HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 4, 2018, 2:41 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderOz View Post
Not sure if anyone's seen this, but there'll be a new airline at MSY with seasonal non stops to Minneapolis starting in the fall.

Never heard of them, but guess they're a regional provider?

https://www.suncountry.com/About/News/2018-05-02.html
Sun country used to service here years ago ... believe it or not its basically an airline that serves Minnesotans and flies them to warm vacation destinations ...but good to see them back regardless

Speaking of air service .. i wouldnt expect too many new things announced for the airport since we are getting closer to moving to the new one.. in fact id bet this sun country is the last new service announcement for the current airport since its scheduled from september - december.. right before new airport opens.

However, in the new airport contact sheets include Aeromexico and Thomas Cook Airlines so I would suspect those new airlines will be bringing regular service here to the new airport.. guessing service announcements in the late summer early fall

Last edited by tennis1400; May 4, 2018 at 3:23 PM.

Old Posted May 4, 2018, 3:30 PM
-

2228 Gravier Street

Old Posted May 4, 2018, 3:32 PM
-

2424 Tulane

Some more pictures of the groundbreaking

West Harrison Construction:

Old Posted May 4, 2018, 7:00 PM
-

1600 Magazine St·New Construction · Ref Code: WS8W4W
Download (1) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Cornelius Payne
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
5/4/2018
Closed:
No
Description
New construction of multi-family building for commercial commercial short term rental and/or bed and principal breakfast per plans. 3 story building, 5 short term rental units and commercial space

Old Posted May 4, 2018, 8:29 PM

May 2018 Airport Aerial Photo

Old Posted May 6, 2018, 3:23 PM
-

Four Seasons Renderings

Old Posted May 6, 2018, 10:23 PM

The renderings of the Four Seasons look great. Glad construction has finally commenced.

Old Posted May 7, 2018, 6:31 PM
-

2930 Burgundy St·New Construction · Ref Code: 807ZV2
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Philip Goldberg
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
5/7/2018
Closed:
No
Description
NEW CONSTRUCTION APARTMENTS WITH AMENITIES AND NEW CONSTRUCTION RETAIL

Total Fees:
Unpaid Fees:

Ok the new design review wasnt there when i saw the permit.. will post the new look

Good to see this one moving forward with construction.. this combined with Via Latrobe across the street will dramatically change this area

Last edited by tennis1400; May 8, 2018 at 4:43 PM.

Old Posted May 8, 2018, 3:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Philip Goldberg
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
5/7/2018
Closed:
No
Description

Total Fees:
Unpaid Fees:

Good to see this one moving forward with construction.. this combined with Via Latrobe across the street will dramatically change this area
I think that's the old rendering. Looking on onestop it shows plans with a new, decidedly less inspiring design; at least for the main building. It's now just a white box. I downloaded the file but can't find a website with the image to insert the link.

Does anyone recall if they will need any waivers or conditional uses to build this, or do they just need design approval from HDLC?
I know they are presenting to the Bywater Neighborhood Association tonight.

Regarding Via Latrobe, I recall that getting Council approval back in 2015, but nothing has been done or even demo begun there yet. Anyone know what the holdup is?

Old Posted May 8, 2018, 3:47 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpecialMan View Post
I think that's the old rendering. Looking on onestop it shows plans with a new, decidedly less inspiring design; at least for the main building. It's now just a white box. I downloaded the file but can't find a website with the image to insert the link.

Does anyone recall if they will need any waivers or conditional uses to build this, or do they just need design approval from HDLC?
I know they are presenting to the Bywater Neighborhood Association tonight.

Regarding Via Latrobe, I recall that getting Council approval back in 2015, but nothing has been done or even demo begun there yet. Anyone know what the holdup is?
I know they got something approved at board of appeals a few months ago ... something to do with construction process

Old Posted May 8, 2018, 4:57 PM
-

Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Philip Goldberg
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
5/7/2018
Closed:
No
Description

Total Fees:
Unpaid Fees:

its different.. i like how the pool deck is cantilevered and the coloring is kind of neat.. this will fit in well with via latrobe and the look that are going for too

Old Posted May 8, 2018, 6:15 PM

I have a question: When I go back and look at news articles over the years about expansion of MSY, even before the North Terminal site was selected, the airport was always fixated on 42 gates. What's up with that number?

Old Posted May 8, 2018, 7:15 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
I have a question: When I go back and look at news articles over the years about expansion of MSY, even before the North Terminal site was selected, the airport was always fixated on 42 gates. What's up with that number?
Dont quote me on this but if i remember correctly whatever scheme was chosen needed to be able to accomodate a minimum of 42 gates

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 12:58 AM
-

Canopy of Peace

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 6:50 AM

Nearly 18 million visitors to New Orleans in 2017. A new record. Fully expect to see that broken again this year.

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orlea...4ffdf5e01.html

Quote:
Visitation was up 5.7 percent to 17.74 million, compared to a year earlier, while spending increased 6.0 percent, according to D.K. Shifflet & Associates’ research commissioned by the city’s leading tourism marketing organizations.
Quote:
Increased spending came in at 12.3 percent higher in lodging to $1.87 billion; 7.2 percent in entertainment and recreation to $1.1 billion; 8.3 percent in food and beverage to $2.1 billion; 3.8 percent in shopping to $885 million; and 1.7 percent in transportation to $2.7 billion.

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 3:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
no clue but the days of that float barn and buku fest being in that area are probably numbered
Hopefully this accident speeds up the redevelopment instead of significantly delaying it:
http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orlea...ff371ceaf.html

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 3:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlidellWx View Post
Nearly 18 million visitors to New Orleans in 2017. A new record. Fully expect to see that broken again this year.

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orlea...4ffdf5e01.html
Great to see tourism numbers continuing to trend upward. Does anyone know why there is such as discrepancy between the UNO study numbers (around 11 million visitors) and these numbers from the Advocate article (around 17.7 million visitors)?

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 4:12 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
Hopefully this accident speeds up the redevelopment instead of significantly delaying it:
http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orlea...ff371ceaf.html
Will be interesting to see where buku and mardi gras head when redevelopment happens and this accident may accelrate that timeline.

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 4:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
The current terminal has 42 gates, although not all are in regular use. The original plans for the NT were 30, expandable to 42, but the first phase of that expansion was put into action, bringing it to 35. Presumably you'd be able to expand east to mirror the extension to the west to get another 5-7 gates, but I've heard mixed things about that, given the proximity to the runway and taxiways. Even so, I doubt the 42 gate number is still valid, because all of the gates were redesigned for more space once we started getting multiple international widebodies.

Also worth noting that they are required to keep at least the six most recently built rotunda gates on Concourse D in operation for a few more years due to a federal grant. The current plan is to use it only for charter operations, but it could probably be opened up fully if carriers wanted it.

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
The current terminal has 42 gates, although not all are in regular use. The original plans for the NT were 30, expandable to 42, but the first phase of that expansion was put into action, bringing it to 35. Presumably you'd be able to expand east to mirror the extension to the west to get another 5-7 gates, but I've heard mixed things about that, given the proximity to the runway and taxiways. Even so, I doubt the 42 gate number is still valid, because all of the gates were redesigned for more space once we started getting multiple international widebodies.

Also worth noting that they are required to keep at least the six most recently built rotunda gates on Concourse D in operation for a few more years due to a federal grant. The current plan is to use it only for charter operations, but it could probably be opened up fully if carriers wanted it.
The final blueprint for the new airport terminal can definitely accommodate 42 gates. The current expansion they did to 5 gates is an in between, because the plans call for two more concourses to extend off the main body, while this expansion they added only adds to the side and not the shorter arm like the existing two. So the other side would be extended some, but the 6 gates there would really come from another concourse jutting outward from the main, linear body.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations