HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Closed Thread

Old Posted Aug 10, 2020, 7:54 AM
Skyriser

README: Forum Guidelines

I have had a whale of a time with this place lately.

RECENT POSTS

With respects to recent posts, I do not like bringing out bazookas but my hand was recently forced.

If you antagonize this forum and/or myself while breaking its rules you will be gone.

Fortunately this place should be a bit more peaceful from now on after cleaning it out.

ANTANGONISTIC POSTS

I reserve the right to forward complaints to “abuse” contacts.. ISPs and employers are all fair game. There are also laws against online harassment and circumventing account restrictions. Do not lose your job or your connection by being a dick.

If you are banned, temporarily or otherwise, just stay off. Do not make me bring out artillery if bazookas don’t work.

DIRECT MESSAGING

If you think you’re going to get a word in direct messaging other forumers and I get a complaint, I have no way to verify it and I will forward it to administrators. Those guys are MUCH stricter than I will ever be so just stop and ignore it or please just don’t start.

PLEASE JUST IGNORE WHEN POSSIBLE

AGAIN, if you have a consistent problem with another forumer, just add them to your ignore list. Please ask me for assistance in doing this. If necessary. I could conceivably moderate interpersonal discussions as well because I don’t want people blocking each other.

OFF-TOPIC DISCUSSION

Finally here’s my general policy when it comes to off topic discussions.

I’m fine with them so long is they 1) stay civil and 2) don’t drown out development news.

The last neighborhood discussion fiasco come with a lot of baggage and personal attacks. I didn’t want to move it to another thread because it would’ve included those.

I encourage you to start new threads if there’s something that warrants a discussion beyond what I can conceive of. But what I will not support is personalities vs personalities, and that's why I had to axe what happened with blood on my blade.

ANOTHER FINALLY...

Please direct message me if you have any questions about forum policy. I am completely open to changes.

Last edited by combusean; Aug 10, 2020 at 8:42 AM.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2020, 3:20 AM
Modulator

Image and Article Posting Guidelines

I feel I need to post this as I've recently reviewed a post that was reported for being against posting guidelines.

As a new mod, I feel I should probably step up and point this out to avoid reported postings in the future or any issues that may come up from improperly posted articles. I've also been guilty of doing this myself in the past as quite honestly, I thought it was allowed as long as the article source was specified with a link to the article. However, this turns out to be incorrect.

The posting guidelines for some reason seems to be hard to locate. But here are the article and image posting guidelines that should be followed:

Quote:
Third-party articles and images must be properly formatted and credited.

Images
When posting images in the forum which are not your own you are required to provide credit to the originating website of each image.

To properly credit an image please include, above or below the image, the name of the photographer or creator of the image, plus the URL to the webpage the image originates from.

Please note that simply posting the URL of the image as text (along with displaying the image) is not adequate. Additionally, posting just the domain name portion of a URL is not adequate either. The URL must link to a page within the originating website which actually displays the image.

When posting multiple images originating from the same source it is acceptable to give credit just once at the top of the list of images.

Internet memes don't need to be credited.

Articles
Articles, such as news articles or blog posts, must be posted in a special way to avoid copyright infringement. Information about the source of the article must be given and only the beginning portion of the article text may be posted.

When posting an article please include the following information:
- the title of the article,
- the author's name,
- the name of the publication,
- the date of publication,
- a URL to the original article,
- only the first few sentences or the first paragraph of the article (not the entire article).

The exact format you use is up to you but it must contain the above information.
Thank you for following this for future postings

End

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest