HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Nov 12, 2017, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innovativethinking View Post
Right. A lot of future development is. But in the past the city never utilized the river for whatever reason
well back as late as the 80s maybe even later the river was polluted as hell. It since has been cleaned up pretty well

Old Posted Nov 13, 2017, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innovativethinking View Post
Right. A lot of future development is. But in the past the city never utilized the river for whatever reason
"Never utilized the river" is an overstatement. Waterfront Park replaced a freeway in the 1970s. Riverplace (marina, shops, etc) replaced an industrial slum in the 1980s. The Eastbank Esplanade provides access to the other side along with a connected path all around the river from the Steel Bridge to the Hawthorne Bridge in the 1990s. Poets Beach just opened under the Marquam Bridge. And the river is clean enough to swim in again, for the first time since, well the founding of Portland I would guess. So a lot has been done, but I do agree there is a lot more that could be done. I'm hoping for great things with the Zidell / Sowa development, Centennial Mills, etc. I do wish there were more active uses along Waterfront Park. I know the city is planning some food carts. But it's tough when Naito Parkway separates the city street grid so much from the park. I really wish they'd found a way to make the James Beard Market work downtown, that was such a great opportunity to revitalize the waterfront area.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2017, 1:14 AM

DR #3 Drawings [18 MB] and memo

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Nov 23, 2017, 8:16 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
DR #3 Drawings [18 MB] and memo
Hearing people whine about how this building will destroy their view of the Fremont Bridge makes me want this building to be built as is.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2017, 8:36 AM
9-7-2oh1-!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
Hearing people whine about how this building will destroy their view of the Fremont Bridge makes me want this building to be built as is.
The Freemont Bridge is gonna destroy my view across the river!

KOIN Tower is gonna ruin my view of Mt. Hood!

That new tower on Broadway is gonna block my view of KOIN!

Hey, you got chocolate on in my peanut butter!
And you got peanut butter on my chocolate!

The good news is, the world won't run out of idiots anytime soon. The bad news is the part about "good news." And the wheels on the bus go around and around...

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland