HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

The Vantage in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Houston Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Houston Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Aug 2, 2014, 6:46 AM

Lightbulb HOUSTON | Vantage Med Center | 260 FT / 79 M | 22 FLOORS

Developer: Dinerstein Companies
Architect: ?
Type: Residential
Construction Timeline: Start Date: 2015 - Completion Date: 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmREIT Press Release
AmREIT Monthly Income & Growth Fund IV, Ltd. has negotiated a development partnership with The Dinerstein Group to develop a planned 378 unit multifamily project consisting of 16 stories of residential over a 5 story parking garage. Estimated costs are $101 million and the project is anticipated to commence construction in 2015.
http://ir.amreit.com/file.aspx?IID=4161790&FID=24636487

Last edited by Urbannizer; Jul 4, 2015 at 6:39 PM.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2014, 6:16 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

I like it. Clean, modern, and sleek. Houston has been on the ball when it comes to its residential sector. I wonder how much units will go for?

Old Posted Aug 2, 2014, 10:26 PM

Interesting. When I saw reference to AmREIT and Dinerstein collaborating on a 16-floor facility topping 5 levels of parking, I had no idea whether it was one we'd been tracking. Totally unexpected.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2014, 4:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Chronicle
Developer doubles down in med center

Betting on the continued strong health of the Texas Medical Center, the Dinerstein Cos. is planning a high-rise apartment building at the corner of Cambridge and Holcombe, its second recent residential project in the area.

The tower, designed by Chicago-based Solomon Cordwell Buenz, will rise 21 stories and contain 375 units targeted to "renters by choice," said Brian Dinerstein, president of the Houston-based developer that builds multifamily projects in markets across the country.

The building's angled design was created to take advantage of views of downtown and Hermann Park, he said.

Demand for housing in the Medical Center/Bellaire submarket has pushed up occupancy 5.6 percent and rents 12.5 percent over a three-month period, according to an August report from Apartment Data Services.

Developers are building thousands of units inside the 610 Loop, acting on growing desire by Houstonians to rent -- often for a significant premium -- in properties close to where they work instead of buying homes in the suburbs.

Rents in Dinerstein's new building will start at $1,600 per month for a one-bedroom and go up to around $3,500. The average unit size will be just under 950 square feet. The building will have mostly one- and two-bedroom units.

One of the company's financial partners on the project is AmREIT, a Houston-based real estate investment trust that owned the land.

Full Article: http://www.houstonchronicle.com/busi...er-5734747.php

Old Posted Oct 6, 2014, 7:10 PM

New rendering:

Old Posted Jan 14, 2015, 3:10 PM

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/...er/#21137101=0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chron
Dinerstein to break ground on high-rise rental tower

Despite a potential slowdown in the Houston economy, the Dinerstein Cos. is not losing steam.

The apartment development firm is expecting to begin construction next week on a high-rise at Holcombe and Cambridge that it announced last fall.

Even with the plunge in oil prices and the escalation of in close-in apartment construction, the inner-city is still a smart play, said Clay Hicks, Dinerstein’s president of apartment management.

“People really want to live where they work and play and eat, and I don’t think that’s going to change,” said Hicks, who recently joined the company after 8 years at Greystar.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2015, 5:37 PM

Great news, I like this one.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2015, 11:13 PM

More renderings:

Old Posted Feb 4, 2015, 2:09 AM

Activity. 2/3 by absurt on HAIF

Old Posted Feb 4, 2015, 5:42 AM

Go Cat Go...

Old Posted Feb 4, 2015, 5:54 PM

Wow, that base is absolutely hideous. Huge blank walls, a surface parking lot, and no sidewalk. Are people even allowed to walk into the building, or is a car required?

Old Posted Feb 4, 2015, 7:18 PM

In my opinion the base in the renders does not look that bad, in fact they did a pretty good job covering it compared to some other developers (cosmo).

Old Posted Feb 4, 2015, 9:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
Wow, that base is absolutely hideous. Huge blank walls, a surface parking lot, and no sidewalk. Are people even allowed to walk into the building, or is a car required?
There is not much foot traffic in that area so it's not that big of a deal. Also, there is a sidewalk.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2015, 4:33 AM

One of the reasons for the garage/blank wall is that the lot is directly on Braes Bayou. It will eventually flood.

Also, the area isn't full of too many pedestrians. Some of the things surrounding it include the massive VA Medical Center (gated off from this building), the Hospice House, the Ronald McDonald House, and the under-used South side of Braes Bayou portion of Hermann Park.

That said, I am sure doctors, nurses, med students, etc... will be attracted because in just 4 blocks you can reach MD Anderson Cancer Center and a few more blocks will bring you to Texas Children's, St Luke's, Methodist, Memorial Hermann, Ben Taub, Baylor College of Medicine, UT Med, UT Dental, UT Nursing, Prairie View A&M Nursing, Texas Woman's U Health Center, and more.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2015, 4:20 PM

OK, I didn't realize this was in a flood zone. Even so, just because people in the area don't currently walk a lot doesn't mean developments shouldn't be designed for pedestrians. This building will house several hundred people, but it's built like a bunker for cars only, with no active uses at the street level and it doesn't even abut the street/sidewalk. It's kind of set back like a fortress. When I visited that area it seemed like there were quite a few people walking around, especially near Rice and the park. Seems like big new residential buildings should be built with pedestrains in mind, otherwise it's just going to be more of the same car-oriented design. If all of those things are within 4 blocks, shouldn't walking be encouraged?
Just my two cents. I've only been to Houston twice so maybe I'm off base.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2015, 5:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
OK, I didn't realize this was in a flood zone. Even so, just because people in the area don't currently walk a lot doesn't mean developments shouldn't be designed for pedestrians. This building will house several hundred people, but it's built like a bunker for cars only, with no active uses at the street level and it doesn't even abut the street/sidewalk. It's kind of set back like a fortress. When I visited that area it seemed like there were quite a few people walking around, especially near Rice and the park. Seems like big new residential buildings should be built with pedestrains in mind, otherwise it's just going to be more of the same car-oriented design. If all of those things are within 4 blocks, shouldn't walking be encouraged?
Just my two cents. I've only been to Houston twice so maybe I'm off base.
You can see the walking path on the bayou connected to the garage in the first rendering. The path leads to bridges that takes you to The Medical Center, Rice, and Hermann Park. It's quicker than walking out through the front and having to walk around. You're just adding an extra block and there is really nothing to walk too on that side.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2015, 6:18 AM

You need to view this plot on google earth. It's close to everything but very isolated. It is cut off by a bayou/ditch, a huge park, the VA Med Center, and even a convent (St Dominic's Village). The only nearby residents will be those that live in the 40 story Spires next door. There's literally no more lots to build future towers/apartments/condos/homes on. This will never be a neighborhood, much less a destination neighborhood.

This place will appeal to people who work or attend school at The Texas Medical Center and those who are older and need to visit the Med Center often. The Spires next door is basically an old-folks home with a few doctors/students mixed in. I imagine this place will be much the same.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2015, 2:26 PM

Permitted, per this week's HBJ.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2015, 10:02 AM

3/7 by hindesky on haif

Old Posted Apr 27, 2015, 5:46 PM

4/26 by hindesky

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive