HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jun 21, 2017, 1:47 PM

http://leaderpost.com/news/local-new...wascana-centre
P3Architecture chosen to design Conexus building in Wascana Centre Ashley Martin, Regina Leader-Post Ashley Martin, Regina Leader-Post
More from Ashley Martin, Regina Leader-Post

Old Posted Jun 21, 2017, 2:33 PM

http://leaderpost.com/feature/building-the-dream

Even though new Mosaic Stadium is just three blocks away from the old one, it's been a long, winding road to get here.

Rob Vanstone, Regina Leader-Post

Regina Leader-Post

A brainstorm during a rainstorm pushed the once-unthinkable Mosaic Stadium project over the goal line.
While driving to Regina later that day, Cheveldayoff had a hands-free telephone conversation with Wall.

“I remember letting him know that I think we had come to an agreement,” Cheveldayoff says. “He was quite excited about it as well. It was a special time, a special day.”

All because of a breakthrough proposal regarding the $100 million.

“It was really the driving force that brought the whole thing down and said,‘ Well, we can do this,’ ” Brandvold says. “Then it took some time for everybody to play those numbers through and figure out the final conclusions. Then it was the final moment of saying,‘This is doable.’

Great picture at the bottom of story

Old Posted Jun 21, 2017, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefourthtower View Post
http://leaderpost.com/feature/building-the-dream

Even though new Mosaic Stadium is just three blocks away from the old one, it's been a long, winding road to get here.

Rob Vanstone, Regina Leader-Post

Regina Leader-Post

A brainstorm during a rainstorm pushed the once-unthinkable Mosaic Stadium project over the goal line.
While driving to Regina later that day, Cheveldayoff had a hands-free telephone conversation with Wall.

“I remember letting him know that I think we had come to an agreement,” Cheveldayoff says. “He was quite excited about it as well. It was a special time, a special day.”

All because of a breakthrough proposal regarding the $100 million.

“It was really the driving force that brought the whole thing down and said,‘ Well, we can do this,’ ” Brandvold says. “Then it took some time for everybody to play those numbers through and figure out the final conclusions. Then it was the final moment of saying,‘This is doable.’

Great picture at the bottom of story
Ha ha! They talk as if they were the ones coming up with the $100 million shortfall.

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellk12 View Post
there hasnt been details yet, but our parcel Y east office tower ( 13 storeys ) is starting in a couple months, and another 8-10 storey office tower will ( should ) be beginning this summer also, the companies didnt provide who will occupy but with the potash-agrium merger, our east office tower here sounds pretty promising for that company.

i cant say for sure...thats just my opinion
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...rien-1.4171803

Potash Corp., Agrium to be called Nutrien once merger closes

Merger expected to close in Q3 of this year
Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan and Agrium Inc. of Calgary have announced a new merging company name: Nutrien.

NOT GOOD

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPP View Post
Ha ha! They talk as if they were the ones coming up with the $100 million shortfall.
I certainly didn't interpret it that way. They came up with a workable solution for it. And certainly, it is fair that users of the stadium should have to directly pay a significant amount of its cost.

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:09 PM

Sears has announced there cornwall location is closing. The Sears Home is being advertised as being on lease from Colliers. Have we seen the last of Sears in Regina?

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sastaunik44 View Post
Sears has announced there cornwall location is closing. The Sears Home is being advertised as being on lease from Colliers. Have we seen the last of Sears in Regina?
The company says all locations not on the closing list will remain open. That would seem to include the Regina Sears Home.

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:30 PM

I wonder what the mall could put in there, it's a very large footprint. The return of a movie theatre to the mall? Too late for that I think, considering the new one headed for the east end.

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:42 PM

Cue the IKEA rumours since they are now setting up a delivery (but not retail) point in Regina (12th Ave west of Park St). It won't be them in Cornwall though. I could see Cornwall dividing up the Sears location into multiple retail spaces.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:18 PM

Drew Postey‏ @Drew__Postey
Old Weston Bakery Building in #yqr will become The Local Market. A unique retail, restaurant and distribution centre. #sask

This building got heritage designation in the last year, did it not? Would there have been grants available for the restoration?

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Hey team. I was meaning to post this idea for a long time. With all the rumors of Sears slowly closing all of its stores in Canada at some point in the future, I was thinking about how to utilize the current Cornwall Centre Sears location. It is a pretty large chunk of retail space and unless the Cornwall builds up, I can't see them being able to lure larger floor plate tenants without doing this. Also, this would allow for some street front retail access to add some life to the north Sask Drive side and to the east Hamilton Street side.

Thought I would repost this, as Sears at the Cornwall is now confirmed to be closing. I also absolutely hope they the Cornwall will use this opportunity to open up the street front of Saskatchewan Drive and Hamilton Street. This is a huge opportunity!

Old Posted Today, 12:10 AM

http://leaderpost.com/business/local...house-district

This article has a little info about what's going on with the market planned for the old Weston's building. It will include Local & Fresh's grocery store, a food court/lunch counter/coffee shop with pop up vendors, and an events space. There's also a video announcement on the Local & Fresh Facebook page, but the LP article actually has more information. Can't wait to see it! Should be open in the fall.

Old Posted Today, 2:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrannyMuffin View Post
I posted this in the restaurant thread but I thought I'd put it in here too because it got me thinking, I swear I remember seeing somewhere that a few of the buildings in that area of 11th (between Winnipeg and Broad) had renovations planned, but I don't remember where I heard it and as far as I can tell nothing's really been done. Did I make that all up??
This was bugging me so I did a quick Google search and found these posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandyUnderworld View Post
Any more information about this:

Development in Heritage: A report from Planning Commission recommends the approval of a proposed mixed-use building at 1440 11th Ave The proposed development would contain space for 3 restaurants, a convenience store, a grocery store and 5 residential units.

http://www.shawnfraser.ca/council_ag...gust_29th_2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Hmm it now appears that the owner is proposing to add a second floor. This building had a second floor 30 years ago but the top floor was demoed after a fire.

To:
His Worship the Mayor
and Members of City Council
My reference number is PRC16-45.
This building is located at 11th Ave, old china town. People never know it is china town because no many Chinese living here or doing business here.
There are 3 Asian food restaurant nearby this building. They are Korean food, Philippine food and Vietnamese food. There is a Hongkong bakery here as well, and a indian food going to open.
I want to have another 2 aisan food here, Chinese food and Japanese food. To make it as a Asian food street. People will surely like it.
The second floor I would like to build 5 apartments. There is a bus stop in front of our building and many restaurant. It is very close to downtown.
Those 5 apartments will available for sell and rent. Young couples who works in Downtown will like to have a apartment here.
This building will be a Chinese style building as the picture showing. The windows and the edge of the roof will be Chinese style.
I would like to start from this building to let people kno
know here is a China town or an Asian town.
I will be able to answer any questions that City Council may have and please attach a copy of the
graphic with the agenda.
Thanks
Bo Chen

Ottawa Street Side 1967:

Current: https://www.google.ca/maps/place/177...4d-104.6005638
This might be what I was thinking about. It's been a little while since I was down there, but I don't think they've done anything yet?

Old Posted Today, 6:58 AM

Went to the Southland Cineplex this past week. I was pleased with the new chairs. Extremely comfortable, though sadly only the legs raise up and the back does not recline. But still absolutely better than before. They just need to get new signage (the outside is brutal, faded and doesnt fully turn on), renovate the bathrooms and paint the interior lobby and hall to the theatres as it is so 1990's.

Old Posted Today, 6:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrannyMuffin View Post
This was bugging me so I did a quick Google search and found these posts:

This might be what I was thinking about. It's been a little while since I was down there, but I don't think they've done anything yet?
nothing has been done

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan