HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Hermitage Plaza I in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Courbevoie (Paris) Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Sep 25, 2010, 3:51 AM

Thumbs up PARIS | Tours Hermitage | 1060ft x 2 | 94 floors | 92 floors

Quote:
The project was revealed by Norman Foster, on March 11, 2009 at the MIPIM (architecture's congress) which took place in Cannes, France. The skyscrapers have been revealed - the tallest is to be 323 m (1,060 ft) high with 93 floors. Hermitage SAS had originally proposed a different design, by Jacques Ferrier, which was running for the Tour Signal contest. The Tour Signal contest was won by Jean Nouvel's project but Hermitage SAS tried to have its towers built anyway. This was possible because Tour Signal's location was free and Ferrier's project was not planned to be at the same place as Nouvel's from the beginning. However Hermitage SAS and Ferrier were soon at odds over undisclosed points and Ferrier left the project; Hermitage SAS then announced it would order a new design from Norman Foster, which became the currently known one.
It is scheduled to start by 2010 and to be completed by 2016. This is close but Hermitage SAS claims to have secured the financing from its previous design.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermitage_Plaza

http://www.defense-92.com/photos/08.jpg

http://photo.lejdd.fr/media/images/j...-Hermitage.jpg

http://grrroux.free.fr/misc/hp_contre.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3643/...111eed26_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3589/...1951752e_o.jpg

http://www.linternaute.com/savoir/gr...aza-393829.jpg

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Last edited by Minato Ku; Feb 5, 2014 at 11:09 PM.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2010, 11:41 PM
Metal Up Your !

I like them!

Old Posted Sep 26, 2010, 12:49 AM

I can't stand top-heavy designs.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2010, 1:49 AM
Ω

Reminds me of his original WTC proposal. I like them.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2010, 2:06 PM
New Yorker for life

I love these.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2010, 2:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post

I love these.
WOW!!!!! i think this is the first time ive ever seen NYguy post in a non nyc thread, we must record this moment

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted Sep 27, 2010, 3:42 AM
JoeCooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by uaarkson View Post
I can't stand top-heavy designs.
I have to agree, even though these towers are a great concept, I'd probably like them a million times better if they were not top heavy or were evenly proportioned from the top to bottom or vise-versa.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2010, 3:52 AM
BANNED

Jealous. These would look great on the in the South Loop in Chicago!

Old Posted Sep 27, 2010, 9:31 PM
Metal Up Your !

Damn that looks sexy. Very cool modern design they got going there.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2010, 11:07 PM
BROOKLYN

Amazing towers. They remind me of one of the WTC plans.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2010, 11:30 PM
Heavy User

Beautiful twins though the floor height on these seems a little on the short end for 92 floors.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 5:28 AM

I love them!

Very French.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 12:04 PM

My favorite supertall proposal atm

Old Posted Oct 6, 2010, 9:05 PM

Old Posted Oct 7, 2010, 4:00 PM

Old Posted Oct 26, 2010, 4:11 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerton View Post
Reminds me of his original WTC proposal. I like them.
yes, my thought exactly.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Oct 28, 2010, 1:51 AM

Note that we've learned that the Hermitage Towers will actually be 1,106 ft (337m) high. The 1,060ft (323m) height that was previously reported is measured from the elevated concrete slab of La Défense, but the height from street level is 1,106 ft as per the architect's plans. The Hermitage developper apparently prefered to tell the press about the 1,060 ft height because they didn't want to generate a controversy with the Eiffel Tower whose height is 1,066 ft. In fact the Hermitage Towers will be 40 feet taller than the Eiffel Tower!! They will also appear significantly taller than the Eiffel Tower in the skyline of Paris: the top of the Eiffel Tower's antenna is 1,176 ft above sea-level, whereas the roof of the Hermitage Towers (no antenna) will be 1,197.5 ft above sea-level.

I hope to scan the architect's plans soon to show you. The developper has officially filed for a building permit (they deposited 2 vans of documents and architect's plans at the town hall of Courbevoie!). The building permit will most likely be issued in the spring of next year. The CEO of Hermitage said they are dead set on starting construction between July 2011 and September 2011 at the latest.

The Hermitage Towers compared to the Empire State Building and the London Bridge Tower.

And as an appetizer, an extract from the building permit file, showing the exact roof height.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2010, 2:03 AM

Last but not least, the Hermitage Towers will be built on the banks of the Seine River, whose altitude below the towers is 75.5 ft above sea-level (that's the altitude of the upper layer of water, not the river bed). In other words, if you take a boat and find yourself on the Seine River in front of the Hermitage Towers, the roof of the two towers will be 1,122 ft (342 m) above you.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2010, 4:43 AM

Wow! Paris is stepping up to the plate in a major way! It's about time its financial district starts to get the recognition it deserves on a larger scale. Paris has the largest financial district in Europe. And, although the FiDi is just outside Paris city limits, the current Mayor of Paris is pro growth and pro skyscraper. So, here is one project we should all watch closely. Congrats Paris!

Old Posted Oct 28, 2010, 5:23 AM
Portage & Main 50 below

Twin towers..Mneh, its been done before.

I don't know what it is about twin towers, but i'll always think of New York City.

Come up with something different.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive