HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #8541  
Old Posted Sep 6, 2017, 4:53 PM
The Illusive Man's Avatar
The Illusive Man The Illusive Man is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The City of Champions! Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 181
Yup. This is not a short-term thing. People need to think long-term.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8542  
Old Posted Sep 6, 2017, 6:47 PM
ChargerCarl's Avatar
ChargerCarl ChargerCarl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Los Angeles/San Francisco
Posts: 2,378
I've heard nothing about good things about the smaller stadium.
__________________
This Machine Kills NIMBYs
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8543  
Old Posted Sep 7, 2017, 4:11 AM
ChelseaFC ChelseaFC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 584
Drove through Old Town Pasadena today and looks like an application is pending for a 3-story mixed use building at 85 W. Green Street. The site is boarded up and has a rendering posted on the fencing.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8544  
Old Posted Sep 7, 2017, 10:00 AM
BrandonJXN's Avatar
BrandonJXN BrandonJXN is offline
Ascension
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 5,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCarl View Post
I've heard nothing about good things about the smaller stadium.
The argument certainly can be made that the Chargers have one of the best stadiums in the NFL.


https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHKOWRnUAAABtd9.jpg
__________________
Washed Out
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8545  
Old Posted Sep 7, 2017, 2:55 PM
blackcat23's Avatar
blackcat23 blackcat23 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,334
__________________
Urbanize LA - Covering real estate development, architecture and urban planning in the Greater Los Angeles Area.

Please follow on Twitter @UrbanizeLA, Facebook and Instagram.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8546  
Old Posted Sep 7, 2017, 4:16 PM
The Illusive Man's Avatar
The Illusive Man The Illusive Man is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The City of Champions! Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJXN View Post
The argument certainly can be made that the Chargers have one of the best stadiums in the NFL.


https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHKOWRnUAAABtd9.jpg
Even though it's smaller, StubHub is a great venue. This may be what that NFL looks into in the future.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8547  
Old Posted Sep 7, 2017, 9:04 PM
mdiederi's Avatar
mdiederi mdiederi is offline
4
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: JT
Posts: 4,323
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8548  
Old Posted Sep 8, 2017, 1:46 PM
colemonkee's Avatar
colemonkee colemonkee is offline
Ridin' into the sunset
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: L.A. - Skid row adjacent
Posts: 7,071
Wow, that's gonna be awesome. Are they going to dismantle the old bridge when the new one is complete?
__________________
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8549  
Old Posted Sep 8, 2017, 2:50 PM
WonderlandPark2 WonderlandPark2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
Wow, that's gonna be awesome. Are they going to dismantle the old bridge when the new one is complete?
Yes, one of the main purposes of the new bridge is to gain clearance for bigger ships.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8550  
Old Posted Sep 12, 2017, 10:07 PM
ChelseaFC ChelseaFC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 584
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8551  
Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 1:07 AM
caligrad's Avatar
caligrad caligrad is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 1,084
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resident View Post
This logic F&*(ing kills me.

The Chargers are playing in a 30,000 seat stadium because it is a better experience than the coliseum, it is closer to SD and the OC where their fans are, and they want to differentiate themselves from the Rams.

They sold ~25,000 season tickets. That is the most they could sell in a 30,000 stadium. They are required to withhold some for the other team and NFL officials (about 1,000) and they also withheld some for single game tickets. They could have sold more.

So for a preseason game, they sold all their tickets. Repeat, every ticket was sold. The reason you have 21,000 people show up is because 30% of the season ticket holders don't care to go to a preseason game. That is a good percentage.

The reason other teams can get 45,000 to go to a preseason game is because they have a 70,000 stadium with 35,000 season tickets. They give away the other 25,000 tickets. The Chargers don't have those extra tickets because they only have a 30,000 seat stadium.

The Chargers will be fine and I bet do better than the Rams. No doubt the Raiders would have more fans if they moved back, but the Rams haven't been in LA in my lifetime and the Chargers actually have a good amount of fans in LA.

Just like the Clippers, Kings, Lakers, Dodgers, Galaxy, and LAFC, both the Rams and the Chargers will be fine and get plenty of fans. And with the ticket costs what they are, the Chargers are making ~70% in ticket sales at StubHub what they were making at Qualcomm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resident View Post
Yeah, Dean is an idiot for moving his team into what will be the best stadium in the country where he will pay $1 a year. Not to mention the value of his team went from $1.5 billion to $2.3 billion plus. I'm sure he will move back and give up that $800 million of value of his franchise.

Link to youtube video of Inglewood stadium since I don't know how to insert pictures:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=B_MsqkGIw8M
The Chargers are playing in a 27k stadium because they had no other choice. Couldn't stay in San Diego. The Rose Bowl said NO and the Coliseum is already having scheduling issues and told Dean and the NFL NO. The LA times and other news sources already discussed this time and time again why he's at the stub hub center and not other, bigger, stadiums.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...htmlstory.html

If it were possible to squeeze into the Coliseum or Rose Bowl, he would have. When all of this mess was going on, KTLA even reported that he was even considering Dodger Stadium for a short time. Being at the Stub Hub Center was not by choice as you oddly make it sound , especially since he ran around LA like a chicken with his head cut off and only considered the Stub Hub center last, all reported by the news stations.

Let me Clarify. I have NOTHING against the Chargers playing at Stub Hub Center. I think Smaller Stadiums are awesome and think the NFL should look at a seating Max of between 30-45 for new stadiums to make it more intimate, which will probably never happen. I actually like the Stub Hub center and have been to a few event there. But. As I said before. I expected it to be packed to the Rim.

Noooow that you have graciously explained why those numbers are the way they are............... and news organizations have failed to mention this in their reports. Now all we have to figure out is why are those same numbers starting to dwindle and why more than 50% of the people showing up to the games wearing gear of the opposing team or of teams that aren't even playing .

Hey. Didn't you say a while back that you had "insider knowledge and sources" that Apple wasn't moving into Tower Theater? Care to make that correction on the DTLA thread and urbanize ? because OBVIOUSLY someone's, lying, wrong or misinformed .
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8552  
Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 1:10 AM
caligrad's Avatar
caligrad caligrad is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 1,084
In OTTTTTHHHHHER NEWS.

I dont know whats going on in Long Beach. But. The Current Project, LBs new Tallest, seemed to have stopped for a second the last time i drove passed, about 4 days ago. Heavy Machinery was gone, Cars were parking on the lot again and fences were down. So. i dont know what happened. My guess is that the nimby idiots that live miles away stormed the town hall meeting to argue about the increased amount of units and lack of an increase of parking stalls.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8553  
Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 1:57 AM
kolchak kolchak is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Posts: 196
Marriot Edition Sunset Strip today -

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8554  
Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 6:49 AM
Resident Resident is offline
BikeMike
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Miracle Mile, formerly DTLA
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrad View Post
The Chargers are playing in a 27k stadium because they had no other choice. Couldn't stay in San Diego. The Rose Bowl said NO and the Coliseum is already having scheduling issues and told Dean and the NFL NO. The LA times and other news sources already discussed this time and time again why he's at the stub hub center and not other, bigger, stadiums.
The bolded part is completely false. The Chargers had the option of going ot the coliseum if they wanted to. They choose not to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrad View Post
If it were possible to squeeze into the Coliseum or Rose Bowl, he would have. When all of this mess was going on, KTLA even reported that he was even considering Dodger Stadium for a short time. Being at the Stub Hub Center was not by choice as you oddly make it sound , especially since he ran around LA like a chicken with his head cut off and only considered the Stub Hub center last, all reported by the news stations.
Yes, it was a choice, between being the third team in the coliseum or being the only team in StubHub. And the entire thing about him running around with his head cut off is bulllllshiiittt. He had StubHub lined up long before the announced move. Thats why the website on day one had all of the specs for Stubhub. Could he have played at Dodger stadium?? I don't know that. But I know for a fact a contract was made that would have allowed him to play in the Coliseum if he wanted to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrad View Post
Noooow that you have graciously explained why those numbers are the way they are............... and news organizations have failed to mention this in their reports. Now all we have to figure out is why are those same numbers starting to dwindle and why more than 50% of the people showing up to the games wearing gear of the opposing team or of teams that aren't even playing .
I love it how you are making assumtions about things that havn't even happened yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrad View Post
Hey. Didn't you say a while back that you had "insider knowledge and sources" that Apple wasn't moving into Tower Theater? Care to make that correction on the DTLA thread and urbanize ? because OBVIOUSLY someone's, lying, wrong or misinformed .
Nope. I have made no such claims in any way shape or form about Apple. What I do know is there is no signed contract and it is similar to rumors having "confirmed" that Trader Joes was coming to the Bloc. At that time they were strongly strongly considering it, but they backed out right before signing a contract. So until Apple announces a store, I'm not going to believe anything. It was almost a year ago this rumor first started.

But speaking of past claims, you were the one who claimed that Governor Brown was going to have to step in to be sure that football stays in Southern California. You were also the person who started claiming the lot on Fig had a 750 ft minimum limit.

You tend to have a very inventive imagination when it comes to what is actually happening in the world, as you just demonstrated above. I mean, claiming Dean Spanos would move an organization that gained a Billion Dollars in valuation and is about to be playing in the best stadium in the country for one dollar a year because 70% of the season ticket holders showed up to a PRESEASON game is pretty rich.
__________________
BikeMike should be banned.

Downtown Los Angeles Neighborhood Council Area Wide Board Member (DLANCAWBM)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8555  
Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 4:27 PM
The Illusive Man's Avatar
The Illusive Man The Illusive Man is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The City of Champions! Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrad View Post
The Chargers are playing in a 27k stadium because they had no other choice. Couldn't stay in San Diego. The Rose Bowl said NO and the Coliseum is already having scheduling issues and told Dean and the NFL NO. The LA times and other news sources already discussed this time and time again why he's at the stub hub center and not other, bigger, stadiums.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...htmlstory.html

If it were possible to squeeze into the Coliseum or Rose Bowl, he would have. When all of this mess was going on, KTLA even reported that he was even considering Dodger Stadium for a short time. Being at the Stub Hub Center was not by choice as you oddly make it sound , especially since he ran around LA like a chicken with his head cut off and only considered the Stub Hub center last, all reported by the news stations.

Let me Clarify. I have NOTHING against the Chargers playing at Stub Hub Center. I think Smaller Stadiums are awesome and think the NFL should look at a seating Max of between 30-45 for new stadiums to make it more intimate, which will probably never happen. I actually like the Stub Hub center and have been to a few event there. But. As I said before. I expected it to be packed to the Rim.

Noooow that you have graciously explained why those numbers are the way they are............... and news organizations have failed to mention this in their reports. Now all we have to figure out is why are those same numbers starting to dwindle and why more than 50% of the people showing up to the games wearing gear of the opposing team or of teams that aren't even playing .

Hey. Didn't you say a while back that you had "insider knowledge and sources" that Apple wasn't moving into Tower Theater? Care to make that correction on the DTLA thread and urbanize ? because OBVIOUSLY someone's, lying, wrong or misinformed .
Three football teams using the Coliseum? That sounds like a horrible idea.

The Chargers need to earn LA, just like every other sports team in LA had to. Do you think all of the other sports team were beloved immediately? No they weren't. The Clippers had to earn their way in LA and they did. The Chargers need to do the same. They have no real connection to LA.

It's silly to think people should bend over backwards for something they have no connection to. These things take time. They are here now and they need to grow their roots first and establish themselves as an LA team. They don't deserve unconditional love right off the bat.

Opposing fans showing in droves is nothing new to the Chargers. There were many games in San Diego where Charger fans were overwhelmed by opposing fans.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8556  
Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 5:56 PM
Blesha13 Blesha13 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Los Angeles, CA 90026
Posts: 114
^ Not to mention, Rams also need to earn LA. Yes, I know they've been here for 50 years, but that doesn't make them the real LA team yet, considering we have a new generation fans that didn't grow up with the NFL in the LA market. It'll take time for both Rams and Chargers to get some love.
__________________
GO DODGERS! GO LAKERS!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8557  
Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 6:13 PM
The Illusive Man's Avatar
The Illusive Man The Illusive Man is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The City of Champions! Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blesha13 View Post
^ Not to mention, Rams also need to earn LA. Yes, I know they've been here for 50 years, but that doesn't make them the real LA team yet, considering we have a new generation fans that didn't grow up with the NFL in the LA market. It'll take time for both Rams and Chargers to get some love.
Yup. They were here for 49 years but there was a significant 21 year absence. They need to make up for lost time and regrow those roots. They haven't earned the right to be as high as the Lakers, Dodgers, USC, UCLA, Kings, and even Clippers in the LA sports heart.

Would you be able to jump right back in with an ex after they've been with another dude? No. It's takes time to rebuild that bond.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8558  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 6:21 AM
caligrad's Avatar
caligrad caligrad is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 1,084
^^^ Hey. You never know. I've been through my exs more than once HAHA.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...tandhp#image=1

^^^ This is another nice little read about whats going it. It was posted today actually. Its factual. No insider knowledge

Its specifically focused on the California teams but Specifically The Chargers as the main focus. And as to why each team, even the Niners are struggling to fill the stadium. (Bad Stadium). Rams ( Old Stadium) Chargers. Well. He breaks it down to the core. We're getting out of preseason. Now we're talking about season tickets. Even Brokers are having a hard time reselling Charger tickets. Literally thousands are still for sell on every ticketing website and the games are coming up quick.

I get it. It takes time to build the brand. And a couple of wins under the belt. But.... is Dean willing and able to wait 40 years for that to happen like the Clippers did and now that their players aren't performing anymore, even they are losing their "Cool" again.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8559  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 6:59 AM
Resident Resident is offline
BikeMike
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Miracle Mile, formerly DTLA
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrad View Post
^^^ Hey. You never know. I've been through my exs more than once HAHA.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...tandhp#image=1

^^^ This is another nice little read about whats going it. It was posted today actually. Its factual. No insider knowledge
You keep making comments saying Los Angeles doesn't want or like the Chargers, but it has been quite clear that every time you have talked about football you have no idea what you are talking about.

The article above actually proves my point that the Chargers are doing fine. The LA Rams got ~35,000 people to come to their game on Sunday, and those tickets are MUUUUCCCCCHHHHHH cheaper than the Chargers.

The Chargers actually sold almost all of their tickets. The team has about 200 tickets left, and mostly in the worst parts of the most expensive section. There are a lot of resale because the SD season ticket holders got first dibs and purchased them solely to resell them.

The Chargers are only competing with the Rams. The Rams havn't been in So Cal in 23 years and in Los Angeles in 25 years. It's not like the Clippers trying to get a toehold while the Lakers are here. The Chargers will be fine.

Are you going to start claiming the Rams are about to move back to St Louis because they had 35-40,000 people show up to their game?? The Chargers will actually make more in ticket sales than the Rams will with their 27,000 sold tickets.
__________________
BikeMike should be banned.

Downtown Los Angeles Neighborhood Council Area Wide Board Member (DLANCAWBM)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8560  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 8:27 AM
caligrad's Avatar
caligrad caligrad is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 1,084
Talking

^^ ^ Lol ummm 200 tickets left. on one site. Where there are hundreds of sites all selling hundreds of tickets. It Not always good to skim through. Resident. BikeMike. Edulva. I accept you as being one of the same. HAHAHA and after this wont feed your intent on trying reallllly hard to get me banned haha vindictive much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resident View Post
.
I remember your very first post like it was yesterday. Came in, swinging at everyone about facts, speculating, and not posting their sources and that "you have insider knowledge of pretty much everything going on in LA"... I Sat back for a full year quietly and watched how 90% of your "insider knowledge" turn out wrong with no correction from you. And you never. ever. post sources. Odd.

I never made the concrete statement that there was a 750Ft height minimum on fig. I ASKED if there was a 750ft height minimum on fig and I made sure to put it in a form of a question because 1. i didn't know and 2. to avoid listening to a certain...someone....Whine about it, and here we are, they are whining. I asked more than once because no one knew, including yourself since you sat quietly. Go back and check my posts, you will see the question marks clear as day and unedited. someone later quoted the original post that made that statement. And it was NOT me.

Making assumptions about things that haven't happened ? I went to a Chargers preseason game. Bronco jerseys, Raider Jerseys, Cowboy Jerseys, Niner Jerseys and a half empty stadium (Dwindling at the half time) is all that I saw (also reported and in the articles I posted before *sources*).

The Governor comment/question/opinion ? "I'm sure Davis will step in to see if he can make a solid effort to bring a team to LA"? that one?.

Seeing how he was a HUGE cheerleader/supporter of LA getting a team again and cities/county's in the state a the time were handing out tax credits left and right to get stuff done, ( Metropolis, Oceanwide and the WG I believe were all promised Tax credits) I figured he might do something similar. you know. just my opinion/commentary. The same as yours and your sources .

But why did you take that as a fact based statement when its clearly an opinion/comment? Because it sounds like an opinion to me, you know...." Small talk"... "office/water-cooler buzz" since that's how normal conversation works and how literally everyone else on here talks on these threads. Literally everybody else on here took it as a comment/opinion...except you lol.

The Rams and Chargers sharing the Coliseum.... When they have more than a few of their home games on the same exact day......Not to mention USC playing the day before Not to mention the Coliseum having to ask USC to renegotiate its lease terms and having to put it to a vote ? and the NFL changing schedules all because of the Chargers and so on and so on. Yeah. The Coliseum was a for sure thing Dean wanted the Coliseum or Rose Bowl. He didn't get them. Even Ridley Thomas of the Coliseum said he didn't think Dean wanted to go to Stub Hub. Can I use him as my insider knowledge source? HAHAHA

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...move/95030052/

Last edited by caligrad; Sep 14, 2017 at 8:42 AM. Reason: Typos
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:40 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.