HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Bridgestone Americas Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Nashville Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Sep 24, 2013, 9:51 PM

Exclamation NASHVILLE | Bridgestone Americas Tower | 460 FT / 140 M | 30 FLOORS

Tony Giarratana has made another big splash and this one appears to have some legs to it since he stated he's in talks with an international company moving their corporate HQ to Nashville. The current working name is "Sheet Music" and will include retail, parking, office space, and apartments, or could be strictly parking and office if the company desires such.

We'll see what happens but Nashville is obviously on the radar and is white hot right now. The article below also states groundbreaking on The SoBro is scheduled before the end of the year, we'll see on that one too.

First story break last week:
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...l-company.html

Rendering:

Last edited by futuresooner; Sep 24, 2013 at 10:07 PM.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2013, 10:00 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Thanks for starting the thread. I love this design and I'm excited to see more renderings and hear some more information about this project. While I think this tower is meant for HCA, I don't know whether or not to believe that Tony G hasn't been in negotiations with them to relocate here. I do prefer this tower over WES though.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2013, 10:09 PM

The only issue I have is at the bottom, it's 4th Avenue, not 4th Street. 4th Street is across the Cumberland in East Nashville.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2013, 12:24 AM

This is another gorgeous proposal from Mr. Giarratana. It would look amazing towering over SoBro. Now, we patiently wait to see which international company he's wooing.

Last edited by ariesjow; Sep 25, 2013 at 1:03 AM.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2013, 12:52 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesjow View Post
This is another gorgeous proposal from Mr. Giarratana. It would look amazing towering over SoBro. Now, we patiently wait to see who which international company he's wooing.
I still for whatever reason think it's HCA, but that's mainly because the article about Palmer having control of the situation, the first article about this tower, and then the newest article and rendering today have come out so close together. HCA had planned on WES being well under construction by now, but that obviously isn't going to happen. I don't think that HCA nor Tony G would openly admit that they were in conversations without some solid work having previously been done as far as financing and design.

We would have probably heard something from either a Nashville news source, or a source from whichever city the relocating company was leaving. A relocation of whatever company that large wouldn't be a complete mystery to the media, unless it's a situation like HCA who has openly been looking to move into a new tower.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2013, 1:04 AM

505 CST.........Now this!

Man I love this guy's taste in architecture. If Tony G. has his way, he will cement his legacy in Nashville forever with these two projects. These are not just you normal everyday towers...these suckers are iconic towers! These are the kind of towers that put your city on the map...the kind that take your city the a whole nother level.

There was a time not too long ago, that not even in my wildest dreams would I ever have thought we could possibly have a tower like 505CST or Sheet Music. Now it seem's like that could be a reality. Are any of you guy's as surprised as I am?

Old Posted Sep 25, 2013, 1:23 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRYDI View Post
There was a time not too long ago, that not even in my wildest dreams would I ever have thought we could possibly have a tower like 505CST or Sheet Music. Now it seem's like that could be a reality. Are any of you guy's as surprised as I am?
For sure, especially since there's a problem with suburban office parks, I just hope that at least one of these office towers is built. Getting off topic, but I think SoBro will be built for much of the same reason that these towers are being proposed; people want to work and live in the core. If the financing is there, there's just a matter of time until one of these breaks ground.

I just wish there was a tenant that is already locked down that would further ensure that this tower would be built.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2013, 2:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
For sure, especially since there's a problem with suburban office parks, I just hope that at least one of these office towers is built. Getting off topic, but I think SoBro will be built for much of the same reason that these towers are being proposed; people want to work and live in the core. If the financing is there, there's just a matter of time until one of these breaks ground.

I just wish there was a tenant that is already locked down that would further ensure that this tower would be built.
So many proposals...You would have to think atleast a few of these will get built. If not, that would be the biggest disappointment ever. That's why these proposals are kind of bitter sweet to me. I think your spot on with your comment about more people wanting to work and live in the core, and hopefully that trend continues.

I guess all we can do now is keep our fingers crossed, and hope that Tony can seal the deal on this. If this project fails, it will put me into a deep depression... I want this tower to be built as bad as I want 505 to be built.

Off topic a little here myself, but I wish someone could put together something with all these proposals in the skyline to see how they would look.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2013, 4:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
Tony Giarratana has made another big splash and this one appears to have some legs to it since he stated he's in talks with an international company moving their corporate HQ to Nashville. The current working name is "Sheet Music" and will include retail, parking, office space, and apartments, or could be strictly parking and office if the company desires such.

We'll see what happens but Nashville is obviously on the radar and is white hot right now. The article below also states groundbreaking on The SoBro is scheduled before the end of the year, we'll see on that one too.

First story break last week:
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...l-company.html

Rendering:
WE'RE NOT WORTHY!

Old Posted Sep 25, 2013, 5:10 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRYDI View Post
Off topic a little here myself, but I wish someone could put together something with all these proposals in the skyline to see how they would look.
I started to a while back, but I was having trouble finding a view of the skyline that would match the perspective of some of the renderings (that would have a big impact on the skyline) since most of the renderings are from street level. The renderings of the first SoBro design and 505's design give a good idea of the density that's starting to form though.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2013, 6:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
I started to a while back, but I was having trouble finding a view of the skyline that would match the perspective of some of the renderings (that would have a big impact on the skyline) since most of the renderings are from street level. The renderings of the first SoBro design and 505's design give a good idea of the density that's starting to form though.
Ugh...Yeah I see what you mean. I was just trying to find a good picture to use but I didn't have too much luck.

This is what I had in mind though. Or something like this anyway's. I'll keep digging to see if I can't come up with something.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2013, 3:44 AM

I hear so many great things about Nashville. I hope some of these projects are done by the time I get there.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2013, 7:19 PM

Very few people can announce plans for a tower like Tony Giarratana, now as for actually getting them built....

Old Posted Sep 28, 2013, 7:22 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
Very few people can announce plans for a tower like Tony Giarratana, now as for actually getting them built....
For sure. There's obviously a need for these towers, and he probably has the ability to built two of them (SoBro and this one, I don't think 505 really has much of a chance). I doubt he's proposing them for the hell of trying to get lucky with one, but he might be.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2013, 4:51 PM

Im not going to lie, while I really like the architecture of his buildings and proposals are always fun to look at and generate excitement, I find Tony to be really annoying and wish he would go away. Or at least do things behind closed doors a little more, seems like he is always looking for attention.

"For 25 years, Giarratana Development has built some of the largest and most recognized properties in Nashville: nearly 1.5 million square feet in all."

I mean great you have built 1.5 million square feet of properties in the last quarter century, but between hotels, apartments, office space, and condos he probably has 4 million square feet proposed as we speak. Is he capable of pulling an of it off? only time will tell, I just wish he would concentrate on say the apartment tower since it seems pretty feasible and not worry about having multiple office towers in the works.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2013, 7:22 PM
Never Dell

Nice looking building.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2013, 2:28 AM

So, a poster on another forum speculated that maybe Lockheed Martin was the company Tony Giarratana was in talks with. A few years back, it was rumored that Lockheed Martin was targeting Nashville for a potential relocation.

Lockheed Martin targets downtown Nashville, sources say
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville....html?page=all

It was mentioned in the article that Lockheed Martin would be needing about 200,000 sqaure feet, with room for expansion. Well, that just happens to be what Tony Giarratana said the company he is in talks with would be needing.
Quote:
Giarratana wouldn't reveal any details about the company he is speaking with, except that it needs 200,000 square feet plus 50,000 square feet for growth.
Could it be just a coincidence? Sure! But I still think it's worth mentioning.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2013, 11:06 PM
Nashville born and raised

Some comments on a couple of issues regarding this project as it is being discussed in other forums;

Regarding the small existing building on the lot, I am sure the developer owns it. When the 22 story Encore was built, it was to be the first of a twin tower project in which renderings showed the second (unbuilt) tower fronting the street where the small building currently sits. I believe it was understood at the time that the developer, Tony Giantarra, owned it also. Because of that, I feel pretty sure the proposed 41 story building will occupy the entire lot.

Regarding the height, I am guessing a 525' height based on the fact that 15 of the floors include a hotel which will have a smaller floor to floor dimension. I figured a 41 story building without spires at 555' minus 30' for reduced ftf dimension. Thus 525'. That's still impressive in SoBro.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2013, 9:31 PM
BANNED

I definitely want to see these buildings proposed for Nashville get built. I think Nashville could be the next Charlotte.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2013, 10:25 PM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0985465y View Post
I definitely want to see these buildings proposed for Nashville get built. I think Nashville could be the next Charlotte.
In terms of skyscraper construction, that would be nice. But I certainly hope Nashville doesn't become the next Charlotte in other terms. Don't get me wrong, that isn't a knock against Charlotte. I like Charlotte, and I love that it is succeeding, but Nashville is a unique product with it's own very distinct local character, and I hope it stays that way.

-Bob Marley

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive