HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Today, 12:39 AM
A.K.A. Vigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
The problem is that:

1) Most those states leave it to the city/county.

2) Most those states' population hubs aren't remotely as bad.

It's not fair to compare Salt Lake City's strained liquor laws to that of Amarillo, Texas.

It's not just the privatized liquor stores or sad last call or even the fact we have 3.2 beer - it's the other laws that make it more difficult for businesses to operate with a liquor license.

Thing is, when you add 'em all together, it's much worse.
It wouldn't be so bad if we had more liquor stores with decent hours and competitive pricing. I challenge you to go to the 200W store on a Friday or Saturday night and try parking... it is causing tragic problems and makes me wonder if the building is exceeding maximum capacity.

Is it even legal for Utah to take control of an industry and then goug the prices to beyond what's reasonable? They should at least need to adhere to industry standards. It's like over 14$ to by a 6 pack of mikes hard lemonade... Same thing cost like 8$ at privately owned stores... how do they justify this?

I think it would be cool if 10s of thousands of people started engaging the state in litigation.... get the state caught up with huge legal fees.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West