HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #8501  
Old Posted Nov 18, 2017, 3:02 PM
FrankieFlowerpot's Avatar
FrankieFlowerpot FrankieFlowerpot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,507
yeah - not sure what a parked domain name proves - it was registered the same day Amazon made their announcement

http://amazondetroit.com/jTRTY/

http://amazonaustin.com/

All the same holding page
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8502  
Old Posted Nov 18, 2017, 6:38 PM
FrankieFlowerpot's Avatar
FrankieFlowerpot FrankieFlowerpot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,507
I see that Dream are partnering with Great Gulf now for the Mirvish Towers.

Been a busy few months for Dream - offloading a good few properties to Kingsett. Also, looking at intensifying density on a number of their downtown properties.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8503  
Old Posted Nov 18, 2017, 6:49 PM
mistercorporate's Avatar
mistercorporate mistercorporate is offline
The Fruit of Discipline
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieFlowerpot View Post
I see that Dream are partnering with Great Gulf now for the Mirvish Towers.

Been a busy few months for Dream - offloading a good few properties to Kingsett. Also, looking at intensifying density on a number of their downtown properties.
Any approximate timeline/timeframe for construction?
__________________

Tosin007: "I know I need to get laid"
WhipperSnapper: "My seriousness is simply a veil hiding a true comedic genius."
OutOfTowner: "I live in Villeray - a block from Marché Jean Talon. And my choice of hairstyle is none of your business."
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8504  
Old Posted Nov 18, 2017, 7:46 PM
suburbanite's Avatar
suburbanite suburbanite is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieFlowerpot View Post
I see that Dream are partnering with Great Gulf now for the Mirvish Towers.

Been a busy few months for Dream - offloading a good few properties to Kingsett. Also, looking at intensifying density on a number of their downtown properties.
Dream trying to emulate the Allied business model maybe? They'll take responsibility for a 5-10 storey office podium and piggyback on the marketing and brand name that's already there with the towers.
__________________
Discontented suburbanite since 1994
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8505  
Old Posted Nov 18, 2017, 9:53 PM
enrigue8's Avatar
enrigue8 enrigue8 is online now
Mr president
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: ottawa
Posts: 122
I think that the marketing for the towers is not very far now .
__________________
World class architecture for Canada please!

Last edited by enrigue8; Nov 19, 2017 at 12:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8506  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2017, 5:05 AM
Gresto's Avatar
Gresto Gresto is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,139
AnyONE know how sales of The One have been going? It's in sales, isn't it? I've seen ads in the Globe, but they might just be teasers.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8507  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2017, 3:01 PM
WhipperSnapper's Avatar
WhipperSnapper WhipperSnapper is offline
I am the law!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Toronto+
Posts: 15,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralLeeTPHLS View Post
Hmm? Sounds like an April Fools post, but without the bit of humour to suggest so. Not sure what this would have to do with Amazon......
Bezos doesn't have to compensate . He can easily afford an Extends prescription if need be. Just more dreaming from urban.
__________________
55 built and 27 under construction for a total of 82 towers over 150 metres.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8508  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2017, 3:02 PM
GeneralLeeTPHLS's Avatar
GeneralLeeTPHLS GeneralLeeTPHLS is offline
Midtowner since 2K
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Midtown Toronto
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gresto View Post
AnyONE know how sales of The One have been going? It's in sales, isn't it? I've seen ads in the Globe, but they might just be teasers.
I'm pretty sure the waiting list for the One has been huge......they're definitely going to be sold out. I heard somewhere that there were 5000 applications or something to live there.....
__________________
"Living life on the edge"
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8509  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2017, 3:49 PM
WhipperSnapper's Avatar
WhipperSnapper WhipperSnapper is offline
I am the law!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Toronto+
Posts: 15,326
Nothing about this tower is normal from the developer to the price points. Sales should come differently as well. I have reservations that presales will come largely from (institutional) investors. It will take time to sell especially if they don't release a name for the hotel.
__________________
55 built and 27 under construction for a total of 82 towers over 150 metres.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8510  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2017, 4:14 PM
travis3000's Avatar
travis3000 travis3000 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 2,150
Pinnacle's One Yonge Prestige tower (65 stories, 712ft) is going into sales apparently in the coming weeks and providing it sells well expect construction to begin in Spring 2018. Looks like its full steam ahead on this project.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8511  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2017, 4:48 PM
mistercorporate's Avatar
mistercorporate mistercorporate is offline
The Fruit of Discipline
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis3000 View Post
Pinnacle's One Yonge Prestige tower (65 stories, 712ft) is going into sales apparently in the coming weeks and providing it sells well expect construction to begin in Spring 2018. Looks like its full steam ahead on this project.
__________________

Tosin007: "I know I need to get laid"
WhipperSnapper: "My seriousness is simply a veil hiding a true comedic genius."
OutOfTowner: "I live in Villeray - a block from Marché Jean Talon. And my choice of hairstyle is none of your business."
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8512  
Old Posted Nov 20, 2017, 12:59 AM
TorontoDrew's Avatar
TorontoDrew TorontoDrew is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Riverside/Sunshine Coast
Posts: 3,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralLeeTPHLS View Post
I'm pretty sure the waiting list for the One has been huge......they're definitely going to be sold out. I heard somewhere that there were 5000 applications or something to live there.....

Ya it should sell pretty fast. I could see a large number being offshore investors as well. Also for the scale of the project it doesn't really have that many units to offer. Approx 440 give or take a few depending on if they keep it 2 penthouse suites per floor on the top 4 floors. It shouldn't be difficult to find buyers for that number of condos.
__________________
I'm insidious! LOL
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8513  
Old Posted Nov 20, 2017, 1:52 AM
travis3000's Avatar
travis3000 travis3000 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 2,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoDrew View Post
Ya it should sell pretty fast. I could see a large number being offshore investors as well. Also for the scale of the project it doesn't really have that many units to offer. Approx 440 give or take a few depending on if they keep it 2 penthouse suites per floor on the top 4 floors. It shouldn't be difficult to find buyers for that number of condos.
416 units
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8514  
Old Posted Nov 20, 2017, 2:43 AM
GeneralLeeTPHLS's Avatar
GeneralLeeTPHLS GeneralLeeTPHLS is offline
Midtowner since 2K
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Midtown Toronto
Posts: 1,024
Hm, this list could use some updating.


I still kind of wished that the One kept the retail indoor complex, but I understand partly why they didn't go for that.
__________________
"Living life on the edge"
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8515  
Old Posted Nov 20, 2017, 4:30 AM
koops65's Avatar
koops65 koops65 is offline
Intergalactic Barfly
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Quarks Bar
Posts: 3,977
Here you go: Both 19 Duncan and Rosedale on Bloor are in site prep...

Canada's 50 Tallest Proposals diagram

http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?searchID=79276546
__________________
My Diagram: http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?searchID=52344624
A proud member of the former Airborne Regiment, 87-88
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8516  
Old Posted Nov 20, 2017, 10:33 PM
rbt rbt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbanite View Post
Rumour has it Cadillac is talking to a large Canadian retailer (wink wink) about a lease at 160 Front that would be large enough to begin construction.
My first thought at this statement is Loblaws. They've finally figured out what they're doing with the Shoppers integration and are struggling to attract new talent to their Brampton location. They could do with a large downtown location for expansion/consolidation. Presidents Choice Circle is a bit crowded despite being 80% parking lot; makes sense for logistics/operations (proximity to numerous shipping companies) but not so much for the marketing and tech teams.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8517  
Old Posted Nov 20, 2017, 10:52 PM
WhipperSnapper's Avatar
WhipperSnapper WhipperSnapper is offline
I am the law!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Toronto+
Posts: 15,326
I can't imagine Loblaws needing enough space to anchor 160 Front. This would be in addition to the half million square feet at Presidents Choice Circle as they aren't going to vacate it. Loblaws would probably prefer to "own" through Choice REIT than lease from Cadillac Fairview. Of course, that can still be arranged with Cadillac Fairview.

Grocery stores are just weird. You make tons of cash but little profit so most tend to invest it in other things. Real estate is always on that list.
__________________
55 built and 27 under construction for a total of 82 towers over 150 metres.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8518  
Old Posted Nov 21, 2017, 12:33 AM
rbt rbt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
I can't imagine Loblaws needing enough space to anchor 160 Front.
Not just for offices, no. They lost the core to Longo's/Metro and are about to get pushed out of Bloor-Yorkville.

A 3 storey Loblaws driven mall (Grocery, large food court/prepared foods section similar to Wholefoods in midtown Manhattan [50+ checkout lanes for lunch crowds], and a flagship Shoppers) plus 300,000 sqft of space for their combined technical/marketing/... teams would give them a large presence in downtown Toronto again and would probably be sufficient to anchor the space.

They still have quite a few staff the Consumers Road location too I think (old Shoppers HQ; something like 150,000 sqft).


The Church & Carlton City Market style has been doing well for them in urban areas. They just need to figure out it's something people walk to; a single store for a 5km radius isn't sufficient to own the local market.


Quote:
Loblaws would probably prefer to "own" through Choice REIT than lease from Cadillac Fairview.
That, of course, is a very good point despite Choice REIT holding a single office location in its portfolio; efficiencies of scale isn't there.

Last edited by rbt; Nov 21, 2017 at 1:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8519  
Old Posted Nov 26, 2017, 10:38 PM
GeneralLeeTPHLS's Avatar
GeneralLeeTPHLS GeneralLeeTPHLS is offline
Midtowner since 2K
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Midtown Toronto
Posts: 1,024
The Edge Towers in Mississauga have been in marketing for a few weeks....
[IMG]DSC_0004 by Josh Kenn Photographics, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]DSC_0003 by Josh Kenn Photographics, on Flickr[/IMG]
__________________
"Living life on the edge"
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8520  
Old Posted Nov 27, 2017, 7:34 AM
urbandreamer's Avatar
urbandreamer urbandreamer is offline
recession proof
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: @renderpornstar - twitter
Posts: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbt View Post
Not just for offices, no. They lost the core to Longo's/Metro and are about to get pushed out of Bloor-Yorkville.

A 3 storey Loblaws driven mall (Grocery, large food court/prepared foods section similar to Wholefoods in midtown Manhattan [50+ checkout lanes for lunch crowds], and a flagship Shoppers) plus 300,000 sqft of space for their combined technical/marketing/... teams would give them a large presence in downtown Toronto again and would probably be sufficient to anchor the space.

They still have quite a few staff the Consumers Road location too I think (old Shoppers HQ; something like 150,000 sqft).


The Church & Carlton City Market style has been doing well for them in urban areas. They just need to figure out it's something people walk to; a single store for a 5km radius isn't sufficient to own the local market.




That, of course, is a very good point despite Choice REIT holding a single office location in its portfolio; efficiencies of scale isn't there.
I could see them taking space in one of those office developments going up on King East and/or the Unilever site.
__________________
I'd rather be homeless than live in a condo...but I do like watching attractive ones get built...like Woodwards, 42 in Waterloo, and anything by Daoust/Saucier+Perotte/Nomade/aA/Teeple
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:50 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.