner of 33rd Street and 10th Avenue, as part of its 26-acre Hudson Yards project. Related has told city officials that it plans to start work on a new headquarters for Coach in October on a site nearby.
Of course, the Coach tower starting in October is good, nice to see things moving along there. I also think Related has a strong shot at getting Time Warner to the taller tower, although TW seems to want something less “indulgent”.

Quote:
Alloy Development, in a partnership with Boston Properties, threw its West Side site, between 35th and 36th Streets, into the mix. And separately, Boston Properties, in partnership with Related Companies and Extell Development, offered an office site on Eighth Avenue at 45th Street. Extell also submitted plans for a tower on 11th Avenue, opposite the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center.
Nice to see those other sites in play as well, including the former WPC site. I still put Related in the lead, for now.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 9:07 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 9:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
I love this new angle!!!
It really shows the view that will be from New Jersey.

By the way, I see my house from there.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 9:22 PM

The renders just get better and better. This is a breathtaking project. Im curious as to the lighting scheme they'll use. It looks like in the second render, the picture on the right, Related could light up those frosted looking glass panels. But thanks for sharing NYGuy.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 9:24 PM
New Yorker for life

^ We know from the earlier renderings that some lighting appears to be in play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arawooho View Post
It really shows the view that will be from New Jersey.
Somewhat, but not really.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 11:07 PM
BANNED

I like the vagina on the North tower's northwest corner.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2012, 12:53 AM
Metal Up Your !

Holy Geezus! This angle makes me want to squirt!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive