HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest

Old Posted Nov 20, 2017, 1:29 PM

Amazon reps visited the Finkl Steel site per the Sun Times.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2017, 1:44 PM

I have reason to be over near the city's fleet services site on a fairly regular basis and have noticed groups of people toting printed materials, a couple times, being guided around by what appeared to be a city official. This was few weeks ago. They were most definitely not brokers or investors. Looked more like planners and architects.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2017, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1052 View Post
I have reason to be over near the city's fleet services site on a fairly regular basis and have noticed groups of people toting printed materials, a couple times, being guided around by what appeared to be a city official. This was few weeks ago. They were most definitely not brokers or investors. Looked more like planners and architects.
That'd make sense.

I'd love for Amazon to kick the redevelopment of the north branch industrial corridor, but I think the area has a ways to go before a company like Amazon comes in with 50,000+ jobs. Hope I'm wrong!

Old Posted Nov 20, 2017, 5:26 PM
પટેલ. કે ન

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockerzzz View Post
Amazon reps visited the Finkl Steel site per the Sun Times.
Curbed picked up the story too.

https://chicago.curbed.com/2017/11/2...ds-finkl-steel

Amazon reps reportedly spotted touring Chicago’s former Finkl Steel site

The North Branch property is a central part of developer Sterling Bay’s bid to lure Amazon’s coveted HQ2 to Chicago

by Jay Koziarz Nov 20, 2017, 10:17am CST

Old Posted Nov 20, 2017, 5:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnk View Post
Curbed picked up the story too.

https://chicago.curbed.com/2017/11/2...ds-finkl-steel

Amazon reps reportedly spotted touring Chicago’s former Finkl Steel site

The North Branch property is a central part of developer Sterling Bay’s bid to lure Amazon’s coveted HQ2 to Chicago

by Jay Koziarz Nov 20, 2017, 10:17am CST

I'd assume that they also went to see the Post Office, but that the openness of this site made the activity more visible?

Old Posted Nov 21, 2017, 4:23 AM

Good news regarding Amazon. I think this only so far legitimizes Chicago as a real contender. I'm sure we'll see similar news stories in other cities whether it be Atlanta, Dallas, DC, etc. However, it's been a month since the proposals were due. They definitely have a full team working on this and I wouldn't be surprised if they already denied a whole slew of them (for example, a lot of them which didn't fit the 1+ million MSA requirement). Obviously it doesn't mean anything one way or another as far as final decision goes, but I think this legitimizes the proposal.

* Check out my 2015 Chicago conversions, rehabs, and additions map at https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...k.kyJajGMvzhcE

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:53 AM
Adoptive Chicagoan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Good news regarding Amazon. I think this only so far legitimizes Chicago as a real contender. I'm sure we'll see similar news stories in other cities whether it be Atlanta, Dallas, DC, etc. However, it's been a month since the proposals were due. They definitely have a full team working on this and I wouldn't be surprised if they already denied a whole slew of them (for example, a lot of them which didn't fit the 1+ million MSA requirement). Obviously it doesn't mean anything one way or another as far as final decision goes, but I think this legitimizes the proposal.
I'm not sure anyone with any gravitas, even the biggest doubters, would have claimed Chicago's bid was less than legitimate. Nonetheless, it's a good thing to see - certainly better than hearing nothing.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest