HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 17, 2012, 9:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman_95046 View Post

Wow Transbay starting in <2yrs. One Rincon Phase II. 45 Lansing... can this be true? What a week.
And we have some new renderings of 181 Fremont, so that's another possible addition to the line up.

54 floors, 700 feet:

http://sksinvestments.com/properties/181-fremont/

Old Posted Mar 18, 2012, 12:19 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman_95046 View Post

Wow Transbay starting in <2yrs. One Rincon Phase II. 45 Lansing... can this be true? What a week.
Yeah, it was an amazing week! Please let it come to fruition without another bust cycle anytime soon! The only bursting I want to see are ones punctuating our boring tabletop look downtown.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2012, 12:30 AM

I am putting together a new thread for SF developments over at SSC with Cal_Escapee. How would guys feel about a refresher here as well? The front page is super dated.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2012, 12:35 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977 View Post
I am putting together a new thread for SF developments over at SSC with Cal_Escapee. How would guys feel about a refresher here as well? The front page is super dated.
I say go for it, as long as the history that so many of us went through together (minus some who were banned) is preserved. Geez, I just look back through the first pages and it's history indeed.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2012, 6:55 PM

wonderful projects for my beloved city!

Old Posted Mar 19, 2012, 7:01 PM

Wow, this is the most action in SF since I have been on these forums, it's almost hard to keep up. Really excited about the Bay Lights!

Old Posted Mar 20, 2012, 1:32 AM

10th and market St. Highrise - concrete pour today

The south end of the development had a concrete pour today. The north end was done recently, leaving the middle section to be done.

As far as I can tell the sandy dirt has been moved back and forth on the site for the past several months. I'm sure there is a good rason!

View from the 27th floor of the Fox Plaza (Archstone).

Old Posted Mar 20, 2012, 1:54 AM
Green Berniecrat

Wow, everything sure is coming together in a hurry. Very glad to see it though. I'm enjoying Crescent Heights coming up and all, but I think I'm among few around here who will be quite content when the stalled developments finally see groundbreaking.

I'm glad to hear about the Bay Bridge Lights! I've long imagined what it would be like to see something like that on a summer evening from the Embarcadero. Maybe if it works out very well, they'll decide to make it permanent?

Also, great shots Jerry! Haven't had time to stop by last few weeks but I'm hoping to make a pass this week sometime.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2012, 5:29 PM

530 Folsom is set to break ground in two weeks. It's going to be an 8 story building with 120 units of affordable housing for formerly homeless people, support services, and retail:

http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2...enave_apa.html

Old Posted Mar 20, 2012, 6:18 PM
Only Mostly Dead

^I like that little building. I have high hopes for the new Folsom St.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Mar 23, 2012, 7:08 PM

8 Washington is a go.

Quote:
The Planning Commission and Recreation & Parks Commission issued their approvals for 8 Washington at yesterday's joint hearing. It only took 6 hours (!) to get through all the public comments and deliberations, but in the end the final environmental impact report for the luxury condos, ground floor retail, and revamped health club was certified with a 4-2 vote. The Rec & Parks Commission approved the shadow impacts created on Sue Bierman Park, and the Planning Commissioners also recommended to allow the increased height for the area, which will eventually be up to the Board of Supervisors to approve. If the approvals and EIR certification are appealed (which, come on, of course they will be), it will all go before the Board of Supervisors.
http://sf.curbed.com/archives/2012/0...on_is_a_go.php

Old Posted Mar 23, 2012, 7:15 PM

S.F. apartment construction boom around the corner
By Stephanie M. Lee, San Francisco Chronicle
Friday, March 23, 2012

Quote:
After hibernating for years, apartment construction is poised to boom in San Francisco, where desperate renters say those high-rises can't rise high or fast enough.

Largely in response to the city's growing technology sector, 22,000 residential units are in various stages of approval and construction. In a few years, residents could be signing leases for new addresses in South Beach, South of Market, Central Market and Mission Bay.

Some highlights:
  • One site that has come back to life is 1844 Market St., west of Octavia Boulevard, where construction will start in April
  • The rental vacancy rate is 3.2 percent, a study released last year from the real estate firm Cassidy Turley shows.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2012, 4:55 AM

Good news for SOMA:

Quote:
Construction will start in April on Avant Housing's two SOMA projects, 900 Folsom and 260 Fifth.
Source: www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco

900 Folsom (foreground) with 260 Fifth in the background (on the right):

Source: www.socketsite.com

900 Folsom (left) with 260 Fifth (right):

Source: http://sf.agicapital.com/projects/900folsom/

Last edited by 1977; Mar 24, 2012 at 6:36 PM.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2012, 7:18 PM

Gold Dust Lounge Saved (At Least Temporarily)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1336097.html

Old Posted Mar 27, 2012, 5:30 AM

333 Harrison today:

Old Posted Mar 27, 2012, 7:57 PM

Sounds like 401 Grove may be starting soon

Parking Lot Makes Way for Housing at 401 Grove
by Jared Schwartz
Tuesday, Mar 27, 2012

Quote:
We received a tip from a reader that the public parking lot on the southwest corner of Gough & Grove is no longer accepting monthly customers. No, not that parking lot. The other parking lot.

After speaking with someone who works at Tower Valet Parking Inc., we learned that the space will soon(ish) be cleared to make way for new apartments.
More info on 401 Grove from Curbed and SocketSite.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2012, 8:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesweeper View Post
Parking Lot Makes Way for Housing at 401 Grove
by Jared Schwartz
Tuesday, Mar 27, 2012

More info on 401 Grove from Curbed and SocketSite.
Great news! Thanks!

Old Posted Mar 27, 2012, 9:44 PM

Wow, One Rincon (Tower II) might happen a lot sooner than I thought.

Quote:
A plugged-in tipster over at One Rincon Hill delivers the design, timing and detailed scoop with respect to the second tower and One Rincon Hill Tower and Phase II:

Construction is anticipated to start approximately June 1, 2012 and be completed in an estimated 26 months. The building design, unit size and unit mix can be summarized as a 50 story version of Phase I as displayed at the scale model located in the sales office. For the floor plans and unit layouts, Phase II will combine the two adjacent small one bedroom units at the center of the building curve above floor 25 into one two bedroom unit. The number of two bedroom units will increase and the number of one bedroom units will correspondingly be reduced. Approximately 60% of Phase II unit plans are the same as Phase I.
Significant improvements in the Phase II building will include a 3,600 square foot exercise facility and a top floor 4,000 square foot penthouse "Sky Lounge." (As comparison, current Phase I amenities include a 750 square foot exercise room and an 1,100 square foot Party Room). All amenities, including the existing swimming pool and spa deck facilities, will be available to occupants of both towers.
Source: http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2...d_details.html

Old Posted Mar 27, 2012, 10:49 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Awesome news! If either 45 Lansing or another neighboring building (ie: the Californian) can also manage to get started this cycle, Rincon Hill will look so much better way sooner than I had hoped.

Regardless of what else might get built up there, this is starting to feel like 2005-6 all over again. There are so many projects that have been ready to go, just lacking financing for a while there. Now that seems to be coming through as well. Maybe then and now are best looked at as two waves of one boom with a lull in between?

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Mar 27, 2012, 11:28 PM

Sweet! Hopefully the local economy doesn't go bad again any time soon. And hopefully the NIMBYs don't have a secret weapon waiting to be unleashed once heavy skyscraper development is on a roll again. Damn this city makes me paranoid about NIMBYs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery
Maybe then and now are best looked at as two waves of one boom with a lull in between?
Maybe so. We had no new highrises go up from the late 80s all the way until 1999, and since then the city has basically been on a roll, with a few slow years from around 2009-2012 where a whole bunch of stuff remained stalled.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations