HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 9:39 PM

Crescent Park said they would receive rezoning for 2,250 units in 2017. And they did!

http://data.jerseycitynj.gov/dataset...velopment-plan

There is a maximum floor plate size and no height limit for the buildings. There is a pretty substantial podium that high-rise buildings will sit on. I say anywhere from 60 to 80 floors could rise here.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2018, 3:39 PM

A few small updates...

16 Perrine Ave has finally been approved by the planning board.

808 Pavonia is on the market for sale to another developer. I always thought Harwood's proposal was too timid given the incredible amount of flexibility in the redevelopment plan. I say there's better than a 50/50 chance another developer buys the land and submits a more ambitious proposal.

Speaking of former Harwood properties, One Journal Square is planned to begin construction this month, but let's just say that's less than 50/50 at this point. I don't see how they proceed with the final problems of the current developer, not to mention the federal probes... But maybe I'll be proven wrong.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2018, 10:57 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Pic by me. Taken today. Just a shot of J SQ Phase I. Still got 2 more to go. Also 2 more for URL and 33 Park Ave will have another tower!!!

JSQ Phase 1 C.Estevez by Christopher Estevez, on Flickr

Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 5:55 PM

3D google maps has updated the Jersey City skyline. Bunch of new buildings have been added that haven't existed for several years!

Old Posted Feb 15, 2018, 2:28 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

16-Story Project Revealed At 711 Montgomery Street, Jersey City

Quote:
711 Montgomery Street in Jersey City has sold to Sequoia Development Group for an undisclosed amount. The sellers, Florida-based Rescore Montgomery LLC, had purchased the site in April 2015 for $4.5 million. Sequoia Development Group joined a partnership with Grid Real Estate to work on the development. The 16-story project is expected to yield 309 apartments, and today YIMBY has the first look at renderings.

It is located a half mile from the Journal Square transport center, serviced by the PATH, connecting the city with Manhattan. Proposed mixed-use functions for the site include a hotel, movie theater, affordable housing, educational facilities, and student dormitories.

Renderings reveal a modernist design, balancing the design with darker grey masonry on the base of the structure, with lighter grey panels and white column-like masonry elements. Marchetto Higgins, Stieve Architects is responsible for the design.

That building will see roughly 19 percent of apartments sold at affordable rates, and Marchetto Higgins, Stieve Architects is also responsible for the design, and it will rise 16 stories and yield 282 apartments.
====================
NYY

Old Posted Feb 15, 2018, 2:43 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

JERSEY CITY | 121 Garabrant Street | FT | 6 FLOORS

Project: 121 Garabrant Street

Quote:
One street that could be home to many of these newcomers is Garabrant Street, a small dead-end block off of Johnston Avenue. A legal notice shows that a Jersey City developer named Garabrant, LLC will construct a 75-unit rental project on and around 121 Garabrant Street. When completed, this six-story development is also slated to include 27 parking spaces for residents.

Point Capital Development, which developed the neighborhood’s transformative Baker Building, is behind this project. According to company founder John Fio Rito, the units will be a mixture of one-bedrooms, two-bedrooms, and studios. Fio Rito told Jersey Digs that the development will be built by Fields Construction and designed by Avoid Obvious Architects and Palermo Edwards Architecture. Construction is expected to begin on March 1st and be completed by May 2019.

The Jersey City Municipal Council is scheduled to vote on whether to grant final passage to the tax exemption proposal during its meeting this Wednesday, February 14th at 6:00 p.m. The Council already passed the ordinance on first reading during its Jan. 24 meeting.
=====================
JC Digs

Old Posted Feb 17, 2018, 12:15 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

JERSEY CITY | 622 Summit Avenue | FT | 9 FLOORS

Project: 622 Summit Avenue

Quote:
622 Summit is set to contain 34 residential units and bring a somewhat different look to the area, as much of the landscape is dominated by older housing. Large windows and angled front façades are featured in the development, and certain units in the building will sport balconies.

The development was granted variances by the board for overall height, number of stories, and floor-to-floor height in connection with the proposed structure. Because it falls within the aforementioned redevelopment plan, no affordable housing units are included in the project. A timeline for a groundbreaking or buildout has yet to be announced.
=====================
JC Digs

Old Posted Feb 17, 2018, 1:19 AM
Show me the blueprints

^^^Very nice

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 4:23 PM

^ A couple nice new proposals!!

622 Summit Wow!

New stuff from JCRA:
A) Namdar Group (Effy Namdar- Homestead Assembleage LLC) to
make a presentation to the Board forthe construction of a mixed use
27 story buildingto contain approximately 450 units all with ground
floor retail/commercial along the new Central Avenue extension
road.

B) Namdar Group (Effy Namdar) with an entity to be formed by
them will make a presentation to the Board for the construction of
3 mixed use multi story buildings to contain a total of a mixed use
project multi family five story project with ground floor
commercial/retail as well as a roof top amenities.

C)LandmarkDeveloper,LLC to make a presentationto the Boardfor
the construction of 120 unit hotel with ground floor amenities and
associated parking. The Morris' will be a rustic brick based building
to blend into the industrial style surrounding buildings.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2018, 3:35 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Made a gif file show casing the status of 75 Park Lane South.

Credit for the u/c shot goes to the726 @ YIMBY. Rendering goes to Marchetto Higgins Stieve.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2018, 12:45 AM

Urby II - construction planned for early 2019, 750 units, still needs planning board site plan approval

25 Chistopher Columbs Drive - construction planned for late 2018, 718 units, fully approved

Harborside Plaza 8 - construction pushed back to early 2019 from originally planned 2018 start. 679 units, needs planning board approval but density allowance is there.

Harborside Plaza 9 - scaled back! This was suppose to be my secret site for a 100 story building. Original plans called for 1,325 units but now only 1,060 are contemplated. It will still be a sizeable building, rivaling 99 Hudson. Start date ??? at least well after Harborside Plaza 8 is finished and leased up. I wonder if they've converted some of the density allowance to retail/offices??

Urby III Blah, 750 units, still needs planning board site plan approval, don't expect it breaking ground until 2020+.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2018, 4:56 PM

Homestead Walkway, Journal Square

Phase 1: 27-story building with 350 units and reconstruction of Synagogue at 35 Cottage Street

Phase 2: 25-story building with 220 units at 26-28 Van Reipen Avenue

Phase 3: 20-story building with 180 units at 26-28 Cottage Street

All fronting a new pedestrian walkway called the Homestead Walkway from Cottage to the PATH connection at Journal Squared.

Central Avenue Extension, Journal Square

The same developer, Namdar Group, plans a 27-story building at 630-632 Newark Avenue and along a new extended Central Avenue.

268-273 Communipaw Avenue

Site currently owned by NJ Transit, but will be developed into 120-unit hotel.

100 Hoboken Avenue

5-story, 140 unit building

Old Posted Feb 23, 2018, 6:20 PM

Looks like there is activity at 700 Washington Blvd site. The site is part of Newport. They had renderings up on a billboard at the site for many years, but that sign was removed recently. They are wrapping up on Ellipse, so it is possible they are starting the next big project now.

To me this is one of the best sites available. It is enormous and is very close to Hoboken PATH, light rail, ferries, and trains. So much potential here.

I first noticed a couple weeks ago they took down the concrete mixing operation that was on site for at least 5 years. The past two weeks they've been doing lots of excavation of some sort. Will keep an eye on it for more progress or hints at plans.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2018, 7:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc_alex View Post
Looks like there is activity at 700 Washington Blvd site. The site is part of Newport. They had renderings up on a billboard at the site for many years, but that sign was removed recently. They are wrapping up on Ellipse, so it is possible they are starting the next big project now.

To me this is one of the best sites available. It is enormous and is very close to Hoboken PATH, light rail, ferries, and trains. So much potential here.

I first noticed a couple weeks ago they took down the concrete mixing operation that was on site for at least 5 years. The past two weeks they've been doing lots of excavation of some sort. Will keep an eye on it for more progress or hints at plans.
So much potential, but it's comically bad what we're getting:

Watch out for the sealevel rise in that first pic.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2018, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIA View Post
So much potential, but it's comically bad what we're getting:

Watch out for the sealevel rise in that first pic.
That is exactly as you said, comically bad.

I don't understand what is stopping a 50+ story tower here. They had no problem fully leasing the Ellipse very quickly at $4+/sqft.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2018, 12:37 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Was looking at some stats, and NJ passed the 9 million mark. At 9,032,872 for 2018, current population.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2018, 2:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc_alex View Post
That is exactly as you said, comically bad.

I don't understand what is stopping a 50+ story tower here. They had no problem fully leasing the Ellipse very quickly at $4+/sqft.
It's not the developers holding back. They want to build tall as they can charge more per sqft on higher floors. Ellipse was a resounding success. It leased quickly even thought it had the highest rents in Jersey City, on par with several neighborhoods in Manhattan across the river.

I believe I've heard it's a NIMBY issue, and not from an area you'd expect. Something about view corridors from the Palisades.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2018, 3:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIA View Post
It's not the developers holding back. They want to build tall as they can charge more per sqft on higher floors. Ellipse was a resounding success. It leased quickly even thought it had the highest rents in Jersey City, on par with several neighborhoods in Manhattan across the river.

I believe I've heard it's a NIMBY issue, and not from an area you'd expect. Something about view corridors from the Palisades.
That's ridiculous... but the "don't you dare block my view" Nimbyism is just as bad as the "don't go tall and dense and ruin the character of our neighborhood" kind. Really, the LeFraks should either not care and build whatever will sell well anyway... or if they are going more midrise than tall not to cause any waves, they should at least go with striking, at least compelling designs. The ones slated for this last undeveloped part of the Newport waterfront in the renderings are stunningly mediocre, headscratching in their lack of imagination and style. That's the best I can say for them... wow, it's bad.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2018, 4:09 AM
Show me the blueprints

What's the "ghosted" massing behind it in the rendering? A second phase?

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Mar 3, 2018, 2:40 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

New 27 floor tower proposed for Jersey City with 450 units.

JERSEY CITY | 630-632 Newark Avenue | FT | 27 FLOORS

Thread: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=232400

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations