HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jan 13, 2019, 2:22 PM
somewhere in-between

Quote:
Originally Posted by subterranean View Post
Wait, Kalamazoo has a Trader Joe’s and Lansing doesn’t? Hahahaha
Yea. When Trader Joe's opened a year and half ago, it was a big deal. But then again, Lansing has a Whole Foods, and not even Grand Rapids can boast that. Our next closest Whole Foods is in South Bend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subterranean View Post
Also, we have a lot of Mod Pizzas out here and I really like them. Any toppings you want for the same price. Also, the ONLY pizza place I’ve found in Portland that offers green olives as a topping.
Absolutely. It's a good business plan and will surely succeed in any college town, like Kalamazoo. My wife gets the green olives (I can't stand them). We went for the soft opening which was under-publicized, and everything that day was entirely free. Then a few weeks later they did "Pay-What-You-Want" Saturday, and all the money went to charity. They carry a small but decent selection of alcoholic drinks too.

Crain's just posted an article (really a compilation of reports) about Kalamazoo's support of entrepreneurs...

Quote:
Crain's Michigan Business Special Report: Kalamazoo
January 13, 2018

Kalamazoo is making strides in its support for entrepreneurs. This year, Western Michigan University plans to break ground on a major expansion of its research park that will create a cluster of high-tech companies and potentially hundreds of jobs. A new network of angel investors affiliated with Michigan’s most established investor group is funding new growth. The result? Tech that will shape the future made right here in Michigan, from flexible sensors for sports helmets to machining innovations and connected home technologies...

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations