HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

Old Posted Dec 8, 2015, 11:53 AM

Livmore Westboro Village [1976 Scott St + 320 McRae Ave] | 79m | 26f | U/C

I held an open house recently to do some pre-application consultation around a proposal for the other side of McRae across from Trailhead and the Bridgeport development. While the parcel is family-owned, we'll hear soon, I'm sure, about a development partner. Since this is pre-application, I've put the boards up in my Dropbox.

http://kitchissippiward.ca/content/proposal-scott-mcrae.

Last edited by waterloowarrior; Dec 9, 2015 at 4:12 AM. Reason: added photo

Old Posted Dec 8, 2015, 1:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleiper View Post
I held an open house recently to do some pre-application consultation around a proposal for the other side of McRae across from Trailhead and the Bridgeport development. While the parcel is family-owned, we'll hear soon, I'm sure, about a development partner. Since this is pre-application, I've put the boards up in my Dropbox.

http://kitchissippiward.ca/content/proposal-scott-mcrae.
I think this is a very appropriate site for some density in the Westboro area. Its not sitting right on Richmond Road, nor is it too close to many houses. It is right beside a future LRT station (phase 2 granted) and it would make that dildo shaped tower Minto built look less out of place.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2015, 8:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr872190 View Post
I think this is a very appropriate site for some density in the Westboro area. Its not sitting right on Richmond Road, nor is it too close to many houses. It is right beside a future LRT station (phase 2 granted) and it would make that dildo shaped tower Minto built look less out of place.
*blush*

Yes, it is a perfectly appropriate site for some density, right beside near-term LRT station and current Bus Crappid Transit station, and, thus, naturally, the usual Nattering Nabobs of NIMBYist Negativity are freaking the frunk out about it.

Sigh.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2015, 4:26 AM
National Capital Region

Thanks for posting Jeff. I edited your original post to add the photo and the height/floor count to the title.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2015, 7:26 PM

I like the height, and the density, in the location. In fact, I wish there would be less townhomes in the proposal and perhaps a second tower, albeit shorter (12 storeys, perhaps...)

Old Posted Dec 10, 2015, 3:49 AM
National Capital Region

I think an interesting planning strategy would be lining Scott with high rises while keeping Richmond/Wellington at mid to low rise. Major redevelopment along main streets can take away the flexibility and lower costs offered by older low rise buildings and in many cases the cost of the new space is vacant for a long time or filled up with Shoppers, banks, and real estate agents

Old Posted Dec 10, 2015, 4:02 AM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

Old Posted Dec 10, 2015, 2:13 PM

I hope this goes through, it fits into the existing urban fabric really well.

I also hope the City will push for green roofs? We should be demanding green roofs on ALL NEW construction (with a flat roof.)

Old Posted Mar 17, 2016, 12:34 AM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

This one has finally been posted:

The Owners of 320 McRae (320 McRae Ave., 1976 Scott St. and 315 Tweedsmuir Ave.) are proposing to construct a development with the appearance of four (4) buildings on the site. The proposed development ranges in height from three (3) to 19 (19) storeys. In total, 224 residential dwelling units are proposed, as well as 33,310 square feet of office and commercial retail gross floor area (GFA). The proposal includes:
  1. A 19 storey mixed-use tower at the northeast corner of the property. The 19 storey building fronts primarily onto Scott Street (and the corners of Tweedsmuir and McRae) with commercial retail at grade, commercial office on the second floor and eighteen (17) storeys of residential uses above. The tower is designed with different height set-backs at three (3), nine (9), and 17 storeys. These different heights provide visual relief to the existing streetscape. The building includes 188 dwelling units, 13,000 square feet of commercial retail and 11,200 square feet of office on the second floor.
  2. Two four (4) storey commercial and residential buildings fronting onto McRae Avenue, beside the 19 storey tower at the south east end of the site, providing a transition to the existing low-medium profile buildings in the area. This building includes a total of 54 units and 9,110 square feet of commercial retail.
  3. Four (4) townhouses fronting on Tweedsmuir Avenue attached to the nine (9) storey building, located at the southwest portion of the site next to the 19 storey tower. These townhouses serve as a transition into the existing lower profile buildings along Tweedsmuir Avenue and the surrounding neighbourhood.

Underground parking is proposed for all buildings and commercial units with access from McRae Avenue, at the south end of the site. Underground parking will consist of two (2) levels with 238 parking spaces, 175 bicycle spaces and 215 storage lockers for residents. A total of 43 commercial retail parking spaces are provided, along with 19 commercial offices spaces. Within the total residential parking spaces, visitor spaces will be accommodated.

Development application:
http://app01.ottawa.ca/postingplans/...appId=__7NX8LE

Old Posted Mar 21, 2016, 4:17 AM

Quote:
This would definitely decrease the phallic factor of the neighbourhood, well said!

Old Posted May 24, 2018, 4:58 PM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

Planning committee OKs 25-storey development at Westboro station

By: OBJ staff
Published: May 23, 2018 1:37pm EDT

Ottawa’s planning committee endorsed a 25-storey, mixed-use development near Westboro transit station, despite the ward councilor taking a hard line against the rezoning application.

The proposed development would see a public park, and two mixed-use buildings of 25 and four storeys built on a 1.3-acre property at the southwest corner of Scott Street and McRae Avenue. The site, currently home to a pair of two-storey single-detached buildings and an auto body shop, is 50 metres from the Westboro transit station.

While the spot is currently surrounded by buildings as high as eight storeys, just across Scott Street, recently amended zoning bylaws have allowed for a 25-storey development, which is currently being constructed by a team that includes local developer and property manager Colonnade Bridgeport.

Currently, the site is zoned for heights of up to 18 metres. Applicant FoTenn Consulting, representing the Estate of Carson Unsworth, successfully argued for a zoning amendment to permit 25 storeys, or 78 metres in height.

The planned project, which still requires approval from full city council, would see nearly 300 residential units, 15,000 square feet of retail space and nearly 200 parking spaces in underground garages.

The large amount of available parking so close to a transit hub was a sticking point for Kitchissippi Coun. Jeff Leiper, who was the only committee member to vote against the proposed amendment.

“This building should not be approved this close to Westboro transit station with the amount of parking that it has. It is perverse. It is contrary to all of our plans. I would ask you to join me today in voting against this building,” he said during Tuesday’s committee meeting.

The project has been in the works since 2009, when a zoning amendment was first submitted, but the application was subsequently placed on hold prior to being reactivated in 2016.

http://www.obj.ca/article/planning-c...stboro-station

Old Posted Jun 24, 2018, 3:01 PM

This one is u/c. They're blasting for the parking garage and seem pretty far along.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
This one is u/c. They're blasting for the parking garage and seem pretty far along.
I think you might mean this development.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2018, 1:13 PM

Quote:
I think you might mean this development.
You are correct. My mistake.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2018, 6:04 PM

It appears this property has been put up for sale....

Old Posted Aug 30, 2018, 7:07 PM

Old Posted Aug 31, 2018, 12:06 AM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

If you have to ask how much it costs, you probably can't afford it

Old Posted Aug 31, 2018, 1:00 PM

Welp, the house directly south of it is about a million dollars. Sold for land value.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2018, 8:48 PM

Bore hole samples being taken at the north end on Scott Street. No indication property has sold yet.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2019, 10:33 PM

The For Sale sign on this property has been changed to sold

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa