HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Nov 12, 2019, 3:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I believe TVA Sports is only showing the Uteck which is the one the Carabins are playing in. There isn't much of an incentive for them to show the Mitchell simply for the curiosity of who *might* play against the UdeM in the Vanier Cup. They'd never send a crew out there for a game between an Ontario and a western team, though esquire says there might be cameras and a feed available (CBC streaming?). I also wonder if a local station might not broadcast the Mitchell - maybe ON TV (CHCH) out of Hamilton or some Calgary channel?

The Vanier Cup will be on the CBC main TV network.

All of this really brings home just how much U Sports football (or U Sports in general) coverage sucks in general.

Ironically you have more channels than ever with (arguably) less coverage than ever.
I'll give them credit for getting games on television, but good lord almighty it seems that every game is on some different service.

Hardy Cup on Shaw PPV. Mitchell Bowl on TVA Sports. This game on CBC streaming, that game on pokerstars.net, who the hell knows anymore.

U Sports really needs to get this together.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2019, 4:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I believe TVA Sports is only showing the Uteck which is the one the Carabins are playing in. There isn't much of an incentive for them to show the Mitchell simply for the curiosity of who *might* play against the UdeM in the Vanier Cup. They'd never send a crew out there for a game between an Ontario and a western team, though esquire says there might be cameras and a feed available (CBC streaming?). I also wonder if a local station might not broadcast the Mitchell - maybe ON TV (CHCH) out of Hamilton or some Calgary channel?

The Vanier Cup will be on the CBC main TV network.

All of this really brings home just how much U Sports football (or U Sports in general) coverage sucks in general.

Ironically you have more channels than ever with (arguably) less coverage than ever.
No surprise when our national sports broadcaster (TSN) refuses to show any USports but goes absolutely nuts over NCAA.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2019, 4:26 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I'll give them credit for getting games on television, but good lord almighty it seems that every game is on some different service.

Hardy Cup on Shaw PPV. Mitchell Bowl on TVA Sports. This game on CBC streaming, that game on pokerstars.net, who the hell knows anymore.

U Sports really needs to get this together.
Just to clarify - as far as I can see this Saturday's Mitchell Bowl is not on TVA Sports. They're only showing the Uteck.

As for blame, I wouldn't put that much on U Sports as I am sure they and others such as the CHL probably knock on doors at TSN, Sportsnet, CBC, CTV, Global, etc. all the time. But most of the time no one's interested in showing their product.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2019, 4:32 PM

^ It's weird because someone is going to the trouble of doing production, just that it ends up on obscure, seemingly random outlets. For instance, the Hardy Cup was actually well done from what I could see, it was a proper HD feed on Bell MTS PPV (unlike the Shaw WHL game of the week which was still in SD last time I was a Shaw customer a few years ago) with good graphics and announcers. It wouldn't have looked out of place on an actual sports channel.

The funny thing is I know Shaw carries the Big Ten Network so their customers can watch every Purdue softball game if they so desire... maybe it's time for U Sports to get its act together and create its own channel.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2019, 9:46 PM

Lapo high on BC's list for new head coach. I hope he stays in Winnipeg as very likely O'shea heads home to Toronto after this season.

https://3downnation.com/2019/11/12/b...andidate-list/

Old Posted Nov 16, 2019, 3:49 AM

Can't wait for Sunday if this doesn't fire Bomber fans up nothing will:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/11/...zach-collaros/

Old Posted Nov 16, 2019, 1:52 PM

^ Thank you Blue Bomber living legend Zach Collaros for those inspiring words... They've got me PUMPED!

Old Posted Nov 17, 2019, 4:11 AM

Henry Burris checking in late just now. I assume the panel will be in Hamilton.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2019, 9:17 PM

The CFL would be even better if TSN put half as much effort into their regular season broadcasts as they did with Ham/Edm, Show looked good.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 12:30 AM

Bombers vs Ticats in Grey Cup....at least someone's grey cup-less streak is going to end!

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 12:41 AM

God that was a nerve racking game to watch, instant classic. Great job Bombers and especially Collaros! 2 down one more to go to break the 29 year curse.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 12:44 AM
Go Tall or Go Home

I'm smiling about both games today.
Cheering for the Bombers in GC but if I was betting I'd go with the Cats.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 12:47 AM

If the weather is cold in Calgary like last week I like the Bombers chances a lot more. This West Final was one of the most physical and aggressive defensive battles I have seen in a long time just a dog fight the Bombers-Riders rivalry is even hotter if that's even possible.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 12:51 AM

My friend Paul on facebook posted this gave me a good chuckle:

Looks like Alberta and Saskatchewan have successfully Wexit'ed the CFL playoffs.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craner View Post
I'm smiling about both games today. Cheering for the Bombers in GC but if I was betting I'd go with the Cats.
Ditto on that but I like the Bombers. Great old traditional GC matchup, should have lots of interest.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 1:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
If the weather is cold in Calgary like last week I like the Bombers chances a lot more. This West Final was one of the most physical and aggressive defensive battles I have seen in a long time just a dog fight the Bombers-Riders rivalry is even hotter if that's even possible.
Unfortunately for the Bombers (biut fortunate for Calgarians) next Saturday it's supposed to be +13C in Calgary, so Sunday will probably be decent.

Congrats on the Bomber win, it was well deserved. Not even allowing the Riders a touchdown, and doing it in their building.

Nice that the two teams with the longest Grey Cup drought are in the final. Somebody's drought is going to end.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 1:30 AM

Was Ploen vs Faloney in the 50's and 60's, Clements vs Brock in 1984 and now Collaros vs Evans this year just another chapter in the Bombers-Ti Cats rivalry 9th time they meet in the Grey Cup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4B_ybNN9es&t=401s

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 1:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
My friend Paul on facebook posted this gave me a good chuckle:

Looks like Alberta and Saskatchewan have successfully Wexit'ed the CFL playoffs.
Ha ha! Good one.

The Riders inability in the Red Zone cost them the win. Full marks to the Bombers for the win.

Now go win the cup for the Eastern Prairies!

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 1:41 AM
Starring as himself

It's the 9th straight time that Winnipeg has played Hamilton as the representative of the West in the Grey Cup, dating back to 1953. We last played Toronto in 1950 and Ottawa in 1941. There has never been a Winnipeg-Montreal Grey Cup.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 1:47 AM
Starring as himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
Ha ha! Good one.

The Riders inability in the Red Zone cost them the win. Full marks to the Bombers for the win.

Now go win the cup for the Eastern Prairies!
I thought that the Bombers looked like far the better football team, and yet at the same time Saskatchewan should have taken it to overtime, if not won. Anyway, I will take a trip to the Grey Cup as the western team for the first time since 1984. Representing the East always felt like cheating.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada