HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

Old Posted Mar 6, 2024, 5:16 PM

Didn't get a photo, but there was an excavator on site yesterday. Just maybe creeping towards becoming a reality?

Old Posted Mar 6, 2024, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil235 View Post
Didn't get a photo, but there was an excavator on site yesterday. Just maybe creeping towards becoming a reality?
I'm expecting we'll get a revised proposal, hopefully within a few weeks, with implementing some of the UDRP feedback. Hopefully, the project will then go through the approval process quickly.

They say they want to start construction this year, and I'm hopeful that will be the case.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2024, 6:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
I'm expecting we'll get a revised proposal, hopefully within a few weeks, with implementing some of the UDRP feedback. Hopefully, the project will then go through the approval process quickly.

They say they want to start construction this year, and I'm hopeful that will be the case.
Yeah, this one would be huge for that part of Centretown. And for the city as a whole, as it really would be a gateway project for people driving into downtown.

I've generally been surprised at how long it's taken Catherine St. to redevelop. It's so centrally located and such a visible location, it seems odd that it still has that semi-industrial feel west of Bank.

I noticed that two semis just east of Bronson are now boarded up, so maybe an indication that more development is afoot.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2024, 8:01 PM

Hopefully it draws the eyes away from the sea of CharcWhites mushrooming out from the core.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2024, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil235 View Post
Yeah, this one would be huge for that part of Centretown. And for the city as a whole, as it really would be a gateway project for people driving into downtown.

I've generally been surprised at how long it's taken Catherine St. to redevelop. It's so centrally located and such a visible location, it seems odd that it still has that semi-industrial feel west of Bank.

I noticed that two semis just east of Bronson are now boarded up, so maybe an indication that more development is afoot.
You're right. It is honestly perfect for this area and will be a perfect way to cover the uglier buildings of the CBD off the highway, while also making the city feel more like it's size.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2024, 10:40 PM
Cigritbutt enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalmuffins View Post
You're right. It is honestly perfect for this area and will be a perfect way to cover the uglier buildings of the CBD off the highway, while also making the city feel more like it's size.
Maybe it's nostalgia but I kind of like the way downtown looks from the highway. Has a proper sweep up or pyramid feel to it... at least on the north/south axis.

Will definitely be interesting to see some projects abutting the highway that you would see in pretty much any other place. This applies for the entire city from Bayshore to Trim, but the lack of buildup around the downtown portion of the 417 seems notable.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2024, 2:05 PM

This, and other developments on O'Connor and what not would help bring the density, residents and skyline south from the CBD to the highway. Could end up with a T shape of a skyline Bayview to Rideau and North Bank St to 417.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2024, 5:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboycurtis View Post
Maybe it's nostalgia but I kind of like the way downtown looks from the highway. Has a proper sweep up or pyramid feel to it... at least on the north/south axis.

Will definitely be interesting to see some projects abutting the highway that you would see in pretty much any other place. This applies for the entire city from Bayshore to Trim, but the lack of buildup around the downtown portion of the 417 seems notable.
Agreed. The view from the Queensway changed tremendously over the first few years of its existence, and the next 10 years will see the biggest transformation since.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2024, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTSkyline View Post
This, and other developments on O'Connor and what not would help bring the density, residents and skyline south from the CBD to the highway. Could end up with a T shape of a skyline Bayview to Rideau and North Bank St to 417.
More of a 'Big Dipper' Skyline

Old Posted Mar 22, 2024, 5:49 PM

Update. Height changed from 40, 36 and 26 to 36, 34 and 32. Still over 30 at least. Podium has a bit less red and more shades. Same tower designs, which I was never a fan of.

https://devapps.ottawa.ca/en/applica...3-0008/details

Old Posted Mar 22, 2024, 5:51 PM

The height variation was so much better before!

Old Posted Mar 22, 2024, 6:13 PM

The shortest tower looked kind of out of place though.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2024, 3:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post

Your first prediction is correct!

Old Posted Apr 9, 2024, 11:38 AM
DesignerGuy

I am fairly new the forum and live on a high floor at SOBA. I will have killer photos to share of the progress on this and other developments from my perch up high. Just need a quick tutorial on how to add a photo from the photos on my MAC? I tried looking up the URL and can't see it on the info for photo. Thanks in advance

Old Posted Apr 9, 2024, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesignerGuy View Post
I am fairly new the forum and live on a high floor at SOBA. I will have killer photos to share of the progress on this and other developments from my perch up high. Just need a quick tutorial on how to add a photo from the photos on my MAC? I tried looking up the URL and can't see it on the info for photo. Thanks in advance
If you are interested, some of us have migrated over to SkyriseCities. Significantly easier to upload photos there!

https://ottawa.skyrisecities.com/forum/

https://ottawa.skyrisecities.com/for...drangle.37295/

Last edited by Dzingle Bells; Apr 9, 2024 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Additional link

Old Posted Apr 9, 2024, 1:04 PM
DesignerGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzingle Bells View Post
If you are interested, some of us have migrated over to SkyriseCities. Significantly easier to upload photos there!

https://ottawa.skyrisecities.com/forum/

https://ottawa.skyrisecities.com/for...drangle.37295/
Thank you so much. I will check that out after work today

Old Posted Apr 9, 2024, 2:19 PM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesignerGuy View Post
We'd also be very happy to have your updates here . So far, this remains the more vibrant forum for Ottawa/Gatineau discussions.

Here's a guide on how to post photos here at SSP:

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...88&postcount=1

Old Posted Apr 16, 2024, 7:34 PM

From hoggytime/Harley613 on Skyrise. Removing the old diesel tanks.

https://skyrisecities.com/forum/thre...e.37295/page-3

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa