HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jun 8, 2015, 4:22 AM

Lightbulb KINGWOOD | King Diamond Condominiums | FT | 25 FLOORS x 4

Developer: Davis Development
Architect: Wilson Squared Design
Type: Residential
Construction Timeline: 2015 Start Date - Completion

*If built, these will be the only towers in Kingwood. The high-rises are part of Kings Creek, a $1.2 billion mixed-use development.

Full Article: http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/ki...#photo-7600797

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Chron
Kingwood residents get update on development

During Houston City Councilman Dave Martin's town hall meeting Feb. 19, Kingwood residents learned about the Kings Creek development and the mobility upgrades that will be needed for its construction.

"The mixed-use development will be located along the Interstate 69 south frontage road, between Sorters Road and the service road to I-69," said David McCarble, principal for David Development.

"We will have water features for the children and an outdoor pavilion we will be building that will seat 4,000 to 5,000 people. We also found out we are connected to the Spring Creek trail that comes over from The Woodlands, which is about a 13.5 mile-hike- and-bike trail. It will connect it to the 7.5 miles of hike and bike trails that we'll have on the Kings Creek campus …"

Last edited by Urbannizer; Jul 1, 2015 at 3:08 AM.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2015, 5:17 AM
Ex Houstonian

Never in 17.6 billion years would I have imagined Kingwood would get a skyscraper and I'm saying this as I grew up in that suburban wasteland until 2006 and my parents still live there. So strange but it's pretty awesome to see Kingwood of all places getting a high rise.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2016, 4:20 AM

Cancelled

Quote:
According to Council member Dave Martin the Kings Creek project on Sorters McClellan Rd near 59 will not be build because of the downturn in the economy.
New Caney ISD has purchased the property.
http://www.hkatexas.com/2015/02/upda...edible-forest/

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive