HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Nov 25, 2012, 12:12 AM
BANNED

Well, CA has quite an image problem as well, but that doesn't Really matter.

I guess we have different experiences. I would hope that youd take into account that you're in the ultra left wing stronghold of bay area politics.

In SD, Arizonans get a bad rap mainly bc of their touristy nature in the summer, much like How Arizonans feel about snowbirds in there. But overall, many people admire much about the AZ, after all, without Zonies, the local economy would suffer.

Very rarely do I hear people complain about outside state politics. If they do, then they probably have an agenda. Californians have enough to worry about here. And San Diegans have much more to worry about the goings on in SD County versus other parts of CA. (Chargers, roads, schools etc...)

Regardless, nearly 50% of the population will always chose one side of the political spectrum isn't Texas booming?....AZ has nothing to worry about, people will still come to the state, as long as it remains affordable.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2020, 8:21 PM
Skyriser

I'm old af so I figured I'd bring this back:

My message to the Maricopa County Community College District:

Quote:
To whom it may concern:

I have an idea that is perhaps a long time coming for the Phoenix area when it comes to higher education.

Why doesn't Phoenix have institutions like Stanford University?

If the College District can issue a billion dollars worth of bonds like it did in 2004, maybe it should be able to do it again.

I propose an approximate $1 billion bond issue to build and endow a pinnacle university for the Phoenix area on par with the highest institutions of learning across the country.

The facility would be operated by a non-profit entity, perhaps even an extension of Stanford, or otherwise signify to the nation that Phoenix wants to play a ball in this game.

My proposed location is on 19th Avenue and Lower Buckeye on a landfill already owned by the City of Phoenix with lots of room to start off and expand with cheap land costs.

This facility would attract the trailblazers of tomorrow and cement Maricopa County as a future in higher learning.

Thank you for your consideration,

Old Posted Nov 30, 2020, 9:27 PM

With the Marijuana tax and high income tax almost entirely earmarked for education they better do something worthwhile with all the money.

But lets be real half of it will go into administrative bloat and bureaucratic waste

Old Posted Dec 1, 2020, 5:01 AM
Skyriser

I haven't been following the pot legalization measure but you bring up a good point--I do know it's been a windfall for Colorado taxpayers.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2020, 12:33 PM
self-important urbanista

The funds are earmarked as follows:

• 33.0% to community colleges
• 31.4% to local law enforcement and fire departments
• 25.4% to the state and local transportation programs
• 10.0% to public health and criminal justice programs
• 0.2% to the Attorney General for enforcement

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest