HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted May 28, 2007, 3:19 AM
Master of My Domain

Please excuse my failure to stay abreast of the progress of this tower, but, what's going on, exactly? Why no major progress in so long? Has it even begun to rise out of the hole, yet?

Old Posted May 28, 2007, 3:26 AM
BANNED

You can read some of the previous posts in this thread to get the heads-up.

This will help you keep abreast of the goings-on at Ground Zero.

Old Posted May 28, 2007, 9:42 AM
BANNED

bahhh... This tower never comes.... sick waiting that. Maybe my grandchildren also are going waiting to this raising... Forever.

Old Posted May 28, 2007, 9:51 AM
Beat it, bi(t)ches.

You know, maybe if you just add water, it will pop up out of the ground! Yeah!

Go try it! See what happens.

Old Posted May 28, 2007, 11:51 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkmillenium View Post
bahhh... This tower never comes.... sick waiting that. Maybe my grandchildren also are going waiting to this raising... Forever.

It's posts like this that put this and other threads in danger of being closed.

Anyway, for those who ARE antisipating the steel to rise for this one, it should something spectacular. Truly something to behold!!

Old Posted May 28, 2007, 11:58 AM

It'll be a while yet before this tower begins to rise. If seeing substructure development is boring to you, then perhaps you should focus your attention on other skyscrapers. Or go read a book.

Old Posted May 28, 2007, 12:46 PM
BANNED

I'm NOT complaining about the duration of the tower's construction, dude.

I know all about it.

Last edited by Daquan13; May 29, 2007 at 4:01 PM.

Old Posted May 28, 2007, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daquan13 View Post
I'm NOT cmplaining about the duration of the tower's construction, dude.

I know all about it.

Relax. I was in no way referring to your posts.

Old Posted May 28, 2007, 7:34 PM
Ascension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkmillenium View Post
There are more important things to worry about than a skyscraper rising slowly. Seriously...

Old Posted May 29, 2007, 12:14 AM

Im still struggling to understand why people think this is going too slow. When did this officially start construction, has it even been a year yet?? its very very difficult to start the piling and foundations for a tower of this size, even harder when something was built there before. A year is standard for this part of construction, 2 years would be an expected ammount of time when you have to remove or at least alter previous foundations in a complex area in the centre of a major city like new york. The timeline for this structure has been posted in the past, and everything is going to plan, if anything the second tower crane came early. I wonder how many people on this forum are only watching this tower be constructed and are offended by its speed as a result.

BE PATIENT we know that when it starts to rise it will go quick, by quick i mean at a standard rate ie one floor a week. I get the feeling that when we do start to see this rising above ground we will get comments daily going "wow this is fast" as well as those saying "wow this is slow", listen to this if nothing else, building skyscrapers takes time, wait and you will see something incredible.

The piling for this tower started along with many of the towers in dubai's marina supertalls, and none of them are above ground yet, why are you surprised???????????????

edit: what annoys me the most about all this is that once this post has been written i will get 10 people saying "hear, hear" and "well said". Which will push this thread to another page where people will start ranting about how slow it is all over again. If only the timeline could be posted as a sticky at the top of each page, i aint posting this every week till we see steel above ground.

"Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics.. even if you win your still a retard"

(spot the deliberate mistake)

Last edited by nezzybaby; May 29, 2007 at 12:18 AM. Reason: see edit

Old Posted May 29, 2007, 4:20 AM
Betch

Old Posted May 29, 2007, 5:17 AM
low-riding

im sorry, that was funny.

a lot of people have been complaining about the slow progress. The building did only start construction about a year ago but more importantly, remember the size. Counting up to the highest occupied floor, this is the tallest building built in this country in 33 years since the Sears Tower was built. This is not filler, this is not a mctower that will come preassembled. Its complex and its not something that should be rushed.

Old Posted May 29, 2007, 4:06 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottebaum View Post

I wonder what the connection with this is. Are they waiting to attack the complex again once it is buiult?

Why all this concern for the construction to move along faster all of a sudden? I thinks that something stinks here!!

Old Posted May 29, 2007, 4:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daquan13 View Post
I wonder what the connection with this is. Are they waiting to attack the complex again once it is buiult?

Why all this concern for the construction to move along faster all of a sudden? I thinks that something stinks here!!
Dude, it's by The Onion, you know, satire, not real, a joke. The joke being that, yeah, they're wanting the thing to be finished quickly so they can attack again (and what makes it funny is how they're blatantly saying this on "network" TV). But it's just a joke.

Old Posted May 29, 2007, 4:35 PM

Some people have no grasp of comedy, that thing made me piss myself laughing.

"Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics.. even if you win your still a retard"

(spot the deliberate mistake)

Old Posted May 29, 2007, 4:42 PM
Meh

Amazing shots, there GarCastle! Thanks for the effort.

It's incredible seeing the foundations of these giants. Simple amazing to see just how huge they are.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted May 29, 2007, 7:25 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitySkyline View Post
Dude, it's by The Onion, you know, satire, not real, a joke. The joke being that, yeah, they're wanting the thing to be finished quickly so they can attack again (and what makes it funny is how they're blatantly saying this on "network" TV). But it's just a joke.

Well, I DID have my suspicions on that anyway.

Because NO ONE from that network has publicly spoke beforte on the NWTC, and why now? What a joke?

Old Posted May 29, 2007, 9:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
im sorry, that was funny.

a lot of people have been complaining about the slow progress. The building did only start construction about a year ago but more importantly, remember the size. Counting up to the highest occupied floor, this is the tallest building built in this country in 33 years since the Sears Tower was built. This is not filler, this is not a mctower that will come preassembled. Its complex and its not something that should be rushed.

It took quite a few years to complete the twin towers.

Old Posted May 30, 2007, 2:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezzybaby View Post
Im still struggling to understand why people think this is going too slow. When did this officially start construction, has it even been a year yet?? its very very difficult to start the piling and foundations for a tower of this size, even harder when something was built there before.
No worries Nezzy, some people are just practiced retards. And my phrase for those folks: Halt sei ein verlangsamt!

It's an impressive construction site. I plan to make it out there again in a couple months for more photos.

Old Posted May 31, 2007, 5:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMont View Post
It took quite a few years to complete the twin towers.
Correct me if I am wrong on this point, but I believe the twins had a total construction time of 5 years. As in, they were both finished in 5 years. Doesn't seem like that long to me.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive