HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation

Old Posted May 17, 2019, 5:20 PM

When traveling distances of 10-15 kms east-west during rush hour, take the 417 if you can. Almost always faster than getting off and using different routes. That said, streets that are near to the highway and parallel it (think Carling or Ogilvie) are usually pretty quick for short distances.

Pro tip for your future generations: put them in competitive sports. I grew up playing hockey and soccer, which means we got to drive all over the place. I have a map of most of the city in my head because of those days.

Old Posted May 17, 2019, 8:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergate View Post
When traveling distances of 10-15 kms east-west during rush hour, take the 417 if you can. Almost always faster than getting off and using different routes. That said, streets that are near to the highway and parallel it (think Carling or Ogilvie) are usually pretty quick for short distances.

Pro tip for your future generations: put them in competitive sports. I grew up playing hockey and soccer, which means we got to drive all over the place. I have a map of most of the city in my head because of those days.
Even for short distances sometimes. I was somewhat shocked that google suggested on Tuesday I go from Trudel HH in the market to Bank/Gilmour via Nicholas and the 417, but it worked out.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation