HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Arts, Culture & Entertainment

Old Posted Jul 20, 2010, 9:25 PM
BANNED

Madonna in Vancouver

I was just reading about BC Place in Wikipedia and it said that, "Madonna performed in Vancouver for the first time in her career in BC Place during her Sticky & Sweet Tour on October 30, 2008. 50,000 tickets for the concert were sold in only 29 minutes."

First concert in Vancouver in 2008?!?!?!

What the fuck?!?!!?! This woman has been a huge star since the dead sea was healthy but she never played here until 2008?!?!?!

Anyone know what the dillio is?

Old Posted Jul 20, 2010, 9:34 PM

shes never played here - closest she ever got was seattle a couple times in the 80's

in and after the 90's most of her tours were outside of north america and at very limited places in the states

her girlie show only played east coast cities and only a few plus toronto and montreal - but she ignored most of the USA and toured europe, south america, etc because her Erotica album was so bashed and she was being hated by most of america which she has a love hate relationship with

they know where she can make money - her prices are ridiculous a good seat was $350

as far as vancouver is to her it may as well be Boisie idaho or Seattle - which she has ignored since the 80's as well

apparently she and her tour people were surprised how well the response was to her in vancouver and when she goes on tour again as she will she will come here again

Old Posted Jul 20, 2010, 9:55 PM
BANNED

^Wild.

Thanks for the info SpongeG, I had no idea.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2010, 12:10 AM

i belong to a bunch of madonna boards - i never got to see her in Vancouver but i saw her in toronto long ago

Old Posted Jul 21, 2010, 7:43 AM
BANNED

so you never saw her when she finally played Vancouver in 2008?

Old Posted Jul 21, 2010, 9:25 AM

no - her tickets were too expensive and i didn't want to see that tour - i haven't really liked anything she has done since ray of light

when i saw her a ticket was $35! now it was like $350 no thanks i'll just watch it on youtube - not into concerts anyway

Old Posted Jul 21, 2010, 4:18 PM

I went to the Madonna concert and it was very good. My criticism is more of a general one - these days all concerts are 100% scripted and 98% pre-recorded. They sure look and sound good, but there's not too much "live" about it.

When I saw U2 for their Zoo TV tour, in the same stadium and with a stage just as big, that was a truly live concert full of departures from the "script". But I expect U2's concerts are just as tightly controlled as Madonna's these days, too.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Arts, Culture & Entertainment