HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe

Old Posted Sep 23, 2018, 1:31 PM

By architectronik from the pss-archi.eu local threads.
Watch the complete mess of construction over large masterplan "Euratlantique" currently implemented.

Lots of textures are growing interesting in the modern/contemporary style that I appreciate the most.

Something slightly taller, like 18 floors and mixed-use

It will look like this.

The upper component is residential, the lower is offices.

This whole stuff is planned to be fairly dense and urban, as showed off by virtual reality.

Video Link

Some latest developent over Bassins à flots by Mascaron, some different area around their contemporary Wine museum.
Excuse the annoyingly giant picture...

Much more to see in their threads. They're like doubling the size of the city. lol
This appears very neat overall, though. It will be worth yet another visit.
Besides, more and more are actually moving over there.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2021, 1:29 PM

It is very interesting to see in the thread the 2013 images of the development plan of this part of Bordeaux. The city has indeed developed towards this direction, between Chartrons and Bacalan. The Cite du vin is right next to the bridge today and many new office and university buildings were developed. We will see how things evolve. Traffic has continued being a big problem though!

Old Posted Apr 19, 2021, 9:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Nunez View Post
Traffic has continued being a big problem though!
I don't know how the city works on a daily basis, but this is likely to be the case.
I do know that locals aware of efficient transit policies sometimes complain about overcrowded trams. That's the problem with these light rail systems. They are cute and all, but capacity is rather limited, so a lot of commuters have to rely on older bus lines or cars on rush hours.

However, local weather is mild and I think cycling is a pleasant and healthy alternative that could be developed way further over the city.
Their current mayor is a controversial leftist Green, like the guy is kind of awkward. But at least, he could develop some awesome cycling tracks over the town if he was true to his Green faith.
I know the city only as an occasional tourist. But I can guaranty cycling this town would be very pleasant.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe