HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Dec 1, 2017, 6:36 AM

More renderings and news about the Rockies Project!

https://www.bisnow.com/denver/news/c...unveiled-82154

Old Posted Dec 1, 2017, 6:46 AM

I drove by the 15th and Stout dual brand hotel site earlier and didn't realize that it's already fenced off and dirt is moving.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2017, 3:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver View Post
It is unfortunate that this block is not part of the LoDo historic district (at least I do not think it is). Maybe it is the pessimist in me but I predict this development will get serious value engineering.
Correct, this lot is not part of the Lodo historic district.

The circular design is interesting..

Old Posted Dec 1, 2017, 4:44 PM

The Coors project is a page straight from the Village that the St Louis Cardinal's have been developing (which is actually pretty cool). The difference is, people actually care about the cardinals. I am guessing the Rockies theme will be greatly toned down by the time this thing is finalized.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2017, 5:43 PM

So In-N-Out burger is coming to Colorado. Such an over-rated burger chain. Their French fried suck and if you don’t want one of their greasy burgers there is nothing else on the menu. I am glad Raising Canes is in CO though. The one restaurant chain I would like to be in Denver is Bahama Breeze. Their drinks are awesome and I like the fun atmosphere. I think Denver will soon have Zara clothing stores since all of their main competitors are here and doing well.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2017, 6:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.hampton View Post
The Coors project is a page straight from the Village that the St Louis Cardinal's have been developing (which is actually pretty cool). The difference is, people actually care about the cardinals. I am guessing the Rockies theme will be greatly toned down by the time this thing is finalized.

Well since it's a Rockies-managed project, financed by the Rockies, for the purpose of, among other things, making people care about the Rockies, I think it unlikely the Rockies will chose to "tone down" the Rockies theme.

Also, although the Cardinals were the No. 2 draw in all of the major league the Rockies were a very decent No. 8 in the major leagues. Admittedly, the Rockies have sucked for most of their existence. Colorado people have too much to do to care a lot about teams that suck. If the Broncos continue their losing ways even they will learn that lesson.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2017, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey View Post
So In-N-Out burger is coming to Colorado. Such an over-rated burger chain. Their French fried suck and if you don’t want one of their greasy burgers there is nothing else on the menu. I am glad Raising Canes is in CO though. The one restaurant chain I would like to be in Denver is Bahama Breeze. Their drinks are awesome and I like the fun atmosphere. I think Denver will soon have Zara clothing stores since all of their main competitors are here and doing well.
To each their own..i love their burgers. I think a lot of people miss the point on In-N-Out.... "best burger" is completely subjective, but for the extremely low price, all fresh ingredients, and simple menu, it's hard to beat.

Not to mention they pay and treat their workers extremely well.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2017, 7:34 PM
cities|transit|croissants

I dunno, I'm not sure I like that Rockies development. Looks to me like its main purpose is to try and redirect LoDo nightlife out of LoDo and into an enclosed & controlled corporate space.

OK OK, maybe I'm overblowing the effects. It's been a long time since I partied in LoDo. I guess the question is how much of LoDo's nightlife these days is tied to the Rockies? If it's not a lot then this is fine.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2017, 7:50 PM
Aspiring Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenBronco8 View Post
To each their own..i love their burgers. I think a lot of people miss the point on In-N-Out.... "best burger" is completely subjective, but for the extremely low price, all fresh ingredients, and simple menu, it's hard to beat.

The key is to oder the fries well-done and put an extra packet of salt on them (and maybe a little pepper too).

Old Posted Dec 1, 2017, 7:59 PM
mmmm... infillicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
I dunno, I'm not sure I like that Rockies development. Looks to me like its main purpose is to try and redirect LoDo nightlife out of LoDo and into an enclosed & controlled corporate space.

OK OK, maybe I'm overblowing the effects. It's been a long time since I partied in LoDo. I guess the question is how much of LoDo's nightlife these days is tied to the Rockies? If it's not a lot then this is fine.
It's not a lot. In fact, with Larimer Square, all the stuff around Union Station (including the station itself), the soon-to-open Dairy Block retail alley and market hall, the under-construction Market Station project with its retail alley and restaurants, and now this Rockies development, the nightlight/entertainment options in LoDo are becoming more dispersed rather than concentrated in just a few spots. I think that is a good thing.

DenverInfill Blog
DenverUrbanism

Old Posted Dec 1, 2017, 8:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverInfill View Post
It's not a lot. In fact, with Larimer Square, all the stuff around Union Station (including the station itself), the soon-to-open Dairy Block retail alley and market hall, the under-construction Market Station project with its retail alley and restaurants, and now this Rockies development, the nightlight/entertainment options in LoDo are becoming more dispersed rather than concentrated in just a few spots. I think that is a good thing.
Agreed. I think its different targeted demographics. Millinials/hipsters who go out to the brewpubs, distilleries and the like in RINO are unlikely to change habits and hang out in this "corporate" space.

On the other hand, the suburban types and regional visitors who come to Denver for a game (or as tourists or convention visitors) are probably the demographic for this development. The masses and types of people who have been visiting Union Station in my view largely didn't use to come down to LoDo or go out partying in LoDo or RiNo prior to Union Station. I think this project aims for a similar demographic.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2017, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCreek View Post
Well since it's a Rockies-managed project, financed by the Rockies, for the purpose of, among other things, making people care about the Rockies, I think it unlikely the Rockies will chose to "tone down" the Rockies theme.
HA! The Rockies ownership dont give a hoot about the team. They are about booking their profits and letting the team stagnate to oblivion.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2017, 9:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenBronco8 View Post

The key is to oder the fries well-done and put an extra packet of salt on them (and maybe a little pepper too).
As an In-N-Out fan this is very true even some chipolte on them is good too! You guys will enjoy In-N-Out.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2017, 9:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverInfill View Post
And add to that, I feel like recently nightlife has shifted further out into Rino rather than just being concentrated in LoDo like it has been up until about 2015. I don't think this will redirect anything out, if anything it will pull people back in again.
"The engineer is the key figure in the material progress of the world. It is his engineering that makes a reality of the potential value of science by translating scientific knowledge into tools, resources, energy and labor to bring them into the service of man. To make contributions of this kind the engineer requires the imagination to visualize the need of society and to appreciate what is possible as well as the technological and broad social age understanding to bring his vision to reality."

Old Posted Dec 1, 2017, 9:28 PM

Since blake street is closed on game days, It would have been great if the battery on blake would have been full of street level retail. Something similar to Yawkey Way outside of Fenway would be the gold standard. If you have a game ticket, you can get in and carry your drink in the street. But this West Lot development looks really cool.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2017, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
Someone who I can't recall referred me to John Buntin's piece in Slate: "The Myth of Gentrification." Best comment from that was easily:
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...as_people.html

But I suspect the real villains are the lawyers.
I think I've read this article. I should bookmark it, because it's pretty great.

As for that comment, it does make me laugh, although white flight in the 60s definitely was a legacy of racism - moving away from crime-ridden neighborhoods which often also had a lot of minorities, the very active movements opposing shipping elementary/high school students from other neighborhoods to their schools which usually had a vicious racial undertone, Redlining by banks that was a not-so-subtle attempt to disenfranchise minority neighborhoods, etc.

But that's getting pretty off-base so I'll stop this discussion here.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2017, 11:53 PM

I looks like Block 176 (519 18th St.) is being actively marketed for redevelopment.

https://www.lee-associates.com/prope...Id=236207-sale
PDF: https://view.publitas.com/38608/3120...8ea3470d2b.pdf

Old Posted Dec 2, 2017, 4:31 AM
Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesCO View Post
Key is to order off the secret menu like everyone and get the fries animal style

Old Posted Dec 2, 2017, 6:50 AM

The key is to eat somewhere thats actually good like smash burger!

Old Posted Dec 2, 2017, 7:17 PM

If you have to order from the secret menu then it is trash to begin with. And if you like Smashburger you need a shovel to the head.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West