HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted May 14, 2017, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedog View Post
I would suspect the COE probably has some fairly intelligent people working for them that know all about vehicular traffic numbers and such.
The same COE that can't build or rehab a single bridge without a big screw-up, the same COE that can't design efficient LRT at grade without at least one or more monumental intersection failures, the same COE that used a faulty mix of asphalt for decades that has since left vast swathes of the streets crumbling years before they should be?

That COE? Intelligent?

Old Posted May 14, 2017, 5:47 PM

For me, the ice district sidewalks are okay.It is wide enough for events and it doesn't look deserted on off nights. 4th street is designed for a neighbourhood strip and it is doing just fine.

Old Posted May 31, 2017, 3:44 PM
designer extrodinnaire

Arena District Local Advisory Committee Meeting last night. Pertinent highlights:

- EPS responses up in area (due to more officers), calls to EPS down 8%
- Rogers Place over Rexall transit use down 15%. No real understanding of this other than speculate more people already Downtown pre-game and staying there.
- Rogers Place up for many local and US award nominations
- LEED Silver documentation being processed
- Downtown Community Arena usage is up from last fall. One Adult shinny time cancelled due to non-use, but other public skate times being added.
- To end of 2016, CRL brought in $9m tax revenue from new development.
- Update on Norquest College Hospitality Program - $1m donation for bursaries from Edmonton Oilers Foundation, so far 456 certificates . OEG/Bissell Centre looking to recruit 20 people here soon. 45 spots available in June for those interested.
- Rogers/OEG staff retention has been 90%

Parking
- Patrons surveyed happy about parking options. No major concerns.
- 7100 tickets issued over season.
- ePark - now has 800 machines with 16,800 accounts for 1.9m transactions. 7000 transactions/day.
- Looking to reduce rates in lower demand areas. Looking to change maximum times depending on adjacent uses.
- Central McDougall - 50% of stalls are now 2hr. max. This seems to have helped with parking issues for residents and businesses in the area.
- Playoffs - parking bans on Jasper Avenue and Whyte Avenue will continue in the future.
- Mobile camera enforcement coming. RFP out, testing in June. 4 vehicles total. Similar to what Calgary has.
- ePark installed in library and city hall parkades. Canada Place is next. Signage will be installed at entrances to show whether parkade full or not.

Old Posted May 31, 2017, 4:33 PM
Community Guy

Great recap.

I will be speaking to our Mayor and Council about this one... not pleased.

- Playoffs - parking bans on Jasper Avenue and Whyte Avenue will continue in the future.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted May 31, 2017, 5:01 PM
Made in Edmonton

^ This is horse shite.

I cant even believe this was tabled!

^^ Thanks for the new info on Ice etc.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2017, 3:55 PM

Old Posted Jun 15, 2017, 4:59 PM

From glendroid on C2E:

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton