HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Nov 18, 2017, 12:49 AM

@ Gilberts Corner intersection NB133-NB134 has a temporary set of lights.

Going down 134 to go up on 133 I had seen the lights the fold up, and have solar panels to run em. Prety neat.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2017, 3:52 AM

Where is the roundabout going? It was never on the original plans?

I believe the roundabout is going between the old bridge that was demolished over the old highway 11 going west from the light at Wilsons/Cdn tire and the new highway 11 configuration. I believe this was discussed somewhere further back either on this thread or the Atlantic highways thread. either way, if memory serves me correct, the roundabout was an addition to the original plan

Old Posted Nov 18, 2017, 4:03 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Here's the plan:

In essence, if you are travelling from Highway 15 westbound to Highway 11 northbound, or if you are travelling Highway 11 southbound to either Main Street in Shediac or Highway 15 eastbound, you will have to travel through the roundabout shown on the site plan above.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2017, 4:05 AM

I went back and a traffic circle for highway 11 was discussed on page 15 of this thread ( possibly earlier, I did not go any further).

Old Posted Nov 18, 2017, 4:48 AM

Seeing the plan, I missed the roundabout, I thought everyone was saying it was right on the highway, but it’s off where the soon to be old highway was. My bad, I missinterpreted what everyone was talking about.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2017, 11:51 AM

Monctoncore, nothing to feel bad about. For most people, unless you have an engineering background these DOT maps are not the easiest thing to read. I only began to understand how this whole project was going to look when complete in September when I drove around the area while on vacation. The above maps access roads still confuse me. I am still not sold on the roundabout being an efficient design, Time will tell.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2017, 3:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI highway guy View Post
Monctoncore, nothing to feel bad about. For most people, unless you have an engineering background these DOT maps are not the easiest thing to read. I only began to understand how this whole project was going to look when complete in September when I drove around the area while on vacation. The above maps access roads still confuse me. I am still not sold on the roundabout being an efficient design, Time will tell.
I understood the plans, just wasn’t paying attention to anything other than the new highway section.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2017, 4:31 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I drove out to Shediac today to see how things are progressing, and drove on the Highway 11 overpass northbound over the Highway 15 westbound lanes for the first time.

The new traffic flow will be so much better than before it won't even be funny. This is a great new interchange. The only thing that will take some getting used to will be the new roundabout at the eastern terminus of Main Street, and how traffic between 11 southbound heading east and 15 eastbound heading north will have to exit the throughway and go through the roundabout to get back on the highway. I'm confident things will work pretty well though (although truckers might be a little upset).

The way the new interchange diverges is reminiscent for the River Glade interchange between highways 1 & 2. That interchange has impressive lighting. I have seen no indication (yet) that the new 11/15 interchange will be similarly illuminated. I wonder if this will be the case???

Old Posted Nov 18, 2017, 5:22 PM

Monctonnrad! here is a question for you. is exit 31, the old exit to Soudouc/SHediac and points north off of 15 West still going to be open once construction is complete?

Old Posted Nov 18, 2017, 5:31 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI highway guy View Post
Monctonnrad! here is a question for you. is exit 31, the old exit to Soudouc/SHediac and points north off of 15 West still going to be open once construction is complete?
Yes. It will connect to the Scoudouc Road (route 132) as normal. If you then head northbound on 132, this will take you to the new roundabout, where you will be able to turn into Shediac, or get back onto Highway 11

Old Posted Nov 18, 2017, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

The way the new interchange diverges is reminiscent for the River Glade interchange between highways 1 & 2. That interchange has impressive lighting. I have seen no indication (yet) that the new 11/15 interchange will be similarly illuminated. I wonder if this will be the case???

I sure hope so. This new interchange will handle much more traffic than the River Glade interchange because of all the daily commuter traffic to Moncton's largest exurban areas. Then again, I still find it ridiculous that Wheeler blvd is still unlit.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2017, 12:29 PM

In regards to the lighting, I have seen them installing the bases for the lights, I suspect we will see the new lights going up this week or next.
As of this morning all traffic coming into Shediac has been routed to the 134 exit off highway 11. This weekend you were still able to use the old exit off highway 15 onto 11 and into Shediac directly but that is closed. They are working on moving the service road off the 134 to line up with Bateman Mills Rd. The current location was temporary while traffic south bound was re-routed.
They should be able to quickly finish the paving.

They have started paving Main st. with an expected finish date of Nov 24, in time for the Christmas parade.

I am looking forward to construction complete, as a resident of Shediac it has been a long time since I've been able to go directly to Moncton, it will be nice to have things back to normal.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2017, 3:51 PM

Reading a CBC article it appears the construction on the new water tower started on October 18th. The article itself seems more like something to stir up controversy that isn't there, as we have already stated the Kent building is waiting for the water tower before construction begins and isn't to serve the campgrounds.

Here is the article

Old Posted Nov 20, 2017, 4:45 PM

benvui: I also read the CBC article an hour or so ago. I had the same opinion. To me the article was written to stir things up, rather than present unbiased facts.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2017, 12:53 PM

There is a response to a facebook post on the town of Shediac facebook page from the town which states that the work on the highway will be completed the second week of December.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2017, 1:01 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvui View Post
There is a response to a facebook post on the town of Shediac facebook page from the town which states that the work on the highway will be completed the second week of December.
Hopefully winter won't arrive before that.......

Old Posted Nov 23, 2017, 4:30 PM

I believe the original NB DOT post in August said the work /detours etc. would be completed November 25th or so.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2017, 1:00 PM

Now that Main is mostly open up and back to normal (they still have some landscaping to do but the paving and sidewalk on Main is complete, I took a drive down and was surprised to see the footing for a new building in the No Frills/Home Hardware parking lot. I haven't seen any information on this and have no idea what they are building but it is nice to finally see that vast parking lot fill in some. Does anyone know what is going on there?

Old Posted Nov 27, 2017, 1:29 PM

I think it was the retail share page it was posted it's a new alcnb

Old Posted Nov 27, 2017, 4:23 PM

A cabbie told me in Sept the NBLC was building a new spot in Shediac closer to highway 11. I did not put much stock into the rumour however, he said it was going closer to the Frenchys/Sobeys/ Canadian tire intersection.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces