HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West

Old Posted Oct 13, 2014, 11:31 PM

By 2020, what will Seattle's transit network look like?

I seem to find a lot of conflicting maps of what Seattle's link system + streetcar sytem will look like down the line.

Whereas I thought the streetcar was a huge improvevement for the city, I've been reading many articles complaining about it and saying its a "waste" of taxpayer money.

Can anybody provide a map image of what the network is going to look like? By 2020, do you think one will be able to live carless easily?

Old Posted Oct 17, 2014, 6:06 AM

I already live careless easily. Most of the articles written claiming that it's a huge waste if money are written by people that live in some suburb 30 miles away. A lot of people that live downtown ride the streetcar fairly frequently. After the two lines are connected it will be really useful. Light rail will be very awesome as it's built out to other neighborhoods.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2014, 6:16 AM
Never Dell

The average tower full of $2,000 apartments will have maybe 0.7 parking spaces per unit. Some average 0.5. Quite a few cheaper buildings have zero, or a ratio like 0.2. A ton of people don't have cars. I'm another.

PS, we have a "Pacific West" forum? The Seattle local stuff is mostly at SSC, because it's organized better than SSP. At one point we almost ended up with a total cluster like Portland has.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West