HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Capital Pointe in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Regina Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Feb 2, 2010, 2:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeeg View Post
the building design seems out of place for Regina but hopefully there are more to follow.
The plan is to implode the remainder of the downtown after this one is built.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2010, 9:55 AM
Capitalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebubu View Post
The plan is to implode the remainder of the downtown after this one is built.
lmao

Old Posted Feb 2, 2010, 6:33 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
If they priced like that, they would price themselves out of the Regina market. They aren't going for a super luxury type development here I don't think. From the original floorplans (they are bound to have changed with the change in the external design), the kitchens were normal sized IMO... laundry, however, was not in the floorplan, so you are probably right on that part.

The Gardens on Rose development is aiming to catch the executive suite market. Capital Pointe is probably aiming for some middle class along with the upper class buyers; at least from the sounds of the ad ($199,000 to over $1 million).
At 1 King you're paying for proximity.

But the question for Capital Pointe is size is the $199k unit, and using $/ft metrics is one way to make an educated guess. I'm going to say 650 just for fun. 650ft x $307/ft = $199k

Old Posted Feb 2, 2010, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
At 1 King you're paying for proximity.

But the question for Capital Pointe is size is the $199k unit, and using $/ft metrics is one way to make an educated guess. I'm going to say 650 just for fun. 650ft x $307/ft = $199k
The original plans as posted on the City's website have the smallest units at 702 sq ft. so you are pretty close, assuming it hasn't changed with the new design. If they build these like they say they will with the amenities they are suggesting, $300/foot is a pretty good value, IMO

Old Posted Feb 3, 2010, 9:37 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
The original plans as posted on the City's website have the smallest units at 702 sq ft. so you are pretty close, assuming it hasn't changed with the new design. If they build these like they say they will with the amenities they are suggesting, $300/foot is a pretty good value, IMO
Well the amenities are supposed to be on a pay-for-play basis. So $300/foot would likely be your base cost, then you would pay some amount per month or per year for amenities depending on which ones you wanted. So the total real world cost would be something north of $300/ft.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2010, 2:20 AM
Calgarian

I haven't been on the Regina threads lately and rarely make it home anymore. This looks fantastic and will do wonders for the core.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2010, 5:17 PM

There was a full page add for Capital Pointe in today's Leader-Post.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2010, 6:46 PM
Closed account

[QUOTE=Stormer;4685373]There was a full page add for Capital Pointe in today's Leader-Post.[/QU thanks

Last edited by timewilltell; Mar 22, 2010 at 11:03 PM.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2010, 2:01 AM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by timewilltell View Post
please put it on this site thanks
It's the same as the last one... the only difference is that they have some "reaction" stuff in a box... like "downtown Regina needs something like this" ... "amazing"... etc.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2010, 7:54 PM

The website has been updated with a cool new intro. Unfortunately there is no new info.

www.capitalpointe.ca

Old Posted Feb 9, 2010, 9:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Actually the NCO Building was built that way on purpose because there is no alley next to it. The owner of the Plains Hotel site is entitled to build right to the lot line. The proposed Capital Pointe would not fit on the lot if you did not build right to the property line. Fire code does not allow highrises to have windows on a side where the building goes right to the property line or even within a certain distance.

The good news is that once CP is built, you will never see that wall again.
Streetview will come in handy on this forum. This is the blank wall:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&ie=...4.47,,0,-25.61

Old Posted Mar 11, 2010, 6:47 PM
#1 King Champ

Website update: http://www.capitalpointe.ca/

Also they emailed out their spring edition news letter today. See it here: http://www.capitalpointe.ca/email/ca....html#downtown

Old Posted Mar 11, 2010, 7:46 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutterp View Post

Also they emailed out their spring edition news letter today. See it here: http://www.capitalpointe.ca/email/ca....html#downtown
All I can say is WOW.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2010, 7:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutterp View Post

Beautiful!

I just came here to post this as I got the email, you beat me to it! Looks like a very nice building though. GREAT for that corner!

Old Posted Mar 11, 2010, 8:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaps View Post
Beautiful!

I just came here to post this as I got the email, you beat me to it! Looks like a very nice building though. GREAT for that corner!
Too bad there isnt an actual greenspace directyl south of that project like it shows in the website.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2010, 9:31 PM

Quote:
Too bad there isnt an actual greenspace directyl south of that project like it shows in the website.
Where are you seeing this? Like a greenspace where the Esso is? I can't seem to find the image you are referring to.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2010, 9:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaps View Post
Where are you seeing this? Like a greenspace where the Esso is? I can't seem to find the image you are referring to.
http://www.capitalpointe.ca/email/ca....html#downtown

The top picture in the link showing the hotel/condo in the evening...Yes, where the esso is currently.

And even where Vitrerra is right now...Would make for a nice place to sit while watching the project being built.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2010, 9:49 PM

Quote:
http://www.capitalpointe.ca/email/ca....html#downtown

The top picture in the link showing the hotel/condo in the evening...Yes, where the esso is currently.

And even where Vitrerra is right now...Would make for a nice place to sit while watching the project being built.
Ahhh I gotcha. I thought you meant they rendered a park there or something. Looks like they just needed to edit those buildings out for a full shot of the render from that angle.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2010, 3:17 PM
BANNED

This is probably nothing, but I called the phone number on Capital Pointe's website (306-757-1205) to get more information as my wife and I are interested in perhaps a rental suite, and it appears to be disconnected.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2010, 4:06 PM

Hey Migs,

I hope for your sake, and all Reginans(?), that this is in fact just a small glitch of some kind. Hopefully, they are just doing some re-orging to get ready for a Spring Sales blitz.

I can certainly empathize with your apprehension over this, as we have gone thru so many false hopes in Saskatoon with respect to Lake Placid's River Landing Village project! ( http://www.lakeplacidsaskatoon.com/ )
Which, once again, has been resurrected and goes before City Council this Monday. I can tell you that everyone in Saskatoon is not counting on this actually happenning until the money is in the bank!

I sure hope this goes ahead for Regina. What a great addition to your urban environment.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan