HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Lincoln Park 2520 in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Dec 18, 2010, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Bear in mind that he is the developer of that very project.

I've got no problem with developers, architects, and contractors advocating for more development - as long as they aren't trying to create "astroturf" support for their own projects.

Honestly, it would be great if Chicagoans turned their activism from NO DEVELOPMENT to BETTER DEVELOPMENT. Demanding more graceful architecture, less parking, more greenspace, better street-level interaction, affordable housing units, bike rooms/bike parking, etc.
Yes, I am the developer of Webster Square (and proud of it). I am also a strong advocate for better development, not simply more development.

The simple truth is, projects get better with more objective input. To that end, I invited a group of 12 Chicago architects to review our proposal and give us critical feedback prior to re-releasing to the community. It was the first time I had that much outside attention at this early stage of a project, and no question, we are better of for having done it.

People who support smart development need to be heard. I don;t know how to do it the right way every time, but we try to get better - continually refining our process and our products.

Anyone who has ideas, please feel free...

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive